Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(54 Posts)
12Michael Mon 27-Jan-20 06:12:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and throwing down with rain here in Brackley this morning.
Have a quiet day bit of a tidy up etc.
Nothing else planned.
Mick

Scentia Mon 27-Jan-20 06:17:16

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire.

Still very dark here but it seems mild.
Appointment at the hospital this morning as I was referred by my optician on Saturday as she found something sinister in my eyes. Hope it’s nothing bad, I am sure it will be ok.

I do hope all to come have a good day.

Beechnut Mon 27-Jan-20 06:24:01

Good Morning everyone. It’s raining on Severnside.

First thing I’m going to watch The Favourite film then I have some errands to run.

My daughter tells me she has been having a mooch on gransnet and knowing that I post on this thread she has guessed who I am ?

Have a good day all even though it’s a brolly one ☔️?

Ginny42 Mon 27-Jan-20 06:31:37

Good morning Mick. Hope you're completely over the lurgy. It poured in the night here in Cheshire but it's dry and mild at the moment.

Sorry to hear about your worries today Scentia, but your referral is speedy and it is for the best. Will be thinking of you.

My day is for sorting out legal stuff. Boring, but has to be done stuff. First a walk in the woods with neighbours and their dogs, then pop to the shops. Having been out a lot in recent days I'm looking forward to just staying home.

Take care everyone, especially oldgaijin, dragonfly and the Gillybobs. Great to hear that Mr G is walking a little.

vena11 Mon 27-Jan-20 06:45:07

Good Morning All.
Dry here in Bristol, up early for the school run, tired this morning after a busy weekend at my daughters, it was lovely for all the family to be together.
I hope everyone is feeling better and the all colds are starting to go now.
Have a good day all.

BlueSapphire Mon 27-Jan-20 06:50:34

Good morning everyone from Northampton where it is also raining.
Had a lovely lunch out with the family yesterday to celebrate DD's and DSiL's birthdays.
Yoga this morning and then an appointment at the bank this afternoon.
Hope your eye appointment goes well Scentia. And best wishes to all for a good day.

Rufus2 Mon 27-Jan-20 06:56:12

G'Day Mick! Hope you are feeling better! If you've nothing planned have a look at this URL. I can't remember if it's the same as the one I sent a while back , but if it is, no damage done! grin
I'm assuming of course that you are still interested in maps, both new and old!
www.oldmapsonline.org/

I've tested it! no probs!
Good Luck
OoRoo

NannyJan53 Mon 27-Jan-20 06:56:19

Good Morning from a dark but dry (so far) Black Country.

Enjoyed Saturday evening, had an Italian meal, then off to see Kasier Chiefs. They were great! Very energetic and Ricky Wilson! If I was only 25 years younger smile

Walking for Health walk this morning. Then Wilko's this afternoon to take back a pack of pillows, as when opening them one was split at the seam.

Hoping all goes well at the eye Hospital Scentia, that was a quick referral, but I think it is when it is to do with the eyes.

Best wishes to all, especially oldgajin gilly *Mardoll and dragonfly

Lins1066 Mon 27-Jan-20 07:01:09

Good Morning Mick and all.
It has been very wet overnight in S Wales, didn't sleep well.
Nothing planned today as DH is ill.
Hope your appointment goes well Scentia.
Best wishes to all those with worries or feeling unwell.

Sark Mon 27-Jan-20 07:01:25

Good Morning Mick and everyone
Haven't really looked but I think it is dry outside for now.
Monday morning already...the weekends go so quickly!
Thinking of you Scentia and glad you had a quick referral.
Best wishes to all

NanKate Mon 27-Jan-20 07:14:51

Good morning Mick and All.

Going to play Rummykub with old friends today, hope I don’t get a coughing fit, so will go armed with cough sweets and water.

Hope all goes well for you today Scentia.

Heard from Oldgaijin last week and she is busy with some work being done on her house, I’m sure she will be back as soon as it is all sorted.

Mommawolf Mon 27-Jan-20 07:15:52

Goodmorning all from a dark wet Norfolk. About to walk the hounds then off to garden centre with my sister to find large indoor plant, we have friends coming to stay later in week so am refreshing the little extension we converted for Dad's last years. The husband is very ill so needs lots of rest "DadsNest" is snuggly and self contained so should be fine for them. We met when we were students, wife and l at agricultural college and our husbands training to be vets, seems like another lifetime where does time go! Thoughts with all who are unwell today. Have a good day everyone.

NanKate Mon 27-Jan-20 07:15:53

Glad the show came up to your expectations NannyJ.

cornergran Mon 27-Jan-20 07:24:58

Morning Mick, morning All. Still very dark in our corner of Somerset, patio looks wet although it’s not raining. Can understand your worry scentia, quick intervention can only be good, hope all goes well. Trying to work out a shape for the day, friends staying. Between us we have two noisy coughs and two restrictive but different mobility issues. We’ll put our heads together over breakfast. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

ninathenana Mon 27-Jan-20 07:32:48

Good morning from damp Kent. The rain that started about 5 pm yesterday has finally stopped.
A day of housework and admin for me.
My thoughts are with all those in the sick bay and those with troubles.
Thank you all for the birthday wishes yesterday.

kittylester Mon 27-Jan-20 07:55:49

Morning all from achilly but dry North Leicestershire.

Sorry I missed your birthday yesterday nina - belated good wishes.

scentia, the nhs comes up trumps again - good luck with your appointment. corner, I hope you find something that you can all manage to do.

Our new drinks cabinet is being delivered today. I hope it gives up the impetus we need to find some curtains. We are hopeless at choosing curtains and wall colours.

Pittcity Mon 27-Jan-20 07:57:05

Good morning from a damp Colchester. It seems to be brightening a little now but the rain's due back later.
Walking Netball this morning.

Harris27 Mon 27-Jan-20 08:00:19

Well it’s official I’m 60 today! Feeel very emotional after a lovely day with the family and good friends yesterday bit of a whirlwind day and I’m not normally one for centre of attention but everyone was lovely and it mad the transaction of being 59 to 60 more bearable. Have got to pack a bag as my sister has booked us into a hotel for the night and it was a Complete surprise! Feel very loved and glad of what I have good friends and lovely family who could ask for more. Have a good day all.

Mommawolf Mon 27-Jan-20 08:03:46

Happy birthday HARRIS have a wonderful day.

dragonfly46 Mon 27-Jan-20 08:07:45

Good morning, as kitty said clear sky here so far in Leicestershire.

Quick trip to M & S food this morning and Little Women at the cinema this afternoon.

Hope it goes well today scentia and everyone else has a good day.

dragonfly46 Mon 27-Jan-20 08:08:51

Happy special Birthday Harris ??

DoraMarr Mon 27-Jan-20 08:12:23

Good morning from Birmingham, where it is bright and dry. I’m having my second cup of tea with my three year old grandaughter snuggling next to me with her milk. She slept in this morning after I let her watch “Frozen” with me last night. It’s the first time she has done that, and it was actually a very nice little film. ( Of course she needed two bedtime stories too.) We will probably go to the park, and then I am collecting my partner from one appointment and dropping him at another, with lunch in between. My grandaughter will be collected by her parents around three on their way back from their weekend away, then I will have a nice tidy up and a quiet evening!

Susan56 Mon 27-Jan-20 08:13:26

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.Another rainy day.
Have woken up feeling exhausted today?All I have planned is podiatry appointment and a few phone calls.Hopefully will feel better as the day goes on and can carry on with sorting out the upstairs for our renovation plans.
Scentia, hope your appointment goes well,good that you got such a quick referral.
Sending good wishes to all unwell,with family members unwell or with other worries.
Ellan,thinking of you and your family.x
Hope DH had a better night gilly and really wish he could get an earlier date for his surgery,also that your referral comes through.x

Susan56 Mon 27-Jan-20 08:13:48

Happy birthday Harris????

Pantglas2 Mon 27-Jan-20 08:15:07

Morning all from a dry and bright north Wales where the seagulls are rather lively already!

Good luck with your appointment Scentia and happy birthday Harris - welcome to the super 60s!

Nothing planned for today apart from some culinary delights - carrot and coriander soup for lunch and beef casserole for this evening.

A better day than yesterday for all x