Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(58 Posts)
12Michael Sun 26-Jan-20 06:08:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but dry this morning in Brackley.
Usual Sunday prepared a been casserole for lunch.
I brought some so called "Norfolk Punch" yesterday, mainly to help with flue etc which I have had , have not had in under that name for years , for a herbal drink its good .
What was even more surprising, its produced about 10 miles north of Brackley but has that Norfolk Punch branding.
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Sun 26-Jan-20 12:17:02

Good (very late) morning Mick and all

Grey but dry here in SE Essex.

Just got back from having a late breakfast at a lovely little cafe/tea shop at the other end of our road.

Roast Lamb for dinner, I think it’s just us two today.

Happy Birthday Nina ??

Happy Anniversary Sar53 ?

Keep out of trouble GMs

Mapleleaf Sun 26-Jan-20 12:35:48

Good afternoon, everyone.

It's turned wet and miserable now after a brightish start.

I'm late posting today as have been busy with various chores, including preparing the beef stew which is now in the slow pot for our evening meal.

Had an enjoyable afternoon at the panto yesterday. It brought a few laughs and we all left in a happy mood. We then decided to pop out for our tea as we'd missed lunch and felt rather hungry!

Happy birthday, Nina ??? and happy anniversary Sar53 ??. Hope you are both enjoying your day.

Take care one and all. ?

Sark Sun 26-Jan-20 12:45:40

Thinking of you Applegran
I imagine it will be a big change for you and you will miss them greatly to start with...I would if ours moved away from here.
As you say it will be ok.flowers

Willynilly Sun 26-Jan-20 13:40:20

We never really got on with cockerels Mommawolf, although I did have some fabulously colourful strutting specimens. And once when I raised several chicks from eggs I found to my horror that each and every one was a flippin’ cockerel!

Hobo Sun 26-Jan-20 13:48:23

Hi everyone,.
I've recently found this site, it's so good to read all the interesting snippets and stories. My problem is I'm not sure of the abbreviations, like DH, I thought it was dear husband but surely not everyone calls their husband dear! I've been married for 52 years and much as I love the old chap I don't call him dear. Is it possible for someone to do a list of abbreviations for dim people like me? Good site though enjoy getting the emails daily, so big thanks for that.

Megs36 Sun 26-Jan-20 13:52:29

Hobo, top of the page Acronyms, personally though I prefer the whole word ??

Rufus2 Mon 27-Jan-20 07:27:14

Is it possible for someone to do a list of abbreviations for dim people like me? Good site though!
Hobo You can easily make up your own list! hmm
I've done so and it's a good therapeutic exercise, but don't publish it!. If you don't fancy DH you certainly won't fancy DBH! Sounds like GBH when said quickly!
"OG" is handy, although my darling Vera would use that occasionally with an "S" at the front; that's the beauty of personalised lists; if you do use them everyone can interpret them as they wish!
Btw; we were married 62 years, so it works! wink
OoRoo