Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Tue 11-Feb-20 06:10:30

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark, but slight wind ,and looks cold and dry this morning in Brackley.
Busy day today, housework and then trips on buses to Buckingham and Bicester making it a day away.
Yesterday I managed to get my new printer up and working, instead of wi-fi opted for USB but got a more up to date lead.
Mick

Ginny42 Tue 11-Feb-20 06:33:59

Good morning Mick from a clear morning in Cheshire after a moonlit dawn, but those clouds were scudding across the sky from the West at a rate of knots! Strong wind I think.

I changed back from a wi-fi printer, as it was very temperamental and could also be hacked.

A walk in the woods at 9. Then to a friend's for lunch. We planned to go into Chester for a walk by the river and round the walls later, but if it's too windy we're going to see 'Little Women' instead.

Warm wishes to all those on the sick list and special wishes to all affected by the storm.

mumofmadboys Tue 11-Feb-20 06:46:28

Good morning all! Cold start in Cumbria! Lovely weekend in Glencoe even though the weather was wild! Quiet day today catching up at home .

NannyJan53 Tue 11-Feb-20 06:55:27

Good morning from a cold and windy Black Country.

Going to view a property with SIL today, then over to Mums for lunch. Then probably on the way home a gym visit. I started going back last week, so now trying to keep the momentum.

Wishing you all a good day, and special thoughts with gilly,dragonfly and Marydoll

Curlywhirly Tue 11-Feb-20 07:00:28

Good morning from a very windy Cheshire. Had little DGS sleeping over last night, he only woke up once, I put his dummy in and he went back to sleep immediately - thank God for dummies! After dropping him off at nursery I need to do a food shop, then intend to try and go through my wardrobe (and the two in the spare rooms that also seem to have my clothes in!) I really need to be ruthless, and get rid of lots, but it is difficult! Hope you all have a good day.

Scentia Tue 11-Feb-20 07:05:57

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire, it was so windy in the night but seems to have died down a little now.
We should be going to Buxton tonight to the theatre but I think there is snow up there so will ring them today and see what it is like.
I had an MRI scan on my brain yesterday, they didn’t say if they found one or not!! I will wait for my appointment on Thursday to see I suppose.
Normal work day for me today and it is getting busier at the factory so that has cheered my DH up.

I made him tea last night as it was our anniversary, when we were eating it we remembered why he does all the cooking!!!

Wishing everyone a good day and hope that we all see a glimmer of something to put a smile on our faces.❤️

Marydoll Tue 11-Feb-20 07:07:28

Good morning Mick and all from a dark and very wet Glasgow. We are expecting snow later. sad, and DGD will be on tenterhooks waiting for it. We had every kind of weather yesterday, within a half an hour period. We even had thundersnow, I have never heard of that term.
Brunette, I see your weather is even worse than ours.

A day in for me and as we have DGD for the next few days, we will be fully occupied, baking, drawing, playing snakes and ladders and generally being talked to death by DGD. (She takes after her gran).

My nightmare journey yesterday to the hospital and the phone call, while sitting in a jam at one of the most difficult junctions in Glasgow, actually turned out quite well in the end.
I explained to the person who phoned that I was nearly at the hospital gates and had needed some advice. It turned out that she was the head physio and said she would see me for five minutes. ( It became forty!)

Firstly she said I shouldn't have come out in that weather, considering all my ailments, agreed that some of the painful exercises were not suitable and the best thing of all, asked me which hospital I preferred and transferred my treatment to a hospital 15 minutes from my home. smile.
In her opinion, too much was being asked of me to attend so many different different hospitals, considering how unwell I felt.
I came out with a spring in my step! (Well that's a bit of an exaggeration grin. I had moaned the whole journey, (poor DH) about the weather, the traffic, the early start, the parking etc, etc. ?

Thinkinging of all those who are unwell, especially Dragonfly, as the next few days will be hard. Pantglas, hoping your husband is on the mend and of course the Gillybobs and anyone I have missed.

Enjoy your day and keep safe!

Marydoll Tue 11-Feb-20 07:08:55

My goodness, sorry for all the errors! I did preview!!blush

Beechnut Tue 11-Feb-20 07:10:25

Good Morning everyone. I slept longer this morning so it’s getting light on Severnside and it is dry. The clouds are static.

A homework day for me.

I dropped off to sleep in the chair last night and woke to the sound of a weather woman. Her voice startled me and I wondered where I was.

Sending my best wishes to you all for a good day ?

Beechnut Tue 11-Feb-20 07:14:42

Hoorah for some hospital sense Marydoll ?

Lins1066 Tue 11-Feb-20 07:23:35

Good Morning Mick and all.
Dry and very windy here on the S Welsh coast. Got up in the night about 3, another lovely moon but it was hidden intermittently by scurrying clouds. Went back to bed with a hot water bottle and slept until 7.
What a day Mary but a good result for your physio, someone with a bit of sense eh?
Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Tue 11-Feb-20 07:26:03

Lins, I saw your post in the Kitchen flowers Good to see you posting again. smile

Lins1066 Tue 11-Feb-20 07:30:34

Thank you Mary xx

ninathenana Tue 11-Feb-20 07:31:20

Good morning from a dull blustery Kent.
We had a two minute thunder storm last night followed by two minutes of snow!
Blood test this morning then drop Ken at gardening job and go to Tesco.
My thoughts are with the sick and troubled amongst us.

NfkDumpling Tue 11-Feb-20 07:31:51

Morning All

The wind dropped a little yesterday so I went to my lunch ‘event’ but on the way back it started to sleet - and then snow! By the time I got home everywhere was turning white. That should only happen ‘up north’ not here in the dry bit of the UK! It’s a bright morning here today with a brisk drying wind so all is back to normal. Just that lazy Norfolk wind which goes straight through you as it can’t be bothered to go around.

Nothing planned for today, just a catch up day. The house is a tip.

EllanVannin Tue 11-Feb-20 07:32:04

Good Morning All x
It's been a long night ! The gales kept me awake with their sudden blasts and because I hadn't locked my bedroom window properly, it was whistling but it was too warm in bed to bother getting up. My own fault.

The wind has appeared to have dropped but will whip up again when you least expect it, though as soon as it stops we'll probably see snow. sad

I do need one or two bits from the local shops today as I haven't been out since Friday so I'll scurry out later .
Remains of yesterdays chicken soup so don't have to worry about lunch today.

Hoping for a better day for Dragonfly, Marydoll and the Gillybob's xx.
Keep warm everyone and stay safe if you have bad weather.

Baggs Tue 11-Feb-20 07:36:25

morning all from Argyll it's still wet and windy here and set to stay that way for a few days
I think I'm going to have a painful shoulder day though actually it's more elbow that's painful oh well. when they sent me home from the hospital on Wednesday they didn't think I had fractured anything but it turns out there is an undisplaced tuberosity fracture in the shoulder now I'm wondering if I'm going to need a follow-up appointment no doubt time will tell
sorry about the lack of punctuation I'm dictating and it doesn't do punctuation

glad to hear about your helpful physio Mary Doll it should be much easier for you to go to the hospital is much nearer home

Brunette10 Tue 11-Feb-20 07:39:52

Good Morning from Fife. It's still dark, windy and very cold. We had our fair share of the bad weather yesterday and today the new Queensferry Crossing is closed across to Edinburgh. Nightmare for commuters. DD is going down to London today so a bit of yuk start to her day/return. Some good news then Marydoll yesterday, thank goodness for you. Out this morning and afternoon for catch up with friends. Hope today is good to all and especially dragonfly and gillybob. Take care everyone - keep safe.

Marydoll Tue 11-Feb-20 07:45:20

Baggs, you must be in agony! ?. My father did something similar, many years ago and we had to do everything for him. Hope you feel better soon.
We will let you off with the lack of punctuation, extenuating circumstances. wink

kittylester Tue 11-Feb-20 07:47:01

Morning all from a bright North Leicestershire. We had snow yesterday but it didnt settle.

Bil is going home today wine It is also the last day of this Carer's course so it's a cake day!

dragonfly46 Tue 11-Feb-20 07:51:16

Good morning from a windy Leicestershire. At least the snow has gone.

I may not stir far from the sofa today as the term hit by a bus comes to mind.

It is always hard Scentia waiting for results. I hope the news is good.

What a fortuitous trip to the hospital Mary. So pleased it will make life easier for you.

Your shoulder/elbow sounds really painful Baggs. I hope they have a plan to help the healing.

Have a good day every one.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 11-Feb-20 07:53:24

Good morning from east London, bright and cool here this morning, I think the wind must be hiding around the corner. Like others went through very changeable weather yesterday, fine when I went to tennis, managed one set before we got wet then just after I walked dripping into the house, we were back to blue skies. Lunch today with a friend who’s just had a knee replacement and may have a short walk after to see how he’s getting on. Hope you have a good day.

NfkDumpling Tue 11-Feb-20 08:01:50

An undisplaced tuberosity fracture sounds very impressive Baggs. And painful. Very painful. Hopefully it heals quickly.

Good news about your hospital Mary, it should make things easier for their administration too I would have thought.

Sending positive vibes as always in the direction of Gilly and Mr G and Dragonfly.

cornergran Tue 11-Feb-20 08:05:36

Morning Mick, morning All from a wild, wet corner of Somerset. Horizontal rain out there. Not sure what today will bring, due to meet friends but issues on the bridge from Wales may make them cry off. Oh well, either way it’s lunch out for us. Good wishes to all struggling, hope Tuesday is kind to everyone, stay safe.

harrigran Tue 11-Feb-20 08:05:54

Good morning, yet another blustery night and still shaking the house. I wore earplugs again and did get some sleep.
Staying at home again, DH has the washer on so I will catch up with some TV.
Thinking of all those on the sick list.