Gransnet forums

Chat

Welcome to Gransnet

(232 Posts)
NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 16-Mar-20 13:53:45

We just wanted to wish a warm welcome to all new members of Gransnet. flowers

In these difficult times, whether you are self-isolating or just looking for friendly chat as a distraction from the constant bad news, having an online community available at all hours of the day and night has never been more important. Gransnet users are always ready to offer support, conversation and (virtual) company.

So please pour yourself a cuppa (or a wine) and use this thread to introduce yourself. brew And if you get stuck we have a page on getting started, which you can find here.

Also, if you're looking for an easy first thread to post on, look out for the regular Good Morning thread where users greet each other every morning.

Oliver68 Sun 04-Oct-20 09:06:00

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lemongrove Sun 04-Oct-20 09:44:35

Only if Victor Meldrew is a warm and welcoming type Oliver....you must have read these posts as very pleasant and welcoming ones so your above post makes little sense.

Flapperlady Sun 22-Nov-20 20:50:06

Hi everyone. I'm new here.

Charleygirl5 Sun 22-Nov-20 20:59:29

Welcome. There are two threads which are very easy going and people will welcome you. One is soop's kitchen and soon you will get to "know" people.

Mumble62 Sun 29-Nov-20 13:18:43

Hi new here to, 6 grand children, love music, movies, chatting and Justin Fletcher obsessed lol (dont get me started on him.. I wont stop lol) anyway great to be here x

Charleygirl5 Sun 29-Nov-20 13:21:02

Welcome aboard- which are do you live in?

cathymum Sun 29-Nov-20 17:04:39

Hi everyone I have been lurking around the site for a while, looking forward to joining in with some conversations, I am semi retired and a nana to 3 with another on the way and like a lot of others finding it difficult at times to adapt to these strange times. Thank you for being there.

Charleygirl5 Sun 29-Nov-20 20:49:09

Welcome also cathymum- maybe I can get it correct this time- which area do you live? In better times we get together and have coffee mornings or lunch out. I live in London and go to two different groups and I have met some really nice people. Different groups meet up all over the country.

pinkprincess Sun 29-Nov-20 22:18:16

Welcome to all new members.
I have an adult granddaughter living with me, she has problems so it is not plain sailing but is company for me especially just now. I have four other grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
I hope you enjoy Gransnet and come back often.

cathymum Mon 30-Nov-20 13:45:31

Hi thanks for the welcome! I live in Cumbria, although originally a Scouser. A meet up with other Gransnetters would be lovely when we are allowed.

Charleygirl5 Mon 30-Nov-20 15:20:54

cathymum two very pleasant sites where you will "meet" some really nice people are soop's kitchen and Good Morning. On the last thread everybody states where they live so you will get an idea of who lives in Cumbria. Enjoy.

EvieJ Fri 01-Jan-21 12:59:04

Thank you.
Joined few days ago, so just finding my way round the site and reading lovely comments

Eve
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL smile

EkwaNimitee Wed 06-Jan-21 09:28:22

Hello everybody....I'm a newbie living on the Cumbrian coast. Even self-sufficient me is beginning to feel a bit isolated up here with the family far away and unable to visit them or go on holiday...I'm a madly keen traveller. Time to get a bit more sociable!

Aldom Thu 07-Jan-21 14:12:44

Hello, Happy New year and welcome to the two new people. Ekwanimitee do you have snow in your part of Cumbria. A friend who lives in a rural area near Carlisle sent me a photo of her snowy garden this morning.

EkwaNimitee Thu 07-Jan-21 16:44:52

No, Aldom, just really hard frosts. We rarely get snow on the coast nor does it last long if we do. I am hoping to drive out to look at snowy mountains-if that’s OK at the moment.
I like snow but it gets more and more unusual as the years pass. When I came up here in 1973 there seemed to be snow on the tops from November to May, now not so.

Sara1954 Thu 07-Jan-21 16:54:39

Hello everyone, I rejoined a couple of weeks ago, having left about a year ago.
It was partly a change in circumstances, and I knew my time would be limited, but I had also started to get tired of some of the nastiness Anyway, recently lurking to see what’s going on, I decided gransnet is more good than bad, so I’m back.

Aldom Thu 07-Jan-21 19:01:18

Hello Sara1954 I noticed your name on a thread I read earlier today. flowers

olddudders Mon 18-Jan-21 20:50:35

I joined yesterday. I had heard good things from my wife, who is also a member. We live in different countries, not through any lack of affection, though, but haven't been able to be together since early October. Until Covid we would seldom be apart for more than 3 or 4 weeks, in one country or the other. In our 70s, and finding life is slipping past, places like this where we can at least have virtual relationships with others are good.

Charleygirl5 Mon 18-Jan-21 21:04:40

Welcome- very difficult if you are living in different countries at present.

Savvy Thu 18-Mar-21 02:35:55

I'm new here too.

I lost my best friend and carer to cancer almost two years ago and my phones rung about half a dozen times since. I live alone with my two pet degus. I'm more than willing to tell you about them if you've never heard of degus before, not many people have. I have no family apart from the pets.

Looking forward to finding out that there are still people in the world.

Grandmajean Thu 18-Mar-21 16:14:11

New here last week but have dipped in and out for a year or two before taking the plunge. I think we ( well , me ) are inclined to think "Why would anyone want to know what I have to say ?" Some great threads and the "Good Morning" one is always friendly.

Blossoming Thu 18-Mar-21 16:42:02

Hello Savvy sorry for your loss of your friend. I’m sure you’ll be welcome here and to echo Grandmajean the ‘Good Morning’ thread is a good place to start. My grandnephew has a pet Degu, who comes to stay with Mr.B and I when the family go away on holiday. Charming little creature ?

Sundaze Sun 28-Mar-21 19:31:50

Hello! I joined recently, and have made a couple of posts but thought I ought to introduce myself.

I'm in my early 60's with 5.5 grandchildren - the 0.5 is due later this year.
I'm retired, actually gave up 10 years ago on Wednesday.
I live in the South West, between Bath and Bristol.
Oh dear, reading back, there are a lot of 'I and I'm' in the above....blush I'm usually quite reserved in a crowd!

AussieNanna Sun 02-May-21 05:03:42

Hi! New here. Looks a busy forum.
I am in Australia (user name is bit of a clue)
I have 2 grandchildren aged 4 years and 16 months and another one (different parents) due in September
My husband has 3 older grandchildren too
Looking forward to joining in here.

nanna8 Sun 02-May-21 08:20:43

Welcome Reggie and hope you get some good advice and comments .We can’t force ourselves to like someone, can we?