Gransnet forums

Chat

Welcome to Gransnet

(232 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 16-Mar-20 13:53:45

We just wanted to wish a warm welcome to all new members of Gransnet. flowers

In these difficult times, whether you are self-isolating or just looking for friendly chat as a distraction from the constant bad news, having an online community available at all hours of the day and night has never been more important. Gransnet users are always ready to offer support, conversation and (virtual) company.

So please pour yourself a cuppa (or a wine) and use this thread to introduce yourself. brew And if you get stuck we have a page on getting started, which you can find here.

Also, if you're looking for an easy first thread to post on, look out for the regular Good Morning thread where users greet each other every morning.

Charleygirl5 Tue 04-Aug-20 09:12:07

Welcome- another comforting thread is soop's kitchen where you will be welcomed and nobody will be rude to you as can happen on the political threads! You will slowly get to know people and maybe if life ever returns to normal meet ups will occur again.

Didsbury Sun 16-Aug-20 20:56:35

Hello I have just joined
I am not a grandparent. Does that matter
But I am over 60
Very isolated

Charleygirl5 Sun 16-Aug-20 22:15:27

Didsbury welcome and neither am I am it does not matter a jot. Do you feel isolated personally or do you live in an isolated place?

Two friendly threads are the Good Morning one and the other is soop's kitchen. You will be welcomed personally on each.

Jaxjacky Mon 17-Aug-20 09:14:07

Good morning, I’ve been on here actively for about a month. I live in Hampshire, married, two children and two grandchildren.

Charleygirl5 Mon 17-Aug-20 10:40:25

Welcome Jaxjacky- I thought I had seen your name previously. You are obviously finding your way around.

Jaxjacky Mon 17-Aug-20 11:04:38

Charleygirl5 thank you, yes, pretty active tech user!

Mamamayo Sat 22-Aug-20 15:07:28

Good morning from stormy northwest Florida! I will become a first time grandmother next month and grateful to have found this site.

Charleygirl5 Sat 22-Aug-20 16:00:32

Mamamayo you are very welcome here. What is the time difference, please? I do not have a clue.

If you want two very kind and welcoming threads, try Good morning and soop's kitchen. Otherwise, just amble around and you may find something you like.

Mamamayo Sat 22-Aug-20 18:24:31

Thank you Charleygirl5. I’m not sure of the time difference but so glad I found this site!

Mamamayo Sun 23-Aug-20 22:25:04

Hello everybody! I live in the US but loved this site. Thank you for accepting me

Madmother21 Tue 25-Aug-20 16:08:19

Thank you, I’m finding it all very interesting.

Charleygirl5 Tue 25-Aug-20 18:32:51

Welcome Madmother21.

MrsJeeves Wed 02-Sep-20 15:35:57

Hello! I've been lurking for a while but thought it was about time to introduce myself and join in properly. Looking forward to joining in the conversations.

Jen777 Sun 06-Sep-20 10:40:29

Hello! I'm Jen and have just joined today. I'm a widow living in Worcestershire. Only saw a reference to Gransnet by chance this morning so I'm here by virtue of a happy accident. I have four children, six grandchildren, the youngest of whom (two 11-year old) have just started senior school this week. I am semi-retired from a high level corporate job and am missing both the social and creative aspects of work in addition to the 'brainwork'. Very keen on craft, gardening, walking, culture etc and desperate to talk and support smile. Good to be 'here'

HattiesNanny Sun 13-Sep-20 21:35:04

Hello Nannies and Grannies worldwide! I have just joined Gransnet. I am a first time Nanny to my beautiful Harriet who lives in Lancashire. I live in the North (Yorkshire) of England. I don't know many people up here, hence joining this group. So again, Hello sunshine

Charleygirl5 Sun 13-Sep-20 21:44:45

Welcome MrsJeeves Jen777 and HattieNanny as I mentioned earlier there are two threads which are really welcoming- Good Morning and soops's kitchen. You need to have rather a thick skin to go near the political posts but please enjoy- there is usually something for everybody and you can always start your own thread?

Panda25 Wed 16-Sep-20 20:51:35

Just joined as I'm a new granny. First grandchild born this year on the 25 August. She's called Scarlett. Hope to see her for the first time this weekend

Jannabell Sat 26-Sep-20 13:17:36

Hi everyone - I have just joined so finding my feet! I have 3 teenage granddaughters, one was estranged until recently so getting to know her via WhatsApp!! I don't feel my age but probably look it ha ha!

LauraNorder Sat 26-Sep-20 15:17:56

Hello and welcome to all new Grans-netters. I've been around this site for a few years now and thoroughly enjoy hearing other points of view, good advice, occasional cut and thrust , laughter and fun, but most often the loving, caring, sharing sympathy and support for those in need.

It takes a while for others to become aware of you so keep on posting until we get to know and recognise you. I was just becoming known and feeling included when I changed my name so have more or less had to start again (although I received a very warm welcome on the good morning thread today) so my advice to you would be to stick with your chosen name, keep posting, give it time and enjoy Gransnet.

LadyHonoriaDedlock Sat 03-Oct-20 14:03:40

Hi everybody, from a dark and dreich Glasgow. Somebody called Lara from Gransnet has been sending me emails for a week or so and I think she may have been trying to tell me something, so I popped in to have a look around.

I'm 66 and, whisper it not but I'm not a grannie – am I still allowed in? I have a daughter but she's never shown any sign of maternal instinct, and I am thrice a great aunt although I like to play that one down.

Stephenmarra Sat 03-Oct-20 14:44:28

Hi, I've made one or two posts over the last couple of weeks. First time I've seen this thread.
I'm divorced with no kids, so not a grandad, hmm 60 next year and live in North Cumbria.
I do have 2 niece's and 2 great niece's & 2 great nephew's so I've had all the fun playing with and spoiling them and handing them back when tired. smile

Charleygirl5 Sat 03-Oct-20 16:33:34

Welcome LHD sorry I had to shorten it. Welcome also Stephenmarra. There are usually some interesting threads for most people.

Marydoll Sat 03-Oct-20 16:47:24

Welcome, LHD, from another Glaswegian!
There a few of us on here! However going by our names, we are quite polar opposites methinks! ?

Marydoll Sat 03-Oct-20 16:48:09

..and Stephenmarra.

Stephenmarra Sat 03-Oct-20 23:43:43

Thanks for the welcome charleygirl5 & Marydoll.