Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Wed 15-Jan-20 06:09:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark as usual here in Brackley this morning, but the wind has dropped a little.
Yesterdays day out , I went to the bus stop to early and caught the direct bus to Bicester which had started the previous day as a bus service , I was one of two passengers all the way.
But I did bide my time in Bicester ,and returned the way I have done for the last 3 years ,and seeing people that I have got to know as well made my day .
Mick

harrigran Wed 15-Jan-20 08:51:57

Good morning from an overcast NE.
The weather was dreadful yesterday but decided to go shopping anyway. Sainsbury's was empty and I was in and out in no time.
DH is out this afternoon to meet up with old workmates and I will use the time to create some birthday cards on the computer.
Best wishes to all the poorly people.

Anniebach Wed 15-Jan-20 08:58:27

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Pantglas2 Wed 15-Jan-20 08:59:03

OldGaijin your post made me smile after the initial shock and sadness of your diagnosis. I’d be exactly the same, sorting stuff out so that things run smoothly, who’s having what etc.

I love a can do attitude even when it’s bad news and I hope you keep that over the next few months - hugs and love and keep posting X

Susan56 Wed 15-Jan-20 09:00:49

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.
I am going to meet a friend for lunch today.We met when our children started school and catch up a couple of times a year.
Oldgaijin,I am so sorry to hear your news.I too hope you have the support of friends.Sending you so much love and strength?
Ellan,hope you are feeling better.
Sending good wishes to all with health worries and family members who are unwell.
Hope you got your referral gilly and that your DH and DS are doing better.x

Urmstongran Wed 15-Jan-20 09:03:59

As I was reading down the posts I got to thinking what a lovely diverse thread this is, from DoraMarr buying a pencil sharpener yesterday to Mommawolf’s son in law coming round with his digger to make a ditch!

Then I got to your post oldgaijin. Nooooo! What awfully shitty news for you to be given yesterday. My heart goes out to you dear lady.

So a good morning everyone from Malaga. I feel blessed. To write anymore seems insensitive at present.

I hope Wednesday is kind to us all. x

Brunette10 Wed 15-Jan-20 09:09:36

oldgaijin - I am so so sorry to hear your news and wish it was better. You are being so brave, you are in my thoughts flowers

MawB Wed 15-Jan-20 09:12:50

Good morning all from grey N Bucks.
A lot to take in this morning, sad news and better news such as a new bus service for Mick - that has to be a first in this age of cuts to services.
Sending warm thoughts to all with their own personal mountain to climb and wishing you all a peaceful day

Gagagran Wed 15-Jan-20 09:22:01

Such difficult new oldgaijin. Your practicality in the face of it is amazing and I can only wish you strength and peace to face what ever is round the next corner. You are an example to us all. flowers

Auntieflo Wed 15-Jan-20 09:31:13

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all, from a wet and windy Berks.
Heard a noise last night, but still haven't discovered what it was, no doubt something blowing around.
Oldgaijin, so sorry to read your post today, but your comments made me smile. Well done, and keep posting, you will get lots of support and prayers from here.
Best wishes to Marydoll and the Gillybobs, and all who are struggling with poor health.
Have a good day one and all.

vena11 Wed 15-Jan-20 09:36:22

Good morning from a dull Bristol.
Oldgaijin I am so sorry for your sad news flowers flowers..

BlueSapphire Wed 15-Jan-20 09:40:21

Good morning from Northampton where it has at last stopped raining and the wind has dropped - DGD and I were practically blown home yesterday afternoon.

Was woken early by the cats this morning while I was trying to have a lie-in; I managed to put them off till 8.15. Hoovering upstairs this morning, and book the Sainsbury's delivery for tomorrow. Then my ladies wine club tonight.

So shocked to read oldgaijin's news; I find it difficult to find the right words, but wishing you strength and hope that you can live every day to the full. Makes my worries seem so petty.

Make the most of every day folks.

Mapleleaf Wed 15-Jan-20 09:42:29

Good morning everyone,

It's another grey day, but at least it's dry for the moment and not windy.

Oldgaijin I am so sorry to read your news, but I admire your strength and fortitude. I send you lots of hugs and hope you can keep posting for as long as possible. ?

To all other posters with problems in any form, I hope today brings comfort to you.

Take care, all.

GrannySomerset Wed 15-Jan-20 09:43:12

Good morning from a grey North Somerset. As Maw comments, these posting reflect everyday life with a mix of the trivial and the terrifying. Thoughts to Oldgajn especially facing such a major challenge so bravely.

DH to dental hygienist this morning, U3A Latin this afternoon (must buy some really nice biscuits) and PCC meeting this evening. Our much admired rector retired at the end of last summer so we are dealing with a vacancy and the worry that nobody will want a job with 6 parishes, all with Grade 1 listed churches to maintain.

gillybob Wed 15-Jan-20 09:46:46

Good morning from the NE coast . What a terrible day it was yesterday. I got completely soaked twice over .

I wrote a very long (and as boring as ever) post but have deleted it after re-Reading Oldgaijins sad post. Just want to say that my mum (having been through the mill for many years) asked her Oncologist a very similar question “I want the truth” which was given (my mum wasn’t a strong person either). Seeing my mum (and my dad and I’s distress) The Marie Curie nurse brought the Oncologist back into the room to explain that “terminal” did not necessarily any time soon. It just meant that there was nothing much more they could do treatment/cure wise. My mum went in to live many more years (13 or 14 I think) having occasional Radiotherapy and bone infusions (can’t remember their proper name) . She had lots of other problems, not least kidney failure which was what she eventually died from not the “terminal C” .

Sorry to spoil this lovely thread (again) but just felt that I needed to reach out to you Oldgaijin . Wishing you all the sunshine in the world .

Thank you for your suggestion Beechnut I will look into that. My son did have a little bit counselling a couple of years ago but it was very expensive and I just couldn’t keep it up. His GP just seems to throw anti-depressants at him.

I hope everyone has the best Wednesday possible .

Love Gillybob xx

Mommawolf Wed 15-Jan-20 09:56:42

Have come back to send OLDGAIJIN my love. This is the worst possible news. I lost a very dear friend last summer to similar circumstances.so many emotions to cope with. My heart goes out to you. You will be on our prayer list. Take care.

Nanny27 Wed 15-Jan-20 10:18:50

I don't very often come to this one but I happened to pop by and saw your sad post oldgaijin. I couldn't leave without sending my love to you.

Willynilly Wed 15-Jan-20 10:31:32

Oldgaijin I am so sorry you’ve had such devastating news. Your humour and pragmatism are wonderful traits. May the love of those you know give you comfort and support x

harrigran Wed 15-Jan-20 11:01:33

Thought I would return and add my best wishes to oldgaijin and to agree with gillybob that terminal does not mean tomorrow, next month or even next year it means you live with the problem rather than have it eradicated.
Live the best life you can and enjoy what pleases you.
I have two relatives in this position at present and life does go on.

kittylester Wed 15-Jan-20 11:06:01

oldgaijin, can I add my sadness for you. And my admiration of your attitude.

I'm sure you know that you can talk to us if it helps.

The Suffolk cost is grey today which seems fitting.

Kalu Wed 15-Jan-20 11:09:31

Good morning from a fairly mild Glasgow

oldgaijin. That was not the news I was hoping for you. Bugger! Your can do attitude is inspirational. Probably not very Gnet. But I am sending you a ((hug)) and one for the mutt.

Big cuddles too for your wee GD Marydoll. A cosy day with Granny is needed and hopefully your SiL understands. Poor wee girl. Hope she feels better soon.

DD1 is going along to assist GD2’s class visit to the Science Centre, won’t be home until after 3 so GD1 has asked if I will collect her from school. Will do so with pleasure. ?

Hope those under the weather are improving and strength to those dealing with other, more serious issues.

Marydoll Wed 15-Jan-20 11:24:21

I just came back to say, like all the other previous posters, how sad I was to hear your news, oldgaijin.
There are so many kind people on this thread, who will do there best to support you.

mamaa Wed 15-Jan-20 11:32:31

flowers for oldgaijin

NfkDumpling Wed 15-Jan-20 11:37:46

Morning All

Even at the top of our ‘hill’ its very still and grey and soggy here in my bit of Norfolk.

After an early hair appointment I’ve just got back from coffee with a neighbour. Strong Hot Lava Java has left me buzzing!

As you said oldgaijin Bugger, bugger, bugger. A bit of a shock to say the least. But also, as Gilly pointed out, terminal just means they can’t do anything. Our old neighbour was told in his 70’s that he had terminal liver cancer, but lived happily many years with it - and died many years later from a heart attack - he’d been told he had a weak heart in his 40’s. (I say happily, but he was a good Scotsman and had to give up his whisky!)

I hope your deleted post said that your tooth/face referral has been speeded up Gilly!

ninathenana Wed 15-Jan-20 11:37:49

oldgaijin it's all been said but just wanted to acknowledge your sad post thanks
GN's are here for you.

conor Wed 15-Jan-20 12:35:11

Too late to say Good morning from a wet Essex but had to add thoughts to Oldgaigin. Everyone on GN is here with you xxxxflowers