Gransnet forums

Chat

Harry & Meghan stepping back from RF

(1001 Posts)
Urmstongran Wed 08-Jan-20 18:51:57

... and planning to be financially independent.
?

SirChenjin Sat 11-Jan-20 17:11:53

Agree with the post at 14:23 by Sparklefizz - although I’d change the last sentence to ‘things about the behaviour of H and M we just don’t like’. None of us know them as people but we can like or dislike their public actions.

MerylStreep Sat 11-Jan-20 17:12:16

lucywinter
I wouldn't go so far as hanging. I only ask that she takes no more of my taxes. If she wants to carry on taking: earn it!!!

Urmstongran Sat 11-Jan-20 17:14:55

Extremely CREEPY that Meghan took ex husband Trevor to Vancouver Island at the end of their marriage and has just done the same with Harry.

Narcissists repeatedly follow patterns. Just like her wedding photos were the same; her and Trevor's backs on the beach in B/W, next minute, her and Harry's backs at Frogmore in B/W!

Oh Harry, you have been so badly played.

MerylStreep Sat 11-Jan-20 17:16:23

If Charles wants to carry on supporting them, that's ok, that's his prerogative but I would imagine that there are many who pay rent on the Dutchy estate who will have something to say when their rent increase comes up.

lucywinter Sat 11-Jan-20 17:22:59

Is that Daily Mail link supposed to tell us anything new? What? Reads like all the guff from that quarter that they've been putting out for days. confused

JenniferEccles Sat 11-Jan-20 17:24:36

I’m perfectly certain they will find their own way because having their own way is, in a nutshell, what drives this selfish couple.

maddyone Sat 11-Jan-20 17:24:53

Lucywinter, that remark is out of order. (To MerylStreep)

maddyone Sat 11-Jan-20 17:25:46

The remark at 17.02.

MerylStreep Sat 11-Jan-20 17:27:16

Maddyone
Thank you for the defence. Lucywinter was just as acerbic in her previous life ?

Ellianne Sat 11-Jan-20 17:28:02

I remember Meghan saying before she went on a date with Harry that she wanted to know if he were "kind" or it wouldn't work. With hindsight I'm convinced she meant "kind" to her exclusively, he certainly hasn't been "kind" to his close family.

GagaJo Sat 11-Jan-20 17:28:23

For gods sake. Look behind the propaganda! Seems MM is the new Corbyn! Pathetic.

zelo-street.blogspot.com/2020/01/harry-meghan-press-truth.html?fbclid=IwAR0zB8uNhFdRabBBVByv7RPSmBOGMAt0aoHjJiOqARGGTDk_YuBMeWI47bs&m=1

GagaJo Sat 11-Jan-20 17:30:04

It's like some of you aren't happy unless you're attacking someone in the public eye. Try a bit of flower arranging or baking. There IS more to life!

Elegran Sat 11-Jan-20 17:32:53

They are employed in the family firm. Leaving will cause problems with the plans that have been made for the future work of all the various other members (that is, those who do work at representing the RF at organisations throughout the country and overseas)

It would have been considerate of them, particularly when it seems the Queen had asked them to do so, to delay announcing that they are putting in their notice until The Firm has been able to rejig the rotas and agree with their other representatives about changing their diaries.

It would be considerate, too, for them to relinquish the "tied house" that came with the job and the other perks they enjoy. When they visit, they can come as family from abroad - they don't need to keep on for 52 weeks a year a house they don't actually own.

Having their cake and eating it?

Cherrytree59 Sat 11-Jan-20 17:34:06

Urmstongran we all have.

I have to say though, whenever I saw Harry (pre Meghan) on television news or a documentary about one of his many visits to Africa, his love for the country and its people shone through and I did feel that at a later date he would have a home or bolt hole in Africa.

MerylStreep Sat 11-Jan-20 17:44:19

Cherrytree59
I think many of us thought that they would eventually make their home in Africa. They could have done so much good.
Trouble was: that fit into the plan.

lucywinter Sat 11-Jan-20 17:49:23

She has been rude and disrespectful to our queen. In my world that allows me to be as nasty as I want

No. It doesn't. Because we have no real idea of what has gone on between the couple and the RF.

merlotgran Sat 11-Jan-20 17:58:46

Apparently the mansion on Vancouver island is owned by a Russian billionaire. Is this an indefinite loan or just a bolt hole I wonder?

If H&M are hoping for total privacy I don't think they have a cat in hell's chance. Said cat is out of the bag now.

sparkii Sat 11-Jan-20 17:59:54

I want to be weely weely nasty because Megs has upset Lillibet.

craftyone Sat 11-Jan-20 18:06:47

I don`t think the press over the pond will treat H and M with kid gloves, like our own press. Anyone who has ever known M will come out of the woodwork to tell their story, particularly those who have been dumped

Do you think she/they might be using Archie as a blackmailing prop?

Urmstongran Sat 11-Jan-20 18:09:12

This thread i started is almost at capacity now. Shall we let it subside now? It was a big news item. No wonder so many comments - it was unforeseen!

floorflock Sat 11-Jan-20 18:14:27

So are they paying the British public back for their lavish wedding? And the cost of refurbishing Frogmore?

GagaJo Sat 11-Jan-20 18:20:20

Exactly lucywinter.

If you read the link I added, it tells you the streamlining of the monarchy was already in place, initiated by the Queen.
It had been made clear to them in their absence there was going to be a slimmed down monarchy and they weren't really a part of it”.

Frogmore Cottage's renovations were underway BEFORE M&H.
The Cottage is a Grade 2-listed 17th Century residence, which was already undergoing much-needed renovation for safety, and its refurbishment back to its original state as a single family home was funded by Her Majesty the Queen as part of her obligation and responsibility”.

If you read the Daily Mail, Express, Sun, Star, you are being LIED to.

Bridgeit Sat 11-Jan-20 18:25:51

It all makes work for the working man to do??????

lucywinter Sat 11-Jan-20 18:25:52

I read that won't live in the Vancouver Island mansion merlot. More likely to be LA or Toronto. (that was from the DM so - you know!)

Chewbacca Sat 11-Jan-20 18:26:35

It had been made clear to them in their absence there was going to be a slimmed down monarchy and they weren't really a part of it

I posted that further upthread Gagajo, and I queried then; have Harry and Meghan thrown their toys out of their pram because they're p**sed off that they won't be as much involved in royal duties and therefore have a lower profile? Or are they running away because they do want the privacy that they keep claiming they want? Which is it? hmm

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion