Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(97 Posts)
12Michael Wed 04-Mar-20 06:11:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a twilight start but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Quite day for me , maybe rearrange my bookshelf again, I have a few editions of the yearly Good Beer guide in order , but as they are paperback type books tempted to stack upwards to see if it creates any room on the shelves.
Mick

Beechnut Wed 04-Mar-20 06:21:25

Good Morning everyone. It’s dark and dry and I’m awake earlier than usual.

I have a little bit of work to do this morning and then the day is free and I’m not sure what mischief to get up to.

Safe travels Urmston and hope you all have the best day possible ?

Bellasnana Wed 04-Mar-20 06:25:55

Good morning Mick, Beechnut, and all who follow.

The weather in Malta today looks dull so far. We really do need some rain as it has been the driest February on record.

I’ve got a few things to do today but am feeling very anxious. I take tablets for anxiety but they don’t seem to be working as I am a bag of nerves. It’s a horrible feeling but I must try to get a grip.

Hope everyone has a good day. Good luck sorting your bookshelves, Mick. sunshine

BlueBelle Wed 04-Mar-20 06:31:00

Good morning everything looks as if it could be a better day looks a lovely sunrise but wasn’t awake early enough to catch a photo
It’s my birthday today and my daughter has told me to leave work early and change my clothes for 12.30 ....ohh-er
X

Urmstongran Wed 04-Mar-20 06:31:27

Thanks Beechnut. Good morning Mick and everyone from South Manchester where it’s dark but dry. Himself has brought me a cuppa in bed and just asked if I’d like toast? I could be persuaded ...

Slept poorly last night, woke around 2am and couldn’t get back off to sleep for love nor money. I could snooze on the plane but I never do. Oh well, I’m planning a nice long stroll in the Malaga sunshine this afternoon and probably an earlyish night!

Hope Wednesday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

Urmstongran Wed 04-Mar-20 06:34:49

X posts ... Morning to you Bellasnanna sorry to hear you have anxiety. Is it wondering whether to take that USA road trip with your daughter maybe? Hope you feel better soon. You will.

Many happy returns of the day BlueBelle that sounds intriguing! ?

NannyJan53 Wed 04-Mar-20 06:44:42

Good Morning from a grey and cloudy Black Country.

I have an audiology appointment at 11, and whilst I am that way will have a look round the Merry Hill shopping centre. It would be rude not to smile

Then pop over to Mums for a few hours.

Sorry you are feeling anxious Bellasnana flowers

Happy Birthday BlueBellecupcake sounds like you have treat in store this afternoon!

Have a good flight Urmston enjoy your time in one of may favourite cities. We are off to the sun a week today, but just for a week.

Wishing you all a good day, with special thoughts to gilly Marydoll and Drgonfly

Scentia Wed 04-Mar-20 06:45:39

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. It looks like a nice start to Wednesday out there. I love waking to a light morning, roll on spring time.
Happy Birthday Bluebelle how exciting for you , let us know what your surprise is.
Dentist this morning then off to work.
Didn’t get to bath DGS last night as DSiL came home from work early and I don’t like to intrude on them as he normally works away and rarely gets to see his DS at teatime and bedtime. My DD said he thinks I don’t like him as I walked out when he walked in, I did say hello??
Hope everyone has the best day possible, a little envious Urmstongran as I am so ready for a bit if sunshine.

ninathenana Wed 04-Mar-20 06:50:15

Good morning from Kent.
It's dry with patches of blue sky starting to show.
Quiet day for us, just pottering in doors. We have a very quiet week this week. Next week I'm busy every day. Why does it happen like that.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Wed 04-Mar-20 06:53:08

Happy Birthday Bluebelle
???

Curlywhirly Wed 04-Mar-20 06:55:06

Good morning from a dry (at last) Cheshire. Well Bellasnana Malta needs some rain? It can have ours; it's been the wettest February here since records began?. Sorry you are feeling anxious, hope you manage to conquer it. I have had anxiety a few times. I just have to convince myself that it won't last forever; keeping my mind occupied and chatting to friends always helps me.
Off to my volunteering in the shop this morning; last week was very quiet, think the rain stopped people from shopping. Hopefully it will be busier today.
Have a good day everyone, take care.

BlueBelle Wed 04-Mar-20 06:56:01

Thank you so much for your good wishes they mean a lot xx

Curlywhirly Wed 04-Mar-20 06:59:17

Happy Birthday Blubelle wonder what your surprise is?!!! Have a great day thanks

Grammaretto Wed 04-Mar-20 07:03:51

Good morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders. Looking good outside.

Dentist for me and my craft group.

I'm taking MiL's favourite chair to be restored by an expert as a birthday present for her. I wanted to tackle it myself but it needs a professional.

Happy Birthday BlueBelle
Enjoy your day everyone.

Sar53 Wed 04-Mar-20 07:04:50

Good morning everyone from a dry Essex by the sea.
I'm off to the hospital this morning for my volunteering stint then nothing planned for the rest of the day.
Happy Birthday Bluebelle, enjoy your day.
Have a very pleasant day.

harrigran Wed 04-Mar-20 07:08:40

Good morning from a frosty NE.
Waited in all day yesterday and the dishwasher was delivered at 5pm.
Think I will do some shopping today.
Happy Birthday Bluebelle.
Thinking of the gillybobs and others on the sick list.

BlueSapphire Wed 04-Mar-20 07:09:04

Good morning everyone from a frosty Northampton.
I've just put the charity sacks out, having had a sort out yesterday - two bags of clothes and a box of CDs. I am slowly getting rid of late DH's clothes. I feel I just can't throw them all out at once, so they have been going in dribs and drabs since he died two years ago. Still got some left in the wardrobe.
Nothing planned for the day, so shall stay in and read.
I'm supposed to be going to the Albert Hall for a concert on Saturday and am worrying myself sick about whether to go or not as the news is full of the virus and social isolation.
Happy birthday ? *Bluebelle".
Have a good day everyone.

Sark Wed 04-Mar-20 07:12:32

Good Morning from a bright Oxfordshire
Happy Birthday Bluebelle have a lovely day
Bellasnana flowers
Have a great time Urmstongran..I am very jealous!!
Have a good day everyone

Brunette10 Wed 04-Mar-20 07:14:08

Good Morning from a dry and bright Fife. It's very cold though. Happy Birthday BlueBelle, hope you have a great day. Bellasnana - feel for you, it's not a nice feeling, hope your day turns better for you. A lot of early risers today wink. DD and DGS's coming along today. DGS1 is feeling a bit better and they all need to get out the house for a while. Hope today is good for everyone. - Keep your chin up.

Gingster Wed 04-Mar-20 07:20:12

A nice dry morning and light sky in Essex. Happy birthday Bluebell - have a fun packed day ?. Poor you Bellasnana, I know it is such a horrid feeling , being anxious all the time. Try relaxation and breathing techniques. Meditation also very good. Lots on you tube. It will pass. I’m going to an old pals for a coffee and sandwich today . It’s so good to catch-up with friends who know you inside out. Good and bad ??

NanKate Wed 04-Mar-20 07:25:31

Morning Mick and All.

Having my last quiet early morning tea in bed as we are off to look after the DGSs whilst their dad is away. It will be noisy, chaotic, tiring and fun along the way. I wonder what they will persuade us to do or let them do that their dad doesn’t allow ?

HBTY Bluebelle ?

I know that feeling Bellasnana perhaps a trip to the Doctors will help.

Hope you can sort your books today Mick.

brook2704 Wed 04-Mar-20 07:27:58

Good morning everyone from a cold and crisp Inverness
DH is out all day today so I plan to spend the morning at home just pottering and catching up with jobs, then out to town later for a browse around the shops
Happy Birthday Bluebelle enjoy your day and your birthday surprise !
Hope everyone with worries and struggles has the best day they can
Take care everyone

GrannyGravy13 Wed 04-Mar-20 07:31:25

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Grey sky here in SE Essex, GS woke up at 5.30am and couldn't get back to sleep, which is very unusual for him. I had been awake since about 3am so at the moment I am utterly exhausted. His baby brother is being dropped off anytime now as DD has a funeral and I would rather look after Baby then attend what is going to be an awfully sad funeral (he died in a car crash leaving wife and 3 young children).

I think when GS goes to school I might come back to bed with baby!!!

Happy Birthday Bluebelle ??

Thinking of all,our poorly friends flowers

GrannyGravy13 Wed 04-Mar-20 07:31:51

Safe journey Urmstongran x

Lins1066 Wed 04-Mar-20 07:49:11

Good Morning Mick and all.
Little sleep again last night, I have conjunctivitis, difficult to read the posts. Hope all with hospital visits get on alright.
Bella ? be kind to your self, it's not easy to 'get a grip ' as you say.
Enjoy your birthday * Bluebelle* ??