Gransnet forums

Chat

Natural nails or painted

(59 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Sat 08-Feb-20 09:01:26

Are you like me. Gransnetters, I do love to have both fingernails and toe nails painted, regardless whether it’s sandal weather and my feet will be on display.

travelsafar Sun 09-Feb-20 09:14:10

My nails are always breaking and have ridges in them so i keep them short and use a special nail oil to try and keep them strong with a coat of a well known brand of nail hardener which is clear.

Callistemon Sun 09-Feb-20 10:07:29

Same here travelsfar
Esspee I do wear some makeup as I look washed out without any and some people ask me in that faux concerned manner, head on one side, if I'm feeling all right!

So less is more.
Wrinkles? What are they?

lemongrove Sun 09-Feb-20 10:38:52

I have attractive feet Esspee !?
Tbf, probably my best feature.

lemongrove Sun 09-Feb-20 10:40:26

Callistemon.....same here, without a little make up ( yes, less is more etc) I look a bit peelywally.

SirChenjin Sun 09-Feb-20 11:03:50

Shock, horror - older women have wrinkles! So what?!! Wear what the heck you like and you feel happy in ?

Tweedle24 Sun 09-Feb-20 11:07:32

Like MiniMum, I was a nurse all my working life but, make up for it now! I have gel nails done in a nail bar. They last up to four weeks and are shaped beautifully. I like the fancy colours too. Currently they are a sparkly navy

timetogo2016 Sun 09-Feb-20 11:08:05

I`m with GrannyGravy13.
Only worn varnish once and did not like it one bit.

Esther1 Sun 09-Feb-20 16:03:16

I used to have gel on fingernails and toe nails in a salon - then a chiropodist questioned their hygiene in some of these places and it was enough for me to either do them myself now or go natural. Luckily my nails are nails look fine without any polish.