Gransnet forums

Chat

What new trends/products have you tried and loved?

(32 Posts)
Yennifer Wed 15-Jan-20 09:51:57

Intermittent fasting is my number 1. Not just because it helps me lose weight easily by taking in 0 calories for 16 hours a day, it also heightens a process called autophagy which is how the body heals. Its taken out the inflammation in my hips, my ibs is minimal and reflux is basically gone. I have fibro too and noticed a huge improvement.

My number 2 is reverse hair washing. I use Herbal Essences argon oil of morroco and have done for ages. Only difference is I now condition, massage thoroughly, rince and then shampoo! The conditioner pulls in your natural oils with it then you shampoo off the excess. My curls are more defined, frizz is gone, hair is shiner and never gets greasy. Amazing!

Madgran77 Sat 18-Jan-20 13:38:24

Yennifer BB so in you fasting hours what do you drink? Presumably you cant have milk in tea etc?

Yennifer Sat 18-Jan-20 15:02:21

Black coffee, black tea and water.... It was odd but at first I couldn't stand it, now I always have coffee black and only a tiny bit of milk in tea in eating hours. Someone put one sugar in my tea and I couldn't drink it! I used to have two x

Alishka Sat 18-Jan-20 15:09:30

Right! I'm going to try reverse hair washing RIGHT NOW, or rather, after I've I've drained the sherry decanter - and not on my hairwinkgrin

Yennifer Sat 18-Jan-20 17:02:42

Lol!!

Madgran77 Sat 18-Jan-20 17:17:00

I could have green tea or tea with lemon then?

Yennifer Sat 18-Jan-20 17:42:45

Madgran the idea is to have no Insulin response, insulin is the fat storing hormone. All the time insulin is off we are running on hormones that help autophagy (healing). Sometimes something sweet tasting can cause an insulin response so it's best to avoid anything 0 calorie that has any artificial sweetener x