Gransnet forums

Chat

The Year of the Rat

(83 Posts)
MawB Sat 25-Jan-20 14:51:27

Happy Chinese New Year!

It’s the Year of The Rat
The Personality of the Rat may resonate with anyone who has ever had a pet rat? ? They are the most fabulous pets, or so I am told .....
People born in the Year of the Rat are characterised as smart, resourceful and quick-witted. They have great imaginations and make sharp observations, with the ability to take advantage of several opportunities.

I am not ashamed to say I am a rat, as is my SIL but I would have to say it with a big smile as he is the best SIL you could wish for.
I have also read that to meet challenges head-on in “”my” year, I should wear red underwear every day!
As if that’s going to happen grin
Any more Rats on GN?

Daisyboots Sun 26-Jan-20 17:32:17

My DH is a Rat and I am a Monkey. Apparently I bring fun into his life but i don't know if he would agree about that.

f77ms Sun 26-Jan-20 17:36:42

I am a rabbit and it suits me! A bit nervy and very shy.

Evie64 Sun 26-Jan-20 17:46:45

I am an old goat hmm

Tedber Sun 26-Jan-20 19:11:12

Oh MI...never thought about this before MAW....but apparently I am a SNAKE......slithers from underground bahah (make what you want of that!)

Actually I do LOVE snakes - well not met one out and about but in zoos and things I love holding them and I think they are soothing to stroke - a bit like stress balls smile

Tedber Sun 26-Jan-20 19:12:06

Love RATS too - the four legged, cute faced ones...NOT the 2 legged variety!

fluttERBY123 Sun 26-Jan-20 20:21:40

Dragon

gmarie Sun 26-Jan-20 20:57:43

Had a white rat with pink eyes as a pet in grade school. Johnnie was a sweetie and would fall asleep in the crook of an arm if massaged behind the ears.