Gransnet forums

Chat

Acceptance

(39 Posts)
Greymar Sat 22-Feb-20 16:35:51

This is on my mind today. I wonder if anybody would like to share anything they have come to accept.

Mine are My Dad died, I did my best. I don't have a good relationship with other family members and it won't improve.
I am lucky in many ways.

BlueSky Sat 22-Feb-20 18:34:30

After reading some of your stories I won't complain about my children and grandchildren living far away.

Greymar Sat 22-Feb-20 18:44:41

Bluesky, it's not about complaining and your " thing" is every bit as valid.

paddyanne Sat 22-Feb-20 19:02:08

Greymar she has fibro,joint mobility syndrom,polycystic ovaries,just about to go for surgery for a hand issue ,has gynae problems and it seems something new every week.She is in constant pain and it nreaks my heart .She has three beautiful children who need her and she's not in any state ,most of the time,to do anything with them.I'm just glad her Dad and I are fit and well and able to help most days .

Greymar Sat 22-Feb-20 19:05:52

so sorry paddyanne, do you have good medical help?

rosenoir Sat 22-Feb-20 19:09:52

Thank you for the kind words, I should have added that I am okay about the no contact, I do have other people in my life.

BlueSky Sat 22-Feb-20 19:12:37

Thanks Greymar

paddyanne Sat 22-Feb-20 19:14:00

Her Gp is good,the Glasgow pain clinic less than useless ,her husband works away 10 or 12 days out of 14 so she spends quite a lot of time trying to cope when she has neither the strength or the eneergy .She tells me she has accepted how her life is but mourns who she was just a few years ago.I can understand that completely,she was always busy ,ran two businesses ,did lots of voluntary work in the community.She has a heart of gold and life just isn't fair .

Grammaretto Sat 22-Feb-20 19:15:52

This is such a sad thread. Hugs to all who suffer flowers

I don't make enough effort keeping up with people. DH is far better at it than I am and has kept up with all his friends, at least those he cares about.

I think you have to be a little thick skinned and not be scared of rejection.
Can I change? or should I accept?
I won't walk another marathon. I probably won't visit my beloved NZ again. I have not accepted anything yet.

ForestsLakesandMountains Sat 22-Feb-20 19:17:44

been separated for ten years and never met anyone else, accepted now that I am not meant to be with anyone and will spend the rest of my life single. I dont feel sorry for myself I just think some people are not meant to be in a couple. I look at the positives - doing what I want and not being accountable to anyone else

kittylester Sat 22-Feb-20 19:22:15

I have accepted lots of things in my life that arent as I'd like them but I appreciate the lovely family and happy life I have!

BlueSky Sat 22-Feb-20 19:30:58

Gramaretto your sentence "I probably won't visit my beloved NZ again" made me sad. I've recently come to the the same conclusion about visiting Australia once more, because of age and above all health issues. Then the following morning I'm a lot more positive and start making fresh plans again!

Greymar Sat 22-Feb-20 19:32:45

Oh no! this has gone down a sad alley.

blossom14 Sat 22-Feb-20 19:36:59

Greenfinch thank you for your understanding.