Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(119 Posts)
12Michael Sun 15-Mar-20 06:29:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but with a grey sky and dry ground here in Brackley.
Yesterday, functioned as normal despite seeing numerous products no longer on the supermarket shelves.
But I carried on as normal , met and spoke to others I knew .
Today , no cycling on TV only repeats of past races.
Mick

Susan56 Sun 15-Mar-20 08:30:14

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.A cold start but not sure if it’s the weather or the fact the boiler is still broken?.
We are continuing with decorating preparation today,nothing else planned.
So sorry your daughters wedding plans are being disrupted Mary.
So many plans and family trips being cancelled.Thinking of all with illness,worries and disappointments?
Stay safe everyone?

dragonfly46 Sun 15-Mar-20 08:37:20

Good morning from a very wet Leicestershire.

We have no plans today as we had a Sainsbury delivery yesterday.

I am not sure what will happen if we have to isolate for 4 months as I am in the middle of cancer treatment. For the first time I am wondering if we will survive this.

It must be scarey for you Urmston. I don’t mind self isolating but the thought of being confined scares me.

Pantglas2 Sun 15-Mar-20 08:39:05

Morning all from a now dry and calm north Wales after a windy night. I’ve been up and about for an hour and am about to please DH.......with a bacon butty wink!

Sad to read of so many big plans going awry (I don’t count my little sojourn to mi casa, that can wait) and disappointments aplenty.

Did a big shop yesterday on the basis that I won’t do another for weeks and I can keep DH away from the lurgy - stay safe everyone, a peaceful Sunday to all x

EllanVannin Sun 15-Mar-20 08:41:08

Good Morning All x
Cloudy, relatively calm but it looks like rain.
The news doesn't get any better does it ?
Do we think that the media are " over-egging " things a bit ? During winter months every year, thousands die from colds, 'flu and hypothermia but we never get news of on-going deaths, just the total tucked into a small space in the newspaper at a later date.

Why don't the media do their reporting during the winter to highlight those who are at risk ?? I'm sure many deaths could then be avoided if the public are notified of this plight. More should be done to help these people during cold weather.

I didn't see the children yesterday, Ginny, my GS took them out, but never mind, they're making the most of getting out and about before it comes necessary to halt visiting museums etc. They love and look up to their uncle, aww.

A small chicken to roast today, with all the trimmings of course---even a little Christmas pud with rum sauce ( homemade ) should keep the bugs at bay !

Thinking of Urmstongran being stranded ? Stay well and safe x Marydoll, Dragonfly and the Gillybobs, you too.xx
Also our other grans who are out and about although you know what you're doing and are cautious. Enjoy the day.

Lins1066 Sun 15-Mar-20 08:56:13

Good Morning Mick and all from a wet S Welsh coast, the forecast is for a dry afternoon so will go for a walk later.
We had a lovely birthday buffet yesterday and it was lovely to see the family. I won't be cooking today either, we're having a Sainsbury's curry, a rare weekend off.
Sending best wishes to * Marydoll* and her DD, we all feel for you. Thinking of you too Urmston.
Hope everyone will have a good day.

EllanVannin Sun 15-Mar-20 08:58:29

Aww, Urmstongran, it's bad enough being restricted on home-ground but in " foreign parts " it's a different kettle of fish. Just stay bug-free and safe and try not worry too much-----easier said than done. x

Poor Marydoll and the wedding planning, what a terrible blow after weeks of preparation too to say nothing of the excitement. I'm sure you'll all come together with something, knowing how you operate. x

Oooh Pantglas, the thought of your bacon butty, my tum's growling like an old drain but it'll have to do with a couple of thickly buttered crumpets and a cup of drinking choc. 'till elevenses !

Anniebach Sun 15-Mar-20 08:59:42

Good morning Auntyflo and x

EllanVannin Sun 15-Mar-20 09:00:22

4 months prison ladies, in 2 weeks time, says Matt Hancock.

BlueSapphire Sun 15-Mar-20 09:02:33

Good morning everyone from a very grey Northampton. I am sitting with my cup of tea and one of the cats on my lap - she is trying to stroke my face with her paws!

Managed to get out into the garden for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon and tidy up some more unruly shrubs; I also got the tree saw out and cut some big overhanging branches off my pear tree. Need to get out again one day and cut the branches up.

No plans for today other than read the papers, do the puzzle pages, finish my book club book. Though I have a feeling our next meeting will not go ahead. I am also going to ring round my wine club ladies and call off the evening I am hosting on Wednesday. We are mostly in our 60s/70s and two members have serious heart conditions and husbands with poor immune systems. I am now cutting back on any non-essential outings.

Hoping that those with worries and problems soon get them sorted.

grannysyb Sun 15-Mar-20 09:02:56

Grey here today, having DHs DD and family to lunch aong with my DS. Prepped the veg yesterday, just need to make yorkshires and finish the pud. Just taken our temperatures, both normal. Have a good day everyone.

BlueSapphire Sun 15-Mar-20 09:03:56

Pantglas, I am planning on having a bacon butty very soon!

Sark Sun 15-Mar-20 09:03:58

Hello from a blustery Oxfordshire
Urmstongran thinking of you...I think I would be a bit emotional too.
Will go for a walk, cook a roast later and for some reason I have a real urge to cook cakes!
Hope everyone can keep their chins up best you canwinecupcakeflowers

mancgirl Sun 15-Mar-20 09:08:11

Good morning from North Costa Blanca. Urmston we are in the same position. Bit nervous if I'm honest, when things go wrong I want to be at home. Flight next Tuesday (wish it was this) is going ahead according to Mr O'leary's flight schedule. Not heard a peep from them. Information bit confusing, is it lock down from midnight last night or 8am tomorrow as on some other sites? Typical Spanish, can't go for a coffee with friends but you can go out for fags and to the hairdressers! Have enough food and lovely home, so fortunate not confined to a hotel room. Mr Manc about to go for a run up the mountain, might go for a last walk on the beach before tomorrow. We live in a quiet area, not crowded so fingers crossed. I know things are not good anywhere so all take care and keep safe. Virtual hugs to those who need one. ((( ))))

conor Sun 15-Mar-20 09:08:22

Good morning from a grey Essex. Watched a lot of news yesterday and all very worrying! Trying to find things to do at home now. Sorted some things in the spare room but think I will need to pace myself if we are in for the long haul. Had a video call from DGC yesterday. No substitute for cuddles but they know I love them.
Thinking ofUrmstongran and Marydoll So many plans on hold for how long? Xxx

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 15-Mar-20 09:10:56

Morning all from a wet and grey South Notts. Hope all is well and sympathies to those with illness and worries.
Expect to go shopping later and just wonder what sort of items will be on the shelves. Then hope to settle down with the newspaper and the supplements.

kittylester Sun 15-Mar-20 09:16:34

Morning all from a soggy North Leicestershire.

DH and I have been sitting in bed planning all the jobs that need doing over the 4 months if we are forced to stay in. We should have the tidiest loft and garage imaginable! On the other hand the lounge has next to no furniture in it as that is due in about 3 weeks and we haven't even ordered the carpet.

Sending good vibes to everyone.

Auntieflo Sun 15-Mar-20 09:19:02

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all.
It is not very nice outside. Looking all grey, windy, and probably cold too.
We are going to Church this morning, but I am wondering how long they will be able to keep up the services. A few of our friends, some older than us, have decided not to join us for the foreseeable future. But at least we have email to keep in touch.
A few of the clubs that meet in the Church building, have put out notices that they are no longer functioning.
We had a lovely Face Time with our GGS yesterday afternoon, c/o our DD and SIL, who have been baby sitting this weekend. He is a delight, and to keep in touch this way is a blessing. I just wish we could have done it with my parents.
Marydoll, shame about the wedding flowers, but knowing you and your resourceful spirit, it will be beautiful. Our GD also had a Scrabble themed wedding. I had not seen it before.
Hope you coddle yourself today, and dose your bad chest.
Urmston, I think this is the first time I have ever heard you sound a bit down. Enjoy the sun, and ? that you keep well.
Thinking of Dragonfly, Gillybob, EllanVannin, and all who are in need of a bit of TLC.
Have a good day one and all. Keep safe and warm.

cornergran Sun 15-Mar-20 09:19:23

Morning Mick, morning All. Raining quite hard in our corner of Somerset. Gloomy news this morning that’s for sure. Just a pottering day for us today. Can understand your anxiety urmstrong, not what you expected, hope you get back OK mancgirl. So sorry marydoll. You’re right, being able to get married is the important thing but you must all be so disappointed especially your daughter. Hope that cough settles soon. Worries for you too dragonfly and I’m sure gilly. So much is unknown. Hope Sunday is kind to us all, it’s a worrying, unsettling time.

NfkDumpling Sun 15-Mar-20 09:20:45

Morning All

Well, it’s quite a nice morning here in the north of Norfolk. Sunshine with clouds, some dark, breezing over.

Yesterday Norfolk lost it’s title of Corona virus free county with three cases in Kings Lynn and one in Norwich - although the Norwich one was already in isolation.

Don’t tell my offspring but I have a couple of friends calling in for coffee this morning - but we’ll sit in the conservatory more than six feet apart.

I’m pleased to hear that Marydoll is staying in - hopefully that cough is just that - a cough.

Gilly and Dragonfly - I hope you’re both staying put too!

grandMattie Sun 15-Mar-20 09:26:51

Morning all. Grey and drizzle in EKent. (Nearly wrote grizzly).
Feeling v. Angry at the idea of being imprisoned for 17 weeks for no better reason than we are over 70. I appreciate it is for our and other’s benefit, but....
Going to church in a mo. Wonder if these are to close, at a time when many, many people may find solace in them
Rant over.
Hope all those with problems and disappointments manage to overcome them. Smiles and hugs from me

Houndi Sun 15-Mar-20 09:29:33

Well not much to say good morning about.My cousins cancelled their trip from Canada
My sister in law who was coming over from Australia to see elderly parents cancelled
Holiday to Dubai cancelled.And most important have a elderly Aunt with COPD making 2 half hour trips to see her daily she lives on her own
I suffer from asthma but can't just leave her

Mapleleaf Sun 15-Mar-20 09:29:50

Morning all,
Just enjoying a quiet cup of tea. No plans for today, will likely stay put.
Had a restless night, waking at 4 am. Why does everything seem so much worse in the dark? I think I dozed a bit since then, but gave up at 9 and came down.
Anxious for DH, too, who works away through the week.
Thinking of you urmstongran and you, too, mancgirl.?
You are quite right, marydoll the party can be held at a later date, but nevertheless, it's all so disappointing after all the planning and preparations. ?
We were supposed to be going to a family wedding in Germany in May, but that's looking less likely by the minute. Everything is booked, but I don't see us getting there.
Hope you all have the best day you can and take care.

vena11 Sun 15-Mar-20 09:29:59

Good morning raining here just adding to the gloom.
Marydoll its such a shame and I am feeling for you. urmston macgirl I hope you both are ok and manage to get home.
Dragonfly thinking of you and everyone else with worries it is going to really affect all our daily lives .
Everyone keep safe.

harrigran Sun 15-Mar-20 09:34:38

Good morning from a bright NE.
No plans for today. Maybe I should check cupboards and see if we need to buy some tins.
I have just suggested DH buys some long life milk then at least we can cups of tea.
I ordered a selection of books online so that we have reading matter but there is no sign of them arriving after a week.
My SIL made it back home to Brussels so at least DD is not on her own. She was going to travel to Germany for her uncle's 80th birthday in two weeks but she has cancelled.
Staying home does not worry me, I have been doing it for the last four years so no holiday cancellations here.
Stay safe everyone.

Anne9054 Sun 15-Mar-20 09:39:41

Good morning all from a grey and blustery Norfolk. Off to Chapel shortly followed by a lazy afternoon knitting after lunch.

Hope all stay safe. It’s a worry but I believe the media (as usual)
Is scaremongering. Time to shut them down perhaps?