Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Wed 15-Jan-20 06:09:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark as usual here in Brackley this morning, but the wind has dropped a little.
Yesterdays day out , I went to the bus stop to early and caught the direct bus to Bicester which had started the previous day as a bus service , I was one of two passengers all the way.
But I did bide my time in Bicester ,and returned the way I have done for the last 3 years ,and seeing people that I have got to know as well made my day .
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Wed 15-Jan-20 12:41:25

oldhaijin I have just come back to this thread to catch up and see our earlier posts must have crossed.
I am so sorry to hear your news.

dragonfly46 Wed 15-Jan-20 12:45:26

oldgaijin I cannot add anymore to what others have said but please remember we are here for you. flowers

Sar53 Wed 15-Jan-20 13:01:42

I've only just got round to reading this thread. So sorry to hear your news oldgaijin but as others have said I admire your 'down to earthness' in dealing with the practicalities that need to be tackled.
The sun has just appeared in Essex by the sea after a truly dreadfully wet morning.

Grammaretto Wed 15-Jan-20 14:40:22

Just popping back to send loving thoughts to oldgaijin.
You are so brave and uncomplaining. I admire you.
Brave to ask for the truth. I go to oncology with DH for his treatment. We never ask what the prognosis is. We fear we would be very depressed if we were told what you were told. He's been on treatment for over 2 years, there is no cure but it's "managed" as long as there is life to enjoy and people to meet, he's happy, I am happy, though I feel sorry for myself too.
sending flowers cupcake and wine if you are allowed smile

nanaK54 Wed 15-Jan-20 15:44:39

oldgaijin sending kindest thoughts and flowers

cornergran Wed 15-Jan-20 15:46:19

Bugger indeed oldgaijin. You’re a remarkable woman. Sending love and flowers.

BladeAnnie Wed 15-Jan-20 17:22:29

Very late in the day and I'm not going to bore anyone as to why but just wanted to send my love to oldgaijin. Keep strong ?

glammagran Wed 15-Jan-20 17:39:19

oldhaijin I’m truly sorry to read of your latest prognosis. Greatly enjoy reading of the great pleasure you take in your mutt and his mates. Your no-nonsense and can-do approach to life is inspirational. Heartfelt best wishes to you. ?

CaroleAnne Wed 15-Jan-20 19:18:16

flowers flowersfor Oldgiigin and for all who are not well.

CaroleAnne Wed 15-Jan-20 19:19:46

I mean Oldhaijin. Sorry for the mistake spelling.

Curlywhirly Wed 15-Jan-20 19:34:18

Oldgaijin - only just got around to read today's thread - what a shock it was to hear your terrible news. I am truly humbled by your strength and bravery. I hope you have lots of support from those people surrounding you; you will certainly get lots of support from the wise and wonderful GN members on this thread. Take care thanks

Annapops Wed 15-Jan-20 22:50:53

Oldgaijin. Bless you. I don't think I could ever have been so brave as you to face such news like this. Sending so much love and a happy life ahead. Take each day as it comes and enjoy what you can. Brave lady. Xxx