Gransnet forums

Chat

‘Living life to the full’

(104 Posts)
Artdecogran Thu 16-Jan-20 18:23:09

Living life to the full is a phrase commonly used for the more mature person or for people living with a terminal illness. What does it mean to you? Does it mean that you have to fill everyday with trips out of the house or climbing mountains, or jumping out of airplanes? If you are physically incapable of those things or don’t have a bucket list to fill are you considered as living life to the full. If you stay at home and crochet or read books can you be said to be fulfilled? Can’t wait to hear what you all think.

Shropshirelass Sat 18-Jan-20 08:52:49

I think it just means doing exactly what you want to do, and not what others think you should do, whether that is off on adventures or just staying at home crafting or reading, it is whatever makes you happy.

SaraC Sat 18-Jan-20 12:10:36

I think Izabella’s comment about ‘living life moment by moment’ is key for me. I try to give full attention with kind intention to what I do. I realise that mindfulness has become something of a glib term, but coupled self/other compassion and gratitude it helps me to feel content with most of what I do (whatever that might be...). I’ve got only one end of life request, and that is that, whatever my arrangements my children choose to make, they play Louis Armstrong singing “What a wonderful world”...

Bluegrass Mon 20-Jan-20 09:16:31

It's interesting to know that there are many of you who feel as I do! I'm happy not to travel to exotic places but live to watch footage of these places. I think an even larger TV would make it even more of a pleasure!