Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Tue 11-Feb-20 06:10:30

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark, but slight wind ,and looks cold and dry this morning in Brackley.
Busy day today, housework and then trips on buses to Buckingham and Bicester making it a day away.
Yesterday I managed to get my new printer up and working, instead of wi-fi opted for USB but got a more up to date lead.
Mick

dragonfly46 Tue 11-Feb-20 08:07:57

Just sending a shout out to Gilly. Everyday brings the op nearer. flowers

Susan56 Tue 11-Feb-20 08:09:05

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.Still blowing a gale but the snow we had yesterday has more or less gone.
Not sure what today will hold.Had a phone call from the Drs saying 2 urgent referrals had been made for me,had one appointment within a couple of hours and an investigative procedure booked for 21st.All calls have been from the receptionist,haven’t spoken to the dr so don’t know what is in his mind.Our daughter is still unwell and last night DGD came out in a rash from head to toe,literally covered in spots.DD phoned out of hours and they think it is an allergic reaction as she is fine in herself.Thank goodness for the NHS.
Anyway onwards and upwards,will try and get out for a walk later if the weather improves.
Sending get well wishes to Mary,dragonfly,Scentia,Mr pantglas,gilly and her husband and anyone else with illness and worries.

Mommawolf Tue 11-Feb-20 08:09:55

Goodmorning all from a bitterly cold norfolk NFK DUMPLING the snow took me by surprise, out with dogs when it hit. Never can get the forecast right for our area. A day of mopping up and clearing fallen trees we will have lots fire wood when it drys out so a silver lining to a real mess at the moment. Thinking of all who are struggling. Have a good day everyone

DoraMarr Tue 11-Feb-20 08:10:31

Good morning from Birmingham. It’s a rather lovely morning here, but clouds are thickening quickly from the north-west, so I think we are in for another blustery day. I MUST wash the kitchen floor this morning, then decide what to eat this evening after an early showing of “David Copperfield.” Then shop for it. I think it might be a casserole I can leave to cook while we are out- the cinema is practically next door. My daughter and granddaughter are coming for lunch-I haven’t seen her for over a week!
Best wishes for everyone who is suffering or caring for someone. Marydoll that must be a huge relief to you.

Alygran Tue 11-Feb-20 08:23:07

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Another day of high winds and heavy showers here. The local flooding is still bad but the road reopened yesterday afternoon.
Taking the laptop to have a new hard disc put in today. It’s running very slowly and is full of rubbish.
May have a wander into town. History Society tonight.
Dragonfly stay on the sofa! Hope you feel better soon.
Good wishes to all on the sick list, caring for someone or with struggles of their own.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

Brunette10 Tue 11-Feb-20 08:26:42

Oh Baggs - flowers - look after yourself.

Grammaretto Tue 11-Feb-20 08:28:20

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where its a lot quieter today. My DB arrived very late yesterday by taxi from the airport. We are supposed to be visiting a snowdrop garden with them today.
So glad to hear you have a more sensible hospital routine Marydoll and that your printer is working Mick.
All the small things that make a big difference.

BlueSapphire Tue 11-Feb-20 08:29:05

Good morning everyone from Northampton where it is bright and sunny but still very windy. Slept in till 7.30 this morning which is virtually unheard of for me! It is very strange but I actually sleep better now than when DH was next to me; (must have been his snoring!), and I can't help but feel a bit guilty about saying that - though I'd rather have him here and suffer had nights again.

I have the fence man coming later this morning to see what he can do about my nearly blown over fence. When I spoke to him yesterday he said he had had 50 phone calls since Sunday. Hopefully it can be fixed today. Checked in my house insurance but of course fences aren't covered by wind or storm damage.

Won't be doing my Health Walk today, but will be collecting DGD from school and giving her tea before Brownies. Think I will make a Bolognese which she loves.

Hoping for a good day for all.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 11-Feb-20 08:30:22

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Blue sky and calm here in SE Essex.

GSs birthday today, so it's off to a themed play centre after school, I am in "baby duty" whilst the others run wild!

Keep warm and safe folks.

Sending virtual hugs to all poorly Goodmorningers.

NumNum Tue 11-Feb-20 08:38:31

Bonjour from France where it's still raining and very windy.

I've given up trying to keep the floors clean here - 6 dogs + this weather = a complete waste of time!!!

Will concentrate on catching up with some admin today instead smile

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday

Urmstongran Tue 11-Feb-20 08:52:17

God morning everyone from South Manchester where it belted it down earlier but I managed to go back to sleep. It’s almost 9am. Think this cough has made me more tired and my ribs ache. Well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

Off to take the grandchildren out to lunch today and play with them. Hide and seek seems to be their favourite game - even the 3y old is good at it now. She squeals when I find her! Too cute.

Home later then back to take the grandson to his swimming lesson.

I’m going to drink my tea now and read all the posts on here at my leisure. I hope all’s well and that Tuesday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

gillybob Tue 11-Feb-20 08:56:02

Good morning from the NE Coast where the wind is wild ! It’s been raging all night and most of my pots have been scattered around the garden . Probably a few broken ones but I haven’t ventured out yet.

DDiL rang last night to say that DGD2 has tonsillitis and can she come here for a few hours later when DDiL goes to work. I said “yes of course” before I realised that tonsillitis is contagious . Not sure what to do now as it would be just our luck for DH to catch it . Might have to confine her to the children’s bedroom? Oh dear.

So sorry to hear you have injured your arm/shoulder Baggs . It sounds very painful so I hope you get the right treatment soon.

Fingers crossed for good results after your brain scan Scentia I wonder how many times they hear the words “did you find one?”
Glad to hear your GP is on top of things Susan but I can’t help but wonder why you haven’t been given an explanation. Hope things are okay anyway.

Well done that physio Marydoll smile

I think a sofa day sounds just what you need dragonfly . Just Keeping warm and comfortable might just be what the doctor ordered and set you up for the days ahead.

Thank you everyone for continuing to hold my DH in your thoughts . I just wish 24th would hurry up and can’t help worrying that something might go wrong and it will be put off yet again. That’s just me being a pessimist again.

To all those feeling poorly or under the weather I hope you see some sunshine very soon.

Stay warm and safe everyone.
Love Gillybob xx

Anniebach Tue 11-Feb-20 08:56:11

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Feelingmyage55 Tue 11-Feb-20 08:57:27

Good morning. Snowing heavily today and a good excuse to stay and make marmalade instead of helping my daughter with settling into her new house. I need a day off and the weather is my excuse. “Haven't you finished that yet?” Had me muttering (bad words) under my breath the last few days. Role reversal. It was not just that I was slower (being thorough?) but I was afraid of falling off the ladder that she was too busy to hold. Why was I up the ladder not her? Mmmmmm ... I might not make marmalade; it may be better to read about being assertive. gillybob ? marydoll Every cloud etc. *dragonfly Rest and be looked after. Everyone have the best day you can.

Mapleleaf Tue 11-Feb-20 09:03:31

Good morning everyone,

It’s another blustery morning here, with sunshine and wintry showers alternating.
So much better for you, Marydoll, to be able to attend a hospital so much closer to you - some common sense dispensed by one of the medics at last!
To all feeling unwell I hope today brings respite. ?

conor Tue 11-Feb-20 09:05:09

Good morning from a sunny Essex. Hopefully storm has long gone and we can look forward to Spring! Supermarket shop this morning, then school volunteering, DGS1 school pick up and feed and then yoga! Have a good day everyone xxx

GrannySomerset Tue 11-Feb-20 09:11:11

If today is anything like yesterday the clouds will take over and drop Noah-like rain on us just as we set out for a funeral later this morning. We have to walk as there will be no hope of parking so am anxious not to get DH soaked.

Wonderful cleaner here this morning so we will come back to a pleasantly orderly house. Women’s group meeting this evening - last month’s was cancelled because of flooding so hope we have better luck this time.

Thoughts with all our GNers having a tough time.

Auntieflo Tue 11-Feb-20 09:25:52

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all.
It is bright, sunny and breezy here, for the time being. Hope it stays dry, but I doubt it.
My friend couldn't come yesterday, due to trees being down in and around her village, so I had a productive day. Which was a nice change.
Gilly, sorry to hear about your DGD, but is it wise to have her near your DH when he has been, and still is so poorly? But you have a big heart and will doubtless take her under your wing.
The physio has done you a favour Marydoll, in finding much more convenient places for your treatments. Well done.
Have a lovely, warm and cosy day on the sofa Dragonfly. Sending get well soon vibes to you and all who are poorly. Especially Baggs and her painful shoulder.
I am off volunteering this afternoon, so must think about what we are going to eat later, and go and delve in the freezer.
Have a good day one and all.

Susan56 Tue 11-Feb-20 09:31:26

Thank you gilly.The dr said I could come in to discuss things with him but the next available appointment with him is after my hospital appointments.x

Kalu Tue 11-Feb-20 10:02:06

Good morning from a much calmer Glasgow. Blue skies today but a chilled wind however, that could change in half an hour if yesterday is anything to go by.

Ouch Baggs, I didn’t know you had injured yourself. That is a very painful one so, hope you have good pain relief to get you through this. Take care.

Very good news Marydoll I can imagine the spring in your step, just?. So much more convenient with no more arduous trips into Glasgow?

Sky has changed to a heavy snowy dark one and now it’s snowing with stronger winds?. Another at home day for us then.

Oh gilly, tonsillitis is the last thing either of you need but I understand, when GDs ask to come to Granny’s, I never refuse either. No kissing allowed?

Off now to put some lamps on and dosomething constructive although I am reading a good book just now so, plans could change?

Have a pleasant day if possible and best wishes to those in the sick bay.

NanKate Tue 11-Feb-20 10:50:22

Morning Mick and All.

Back from a full on weekend with our 2 DGSs. They had a great birthday weekend and much chocolate cake was eaten!

Off to stock up our larder which is virtually empty.

So pleased Mary you got some genuine help.

You are brilliant Gilly with helping all your family and their health needs.

Jaan12 Tue 11-Feb-20 10:59:12

Good morning from a wintry F ife. Strong wind blowing sleet along and very grey looking sky. Forecast is not good for the afternoon so will probably have to stay in. Will get on with some painting as have a few pictures on the go which need completing. Still trying to get used to Dinky not being here. It will take time. Hope everyone has a good day.

Kalu Tue 11-Feb-20 12:07:36

Jaan, sorry but I must have missed who Dinky was but the name jumped out at me as this was the name of one of my late Mother’s dogs. A much beloved pet in her life.

Hope you have a positive day on completing your paintings.

Applegran Tue 11-Feb-20 14:30:17

Hello everyone! I am so sorry to hear about the pain and worry some people are facing and send love and hopes for better things before too long. My arthritic shoulder seems a small isssue alongside what others have to deal with. Today we had hail and high winds beating against the windows - what must it be like to be homeless? and how grateful I am to have my house and warm bed. Now the sun is shining - maybe I'll venture out for a walk.