Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(104 Posts)
12Michael Tue 17-Mar-20 06:10:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley this morning , some blue sky as well.
My usual day some housework, then get buses to Buckingham,and Bicester.
I am hoping to find what I want on the shelves is in stock even if its just to get one item.
Mick

Susan56 Tue 17-Mar-20 07:35:02

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where after a lovely day yesterday it is raining again.
Had a restless night.Our younger daughter and grandson are now both unwell.She has an underlying health condition and normally we would be there to look after them while our son in law is at work.It feels horrible to leave them to it although she is pretty upbeat at the moment.We couldn’t find calpol for B in the supermarket yesterday and a lovely gentleman gave us his address and said if we didn’t manage to find any,he had some we could have.So lovely of him.We did manage to buy some eventually.
DD1 and family calling later so son in law can help us move furniture ready for us to start decorating.With decorating and gardening lots to keep us busy.
Urmston and mancgirl,hope you are managing to stay positive?
Best wishes to Mary,dragonfly,gilly and DH,Annsixty and anyone else waiting to find out if treatments or operations can go ahead?
Stay safe and strong everyone.Thinking of you all.

NanKate Tue 17-Mar-20 07:39:57

Morning Mick and All.

A grey but calm day here in South Bucks.

Going to have a blood test today, then get some cash from Bank as we don’t know when we will be let in there again at our age!

So very sorry about the wedding Mary. Hopefully in time to come you can have a second celebration.

My niece who lives in Italy had a mini drinks party in her garden with her neighbours in their garden, what a good idea.

Susan56 Tue 17-Mar-20 07:40:09

Welcome Grannmarie??
Grannygravy,I hope the antibiotics start to do their job and a walk and being in the fresh air helps you feel better?

Kalu Tue 17-Mar-20 07:40:39

A warm welcome Grannmarie Lovely to have you join us.

Laughterlines Tue 17-Mar-20 07:45:38

Good morning from sunny East Coast. Feel sorry for owners of pubs and restaurants and workers. Hope they don’t all close down while we are locked in. Will finish puzzle today and try to set up puzzle exchange group. Hospital says it’s up to me if I go to eye clinic or not. I ask you. Stay cool everybody. We can do this.

Lins1066 Tue 17-Mar-20 07:47:06

Good Morning Mick and all, cloudy on the S Welsh coast.
Welcome Grannmarie we are a friendly bunch here as you will know if you're a regular reader.
gilly little Evie's room is so lovely, take a bow.
Happy St Patrick's Day to all the Irish Grans.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 17-Mar-20 07:49:11

Good morning from east London, clouds and blue sky outside. Just heard someone (business owner) saying ‘we’re making it up as we go along’ ; sounds like a lot of things at the moment. We went into town last night to see Blithe Spirit, but theatre land was closing down even as we walked down Charing Cross Road. Due to go to the Southend house today; at least we can get the place to the point where everything’s ready to go. Have the best day you can.

conor Tue 17-Mar-20 07:51:54

Good morning from a sunny but very quiet Essex. Not a sound outside as I drink my tea. A routine visit to the doctors today for annual medication review. Actually looking forward to the visit as social contact will be limited from now on. My DD called after work yesterday but stayed in her car with the window open and I stayed on my front step. We did manage a good chat however! No yoga this evening but hope I will find enough to do in the coming weeks. Happy St Patrick's Day to everyone who should be celebrating(including me!!) and try to have the best day you can xxx

kittylester Tue 17-Mar-20 07:53:40

Morning all from a brightish North Leicestershire.

Apparently we have till the weekend before we are confined to barracks so we are going to go shopping for books and garden supplies to keep us occupied.

Stay safe everyone!

flowerlover Tue 17-Mar-20 08:00:10

After I posted on Sunday about anxiously waiting to hear about a new grandchild being born on the other side of the world I meant to give an update yesterday but went out food shopping early as had very little to eat in the house (we were meant to go on holiday on Thursday)
Anyway a little boy was born on Sunday afternoon (out time) and we had Skype video calls to the hospital both then and yesterday and now have just had a photo of him at home "listening" to train stories with his two big brothers and his dad. A chink of light in the gloom.

dragonfly46 Tue 17-Mar-20 08:02:22

Good morning got my cleaners coming today, probably for the last time. I will make them wear gloves!
Nothing else planned.
Hospital visits start tomorrow!
DiL has been lecturing me on how to keep safe!

Kalu Tue 17-Mar-20 08:03:47

Lovely news flowerlover. Congratulations and a loving welcome to your new grandson.

Kalu Tue 17-Mar-20 08:06:16

Where we would be without our younger family members to keep us in check Dragonfly ?. Best wishes for tomorrow.

Calpurnia Tue 17-Mar-20 08:07:35

Good morning to all GN’ers. I am a daily reader though I don’t post very often.

It is starting to become reality now - I simply dread isolation, absolutely essential as it is now.

My husband is terminally ill and sadly ticks all the underlying boxes. I am his sole 24/7 carer and just when we got to the stage where I could do with help from our family we are in isolation.

I love my husband very much and dare not think how I will be not too far in the future but to be isolated will be very difficult for me. After nearly two years of caring with lots of organising and prep I was able to return to seeing a little group of friends now and again. I realise with sadness I won't be able to do this now and I will miss these very brief respite from caring.

We won’t be able to see our darling little grand daughter who comes after school and stays for tea once or twice a week. Seeing her was a great treat and pleasure for us. How will I manage not being able to see her for 12 weeks. Just at a sensitive time when she could spend what time we have left with her much loved Grandpa. This applies to our family too. Just at the time when they should be spending as much time as they can find between busy working lives to be with their father.

A planned family get together for Mother’s Day has of course been cancelled. I am told to stay in - “Who will look after Dad if you fall ill?”

I do a lightning speed trip to shop for food and use the self checkout so I do not need to speak or interact with anyone. It will be difficult to carry on without the family visiting to keep my husband company as he looked forward to their occasional brief visit.

Challenging difficult at times ahead for us all but I have no doubt we will all Carry On.

Keep well and safe - thank heavens for this thread - what a warming comfort it is - especially now in these changing times.

annsixty Tue 17-Mar-20 08:17:06

Good morning all.
Dragonfly it is bad enough going through a cancer diagnosis without the worry and anxiety about treatment, I wish you all the best.
So much worry but hopefully so much positivity
I had a bad night and at 2am was ordering latex gloves from Amazon, clutching at straws I suppose but "every little helps"

Marydoll I feel your D's hurt, upset and disappointment and of course that of all your fzmily.
It is so hard when so much time, effort and planning , not to mention expense has gone into planning the perfect day .
It will still be perfect of course but with necessary absentees.

Have as good a day as you can everyone.

Framilode Tue 17-Mar-20 08:17:16

Good Morning Mick and everyone. I am usually a lurker but this is such a cheering thread. Off to the dog clippers this morning and then DH wants to stock up on whiskey. A quick trip to Aldi for that.

We have only lived in this village 2 years but have already had many offers of help. I think most people are kind when the chips are down.

Self isolation after this morning. Have a good day everyone.

annsixty Tue 17-Mar-20 08:20:39

So sorry for you Calpurnia I have "been there" recently but without the added anguish of isolation flowers

Scentia Tue 17-Mar-20 08:22:58

Oh flowerlover what wonderful news for your family, and thank goodness for Face Time and Skype, it will be a godsend for people over the next few months I don’t doubt.

Grandmafrench Tue 17-Mar-20 08:25:43

Love and light to you, Calpurnia in increasingly difficult times for you and your family. Post when you can, there’s not a single lovely soul on here who won’t feel your sadness. Take care. flowers

mancgirl Tue 17-Mar-20 08:27:33

Good morning from Costa Blanca north - grey just now but forecast is for a few hours sun later. Hope so, such a different atmosphere just now, it will cheer us up. Lots of people on here having a bad time just now with worries and anxieties. Here are my virtual hugs (((. ))) and flowers to those who especially need them flowers

Auntieflo Tue 17-Mar-20 08:32:46

Good morning Michael, Annie and all. It is a lovely way to keep in touch with names that I have got to know.
Calpurnia I have seen your name before on posts, but so sorry to read your sad news this morning. I do hope you manage to get some brief respite with help for your DH.

We had a short spell in the garden yesterday. It was sunny and fresh and we both felt good afterwards. DH is not a gardener by any means, but even he enjoyed himself.

Dragonfly, I see from another GN, upthread, that you only have 3 more sessions to go, is that right? Well done. We had the excellent news that a friend who has been undergoing chemotherapy, has had her latest scan come back clear.

We were looking forward to a visit from one of our GD's and GGD at the beginning of April, now I'm not sure if that will happen. But so hope that it does.

Lovely news of your new baby in the family Flowerlover. Congratulations.

Nothing planned here today, except laundry!

Have a good day one and all, and keep safe.

NfkDumpling Tue 17-Mar-20 08:33:44

Morning All

Grey and bright at the same time in my bit of Norfolk.

I have a dentist appointment this morning to fit a permanent cap so don’t want to miss it. He’s very hot on hygiene so I’m not too concerned - and there’s only four hospitalised cases here. I think the virus will peak in Norfolk after the rest of the country!

Stay safe and positive everyone

Calpurnia flowers

Grammaretto Tue 17-Mar-20 08:35:34

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where the sunshine is defying some of the doom and gloom. Welcome to the little one flowerlover smile

I am SO sorry Calpurnia . I hope your immediate feelings of devastation will pass and something will turn up as Mr Macawber would say.

We are trying to self isolate but at the same time also have to consider my even more ancient in-laws whose clubs and day centres have been cancelled. Our DC are beginning to panic about possible school closures as they work in jobs you can't do from home.

So many things have shut down. I hadn't realised I was so busy.

I went on the 6 mile hike yesterday with U3A. It was a great way to feel good and there were some grey power moments of defiance and lots of laughs - from a metre apart or is it 2 of course. wink

Try not to get too down about this everyone. Welcome to all the new folk on here and sending love and hugs to all those suffering.

Greyduster Tue 17-Mar-20 08:36:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dreary but dry in South Yorkshire. Windy though. We will go to the bank today so that we will have cash to pay SiL who has offered to keep us supplied with groceries while he can. We are doing our last grandparenting duty of the week, maybe our last one for a while sadly. As instructed, the boy stayed out of our way yesterday when we were there, and we both agreed it was awful, but necessary. I put some of my coconut tarts and some hot chocolate in the kitchen for him, and that cheered him up!
Have the best day you can everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 17-Mar-20 08:38:01

Calpurnia I am so sorry, at a time when you really need your family to be isolated from them is heartbreaking flowers.