Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Tue 25-Feb-20 06:10:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Busy day in a way, housework before I go out.
Usual bus journeys to Buckingham and Bicester , for coffees and shopping.
Returning to Buckingham, as its Pancake day , the café I visit does pancakes, so will have some with a coffee.
Then wait for the bus home.
Mick

NfkDumpling Tue 25-Feb-20 13:38:09

Oh, Gilly words fail me. I really don’t know how you’re coping. (((Hugs))) You would make a wonderful Prime Minister. After all you’ve had thrown at you, running the country would be a doddle.

Megs36 Tue 25-Feb-20 16:37:25

Like most I send good wishes to the Gillys and sympathy to others who seem always to have problems, but I would like to add that there is often light at the end of the tunnel. Nearly five years ago (after knee replacement, and cataracts) my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer ,followed by 36 sessions of intensive radiotherapy, this eventually left him with COPD but hopefully cancer free. So far nearly so good, then last February I had a stroke which left me unable to drive and a bit immobile . Last summer husband had a pneumothorax and chest drain following having a pacemaker, this resulted in bladder problem and catheter, once home from hospital with carers and district nurses for a few weeks, he got better,he of course hadn't been driving so we were dependent on family and good friends for help. Now he is driving locally and as normal as he’ll ever be that’s me too , neither of us will ever run (or walk) a marathon! But I try to give thanks for every day and massive thanks to the NHS without which I dread to think how things would have turned out. Now on lots of medications but a small price to pay.

I have posted occasionally but am not a ‘regular’ however my point is something my father used to say...do the best you can and don’t give up.???

Auntieflo Tue 25-Feb-20 19:32:54

Gillybob, words fail me. The NHS seems to have failed your DH all the way. I am so sorry that you have had all this worry and stress.
All the other GN's seem to be able to put things so much better than I can, but sending love and prayers to you both. {{{hugs}}}