Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(66 Posts)
12Michael Tue 07-Jan-20 06:12:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark here in Brackley but have had some overnight rain.
Housework beckons, then chiropodist ,and then my day out to Buckingham and Bicester for coffees etc.
This will probably be the last Tuesday that I travel that way, as we gain a new bus service linking the town with Bicester , but will keep my options open as well ,and can vary journey if I wish.
Mick

dragonfly46 Tue 07-Jan-20 11:29:39

Wonderful news Mythbirt congratulations. My two DGC were born in a water bath in Lewisham hospital. It was incredibly civilised - they even had two beds in the room so my DS could stay the night.

moggie57 Tue 07-Jan-20 11:38:08

tuesday usually my day off ,but this afternoon going to charity shop to volunteer .the utter rubbish people are clearing out is unb elievable .yesterday we had people kitchen rubbish(food included) one man bought a bag of underpants(not clean). and broken toys .how on earth are we meant to sell stuff like this .told one man no thanks to his donations bag full of dirty shirts .told him this is not a lauderette..yes we wear gloves .but oh!!!!!!!! yuk.......left my washing out over night .couldnt be bothered to get it in it was raining. so should be dry by 12 noon.still weak sun and windy...got my box of bargains from barry's bargains online.loads of cat food .only 60p for a case of 4 boxes .out of date but my cat loves the soup ones.if you havent shopped there ,plenty of sweets in date./biscuits /food etc...very cheap ,got 2 large tins of pineapple 60p a tin ,date is till nov 2020..crisps for gc .20p a bag for a bag of 18. still in date. shops sell excess stuff to him and he sells it cheap.

Susan56 Tue 07-Jan-20 11:49:17

Congratulations mythbirt ??

Susan56 Tue 07-Jan-20 11:52:29

I hope you can get an appointment soon gilly.
I totally agree with your views on the small people dealing with large organisations.I wish I could do more for you than send all my love and strength to you.I hope it helps knowing your gransnet pals are with you virtually.Never feel you are moaning,we are all roooting for you???

conor Tue 07-Jan-20 11:57:35

Congratulations Mythbirth ??and hoping that the ?is just around the corner for the Gillybobs xxx

Mommawolf Tue 07-Jan-20 12:24:54

Congratulations MYTHBIRT a new life for a new year. GILLYBOB I don't know what to say except hang in there! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Megs36 Tue 07-Jan-20 12:45:43

.Good to hear from Rufus 2 yesterday although news still dire in parts of Oz, Hope the naughty stool isn’t too hot?.Good luck.

Feelingmyage55 Tue 07-Jan-20 13:14:23

Good afternoon. I am so late but today has been hectic so far as I have various checkups this week. Am going to sit down now quietly for the rest of the day as the last three weeks have been full on. It has been lovely seeing the close and extended family and we had some particularly happy days and special meals together, however my GN user name is definitely the right one. The rest of the family don’t seem to have realised that I am not performing as if I am 35 any more and I have decided to take that as a compliment .... for now. I have not had time to read through all the days of missed posts so congratulations on the new babies and commiserations to gillybob and sending positive vibes that the GP will acknowledge how much you need to be referred ASAP. I am also wondering if you qualify for carer’s allowance as you are looking after your DH. I don’t have to take down decorations as my DS did not arrive until after Christmas or take them out of the loft. The tree is outside and the lights are artfully draped to counteract the dark clouds and rain. Wishing you all a happy new year.

JenniferEccles Tue 07-Jan-20 13:52:02

I know life seems pretty grim at the moment gillybob but just think about how far you have come.

A couple of months ago your DH was in a coma and there must have been times when you feared he wouldn’t make it, yet now here he is at home slowly recovering.

I can completely understand why you feel very down, but that was definitely a huge worry removed.

Good luck with getting that blasted tooth sorted, and I hope there is better news soon re your business.

NannyJan53 Tue 07-Jan-20 13:56:41

gilly I am so angry on your behalf, it is almost like nobody is taking notice or even listening! Sending virtual hugs to you, this surely will be resolved soon!

Doodle Tue 07-Jan-20 13:57:55

I was trying to think of some comforting words gillybob but I think jennifereccles has put my thoughts into words too.
A kind post je

GrannyGravy13 Tue 07-Jan-20 14:09:15

gillybob sorry to hear you are still suffering with your tooth, totally get what you are saying about CH angry

Congratulations Mythbirtthedragon a new grandchild, such a joy thanks

Urmstongran Tue 07-Jan-20 15:05:44

Oh gillybob you’re still up to your eyes in it aren’t you?

As JE said, as far as your husband is concerned he’s come a long way. Which is pretty darn brilliant.

Hope you get your urgent GP appointment later today. This is your next priority.

Once you are pain free and in a better place you can take on CH. There was no way you could foresee a family crisis. x

mumofmadboys Tue 07-Jan-20 17:30:39

Gilly can you let Companies house or whoever it is know the circumstances of why your accounts are late? It must happen from time to time and maybe along with a sick note or evidence of illness of DH they can grant you extra time. I hope so

NfkDumpling Tue 07-Jan-20 20:07:19

Oh, Gilly life must get better for you soon. Surely. Can your DD not sit with DH so you can go to a walk-in clinic or A&E? You can't be expected to think straight or look after your DH when you're in constant pain.

Letters from the hospital consultants/GP and your dentist would surely see you right with Companies House? As Mumofmadboys says it must happen sometimes, and if anyone has had extenuating circumstances, it's you.