Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(98 Posts)
12Michael Wed 04-Mar-20 06:11:37

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a twilight start but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Quite day for me , maybe rearrange my bookshelf again, I have a few editions of the yearly Good Beer guide in order , but as they are paperback type books tempted to stack upwards to see if it creates any room on the shelves.
Mick

Nortsat46 Wed 04-Mar-20 09:34:22

Good morning Mick and the GM team ... from grey east London.
Happy Birthday Bluebelle, your day sounds like it’s going to be fun.?
Bellasnanna sending you good thoughts. ?

Our poor ex-stray cat, has been to the vet, following a fight and a nasty chest wound. He’s a nervous, gentle cat and I was really concerned about how he would cope at the vet’s surgery but he managed very well. He is now wearing an Elizabethan collar and is really disoriented by it, but has only to endure it for 2 more days. (Hang in there Ollie?).

Good wishes to all those in the sick bay today, including Marydoll, Mr Gillybob and Dragonfly

Roses Wed 04-Mar-20 09:35:19

Good morning everyone,just want to say Happy Birthday Blubelle.
Have a lovely time Urmston

Thinking of you Gillybobs

Bellasnana Wed 04-Mar-20 09:45:24

Happy birthday Bluebelle hope you enjoy yourself.

Just want to thank you all for your kind comments which have helped me to realise I’m not alone. You are such a lovely bunch of people. Gilly, with all you’ve got on your plate you still find time to think of others. Yes, I’ve a lot playing on my mind at the moment and I overthink everything which doesn’t help.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.❤️

Mapleleaf Wed 04-Mar-20 09:48:06

Oops! Sorry, BlueSapphire. ?
I'll try again - Happy birthday Bluebelle ?

Megs36 Wed 04-Mar-20 10:07:10

Billybob, your husband will be ‘relieved’ without the catheter, I know mine was, although as you say means lots of loo trips, and will the stone be removed now?.BTW how is your own problem ? tooth, I think you were waiting for treatment. Good luck.

EllanVannin Wed 04-Mar-20 10:16:04

Good Morning All x

I couldn't have posted yesterday even if I'd wanted to as I had an early morning phone-call---hate them !
My D in floods of tears told me that the father of my GGC had died. Early 30's he was and had been diagnosed with Hodgkinsons Lymphoma just over 2 years ago.

After spending nearly all of 2018 in hospital then a stem-cell transplant at the beginning of 2019 he went home to live with his father in case he picked up any germs from the children, so spent most of his time there where the children would visit him.

Anyway he got a chest infection a few weeks ago and was hospitalised, which then turned to pneumonia, then sepsis and sadly lost his fight on Monday night, after having fought both illnesses in the past.
He leaves 7 children aged from 13 to 4. My D had to break the news to the teen twins and a 10 year old who are staying with her.

They were to have called yesterday but I'm glad in a way that they didn't because I'd have been no help, so I'll phone up after to see how they are. Sad times ahead.

The last time I saw him was in December and I've got to say that he looked unwell then which worried me and so thin.

Sorry to be the bearer of such sad news in view of everyone else's illnesses and problems but it's not something you can keep to yourself. Take care everyone and safe journey Urmstongran xx

EllanVannin Wed 04-Mar-20 10:17:38

Bellasnana I can relate to how you're feeling right now.x

Kalu Wed 04-Mar-20 10:19:45

Good morning from a lovely sunny Glasgow. Hoping I can get a few things done in the garden , lavender to chop and a bit of spray painting.

Sorry you are feeling anxious Bellasnana, hope you feel better soon. You have many friends on here to support you as we all do for each other?

Happy Birthday BlueBell?. An exciting day ahead for you to enjoy.

Happy travels to lots of sunshine Urmston

Hoping further tests for your DH are good news gilly ?

Have a good day everyone.

Marydoll Wed 04-Mar-20 10:23:11

EllanVannin, what terrible news for you to hear. My heart goes out to you, your poor daughter and her children.
You have always been supportive of me and I'm reciprocating, especially as you don't keep well yourself.

There will be many here, who will offer support, so do not feel embarrassed about coming on here to tell us.

Virtual hugs aplenty for you. ?

Beechnut Wed 04-Mar-20 10:27:19

Happy Birthday Blue Belle enjoy your surprise, only a couple of hours to go ?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 04-Mar-20 10:28:27

So sad Ellanvannin those poor children will be heartbroken. Take care of yourself, as we know you do so much for your family flowers

Grandmafrench Wed 04-Mar-20 10:29:20

So very sad for you and your family, EllanVannin. Heartbreak often just creeps up on us and we’re forced to lose those we love....but keep going. May he RIP now and his poor children have lots of extra love and support. Whatever happens, Carpe Diem - all of us. We should try hard not to waste a moment on anger or regret. flowers

EllanVannin Wed 04-Mar-20 10:31:57

Thankyou so much Marydoll, so kind of you x. I'm not looking forward to the time ahead and will have to brace myself.

My GD, mother of the children was nearly breaking down in 2018 when her partner took ill and between my D and myself we were helping out when she hospital-visited and he'd cheated death then when his dad and my GD had stayed the night at the hospital.

This last couple of years have been horrendous.

EllanVannin Wed 04-Mar-20 10:32:55

Thankyou for your kindness xx

janzicb1 Wed 04-Mar-20 10:35:41

Happy birthday to you and many more of them xx

vena11 Wed 04-Mar-20 10:39:53

EllanVannin flowers

Brunette10 Wed 04-Mar-20 10:42:17

EllanVannin - how sad, so sorry for your loss and the hard times you all have ahead. It's never easy but more so when death comes at an early age. Thinking of you flowers

Susan56 Wed 04-Mar-20 10:44:20

EllanVannin,I am so sorry to hear your sad news.My heart goes out to you and your family.Sending love,thoughts and prayers to you all?

Beechnut Wed 04-Mar-20 10:46:02

I hope you feel a little better for sharing your sad news with us EllenVannin ?

oliversnana Wed 04-Mar-20 10:46:34

Good morning all bright but chilly here in mountsorrel.
Thank you all for your congratulations on new gs i got to have my fiest cuddles yesterday. They are home.
More baby sitting for me today while daughter does some work at a racing stud.

Happy birthday Bluebelle.

Best wishes for all feeling ill or low and all ailments and anxieties are soon over.

annsixty Wed 04-Mar-20 10:47:02

Dearest Ellan my heart goes out to all your family.
What a dreadful time for you all.
Such sadness around everywhere.
I find the older I get the deeper I feel things, even for people I don't know.
I know you have been helping a lot, it looks as if your role will become more important.
Look after yourself while looking after others, please.

conor Wed 04-Mar-20 10:48:04

flowersEllanvannin xxx

oliversnana Wed 04-Mar-20 10:57:25

EllenVanning condolences to your family

Harris27 Wed 04-Mar-20 11:01:40

Good morning all. Happy birthday bluebelle. Have rare day off work with hospital appointment Just returned all good news. So off with sister to cinema this afternoon rare treat it will be like playing truant from school! Have a good day all.

brook2704 Wed 04-Mar-20 11:05:42

EllenVannin So sorry to hear such sad news, condolences to all your family ?