Gransnet forums

Chat

I Blame MawB ( not my fault at all!)

(86 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 08-Jan-20 20:15:51

After reading the buying new boots thread started by MawB,
It reminded me that she had introduced me to the buying Skechers habit ? a couple of years ago.I looked at Amazon and found yet another pair of Go Walks to buy....a bargain!
Finger hovered over ‘buy now’ ( resistance is futile) .....they will arrive in a few days.
Now, what else can I save money on?

Scribbles Wed 08-Jan-20 22:45:36

PS love those boots...

The inevitable has happened - just completed the order!

BlueSapphire Wed 08-Jan-20 23:07:53

Sorry MawB, haven't bought anything yet - you'll have to take me shopping!

MawB Wed 08-Jan-20 23:55:33

Get thee behind me Satan (and give me a little push!) ???

52bright Thu 09-Jan-20 00:34:17

Wow ...Seasalt has a sale on? I love Seasalt. Thanks for the heads up Mawbroon. Off to John Lewis tomorrow. Hope you have even more to answer for by the time I get back home tomorrow grin

NannyJan53 Thu 09-Jan-20 07:39:04

Gosh! I shouldn't have read this thread, as I had decided not to buy anything in January. Now I may just have to have a little peruse of some of these websites smile

Gaunt47 Thu 09-Jan-20 07:45:28

scribbles - you've got great legs, lucky you!

Marydoll Thu 09-Jan-20 08:28:14

Lemon, here are the boots. Unfortunately, they are sold out.
However, I will not be wearing them in your presence.
I have bad memories of other items being filched in the Argy! grin
They are black suede, not very practical and the picture doesn't do them justice, but I do like them! grin.

Chewbacca Thu 09-Jan-20 08:43:43

No photo Marydoll?

Marydoll Thu 09-Jan-20 08:51:36

Photo is there Chewy on my screen! ?
I will be in touch!!!
?

PamelaJ1 Thu 09-Jan-20 08:54:28

Gaunt- scribbles legs are 50% off. You too could have a pair?
Well Maws boot post had the opposite effect on me, after reading it I have resolved to do better.
I have a pair of ankle boots that fit like a glove, I’ve repaired them so often . I buy new ones and always go back to them.
So no more boots for me for a while.

I tried Skechers for tennis. Very comfortable but lasted about 5 mins on a hard court.

Scribbles Thu 09-Jan-20 10:01:14

Ah, Gaunt, I wish ...
Those sleek brown legs are not my own and are not included with the boots!

Rufus2 Thu 09-Jan-20 10:35:11

After reading the buying new boots thread started by MawB
lemongrove;
Also when I joined a couple of years ago she was running a very active thread on "knickers"!
It's probably still in the archives, filed under "kulture"!
Have you resisted buying any more since then?
Sorry, I think I'm mixing this thread up with the other one on smells! grin

GrannySquare Thu 09-Jan-20 10:46:19

If you like sea salt you would probably like Mistral too!

I’ve been, I’ve seen & at first glance, signed up for newbie discount....

Before I dive into a spending frenzy, help me desist.
What is quality of Mistral fabric?
Sizing?

Urmstongran Thu 09-Jan-20 10:53:30

Maw wasn’t that the cardigan that Gabriella said she wouldn’t touch with a barge pole because it was too distinctive and would shout out to people enabling them to think ‘oh she’s wearing that again’.

My wardrobe choices have been in there for years (oh dear, thinking ‘smells’ now) and I’m probably famous around here for wearing them!

Actually as a WASPI I get my state pension this summer. I intend to have a clear out and hit the shops! I hate shopping so it will have to be several small splurges it’s the only way I can bear buying stuff!

dragonfly46 Thu 09-Jan-20 11:37:22

Can I ask - do Seasalt come up big or small. I am between a 12 and 14 - what should I buy?

libra10 Thu 09-Jan-20 11:46:19

I love Sketchers, they're so comfortable, like walking on air. They also make them in small sizes, and my local Pavers usually have them in stock.

annep1 Thu 09-Jan-20 15:40:38

Love the slippers gmarie

Scribbles Thu 09-Jan-20 15:52:06

@dragonfly46: I'm between 14 & 16 in most brands and a Seasalt size 16 always fits me perfectly.

Pudding123 Thu 09-Jan-20 16:22:30

Just received a lovely Joules Beth dress ,love it size 12 bright pink fits a treat but I 've got a really sore middle toe so the heels that are needed may be a no no and it won't go with flats ....do I keep it ? Hmm I will try on again and decide .

lemongrove Thu 09-Jan-20 16:29:27

Very nice Marydoll...they will go with anything ( including me when you leave them lying around in The Alphabet Bar) I always give orphan boots a good home.☺️

HettyMaud Thu 09-Jan-20 16:40:49

Can anyone suggest leather ankle boots with a slight heel and wide at the toes? Want some to wear with dresses/skirts. Got to be careful not to look silly. My legs are short and slim. I wear flats mostly but hate them as I look dumpy.
Also I now wear mostly navy clothes, sometimes grey, so don't really want black boots. Thinking of maybe very dark red? Help needed.

Scribbles Thu 09-Jan-20 16:47:14

@HettyMaud - have a look at Moshulu
www.moshulu.co.uk/womens-boots

The range isn't huge but they do have some lovely colours and, IME, their boots are very comfortable.

GrannySquare Thu 09-Jan-20 16:58:52

Seasalt usually have reliable garment sizing for each item. I use this measurement, item description (e.g. semi-fitted, relaxed etc) & the reviews to work out what size to order. I find triangulating these factors is a reliable guide for me.

For semi-fitted tops, as a 14-16, size 16 is reliably sound for big boobs & generous girth. For trousers, I find many of the trousers/skirts generously cut & can load into a 12 comfortably.

JenniferEccles Thu 09-Jan-20 17:13:04

This reminds me of Gabriella sharing a picture of a beautiful blue scarf she bought in Guildford back in the Spring or Summer .

I went in a few days later and it was the only one!

I remember it was pricey though so I may not have been tempted although it was such a beautiful blue!

MawB Thu 09-Jan-20 17:40:17

Jan-20 10:53:30 Urmstongran
Maw wasn’t that the cardigan that Gabriella said she wouldn’t touch with a barge pole because it was too distinctive and would shout out to people enabling them to think ‘oh she’s wearing that again’

Fortunately I never subscribed to that style particular bible and would rather be remembered for wearing something distinctive and I suppose it depends on your tone of voice if you say “oh she’s wearing that again” gringrin
jennifer eccles I wonder whether as the scarf was still there, if GabbyG did not in fact buy it, but never let the facts gets the way of a good story? I remember seeing them in Liberty's a few years ago, all slightly different, being one-offs.
With a three figure price tag you would expect it to be unique