Gransnet forums

Chat

Has anyone else found themselves locked in?

(77 Posts)
AGAA4 Wed 26-Feb-20 15:41:44

I was in the shed, when a very strong gust of wind blew the door shut. The door had been warped by recent rain and had not closed properly for ages but the gust closed and jammed it. I live alone so I knew I wouldn't be missed for ages. I banged on the door in the vain hope that someone might hear me. The shed is well away from the road and other houses.
After 10 minutes I decided that I would have to get myself out or I would be there all night (panic setting in) I tried a few things but no joy.
Eventually I noticed an old spade at the back of the shed used it to force the door open. Door and spade the worse for it but I was free!

LadyJus Sat 29-Feb-20 19:41:00

My ex lodger went outside at 8am one cold winter's morning to pop something into the bin, she was wearing a tiny, cotton nightie as the bin was a mere 10 foot away.... The wind caught the door and it slammed shut. She didn't have ANYTHING at all with her and didn't know my mobile number off by heart. Luckily, a religious neighbour took pity on her after an hour so ensconced her into his lounge where she spent the entire day listening to his bible recitals and sermon construction!
I returned home at 6pm and have always, ALWAYS put the latch up since!!!