Gransnet forums

Chat

Your treat for today

(246 Posts)
Pantglas2 Tue 17-Mar-20 07:32:55

Just that really - please share one thing that you’re planning for the day to cheer yourself up in these trying times.

Could be anything from a bar of chocolate, glass of something lovely, arranging some freshly cut flowers from your garden or baking a cake to a freshly made bed, or even painting your toenails!

Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks (DH has just informed me I’m daft) as long as it puts a smile on your face!

So to start this off - yesterday I changed our bed and had the best night’s sleep! Today I’m going to make some banana bread as they’re really mottled in the fruit bowl - can’t tell you how many brownie points that gets in this house!

Framilode Tue 17-Mar-20 10:36:06

Gabriella G54 I think Lakeland do liquid starch.

henetha Tue 17-Mar-20 10:39:31

I shall study the plant catalogue that arrived last week and prepare an order, as it looks like I can't go to a garden centre any time soon. So at least I can look forward to new plants later in the spring.

granjan66 Tue 17-Mar-20 11:16:22

Will try a new recipe for gf gingerbread as I am celiac.

wot Tue 17-Mar-20 11:16:53

Chocolate flavour milk.

HillyP Tue 17-Mar-20 11:22:14

Enjoying a delivery from my milkman. Yes, I had ordered it, but still nice to find it on my doorstep first thing this morning and a relief to know we have breakfast as I have refused to panic buy. Simple pleasures for difficult times.

Patsy429 Tue 17-Mar-20 11:22:24

A lovely hot shower. Having a new boiler fitted today so can stop longer than 30 seconds under a like warm shower!

rileydog Tue 17-Mar-20 11:23:24

Planting some salad and herb seeds and thinking of treating myself to a raised trough. I certainly know how to enjoy myself! ?

kissygrandma Tue 17-Mar-20 11:23:44

Not today, but I hit 60 yesterday so I went for a walk round the carriageway at Rothbury, across fields, with views over the hills. Sunshine all the way. Back to reality now as at work today but took some nice photos to remember.

Dec46 Tue 17-Mar-20 11:25:41

I've had my haircut this morning,much shorter than usual,and I like it.Thought I could experiment as I won't be seeing many people for a couple of months.

sluttygran Tue 17-Mar-20 11:29:24

I'm self-isolating because of age and health issues, plus have had a nasty cough.
The one treat I'm enjoying is not having to wear a bra. No one will see me, so I can be shapeless and comfortable! smile

ninathenana Tue 17-Mar-20 11:29:45

Went out early to shop and stopped at the cafe for cooked breakfast. Our treat for the day. We are not self isolating yet but have postponed our UK break

Patticake123 Tue 17-Mar-20 11:29:59

I’ve just planted two rows of potatoes. Pure joy!

Lulu16 Tue 17-Mar-20 11:30:02

Planted a tub of primulas yesterday, so every time that I open the front door there is a blaze of colour to look at, along with pots of Cornish daffodils and narcissi

Lisagran Tue 17-Mar-20 11:30:23

Posted pics earlier but they disappeared / I’ll try again.....

PeggySue01 Tue 17-Mar-20 11:33:18

Just had food delivery and thrilled that I was still able to get eggs. My son has severe mental health issues and it is his birthday on Friday so hooray I will be busy making him and his friends a chocolate cake!

Maybelater2020 Tue 17-Mar-20 11:33:20

Great idea pantglass. I have some mottled bananas so will make a banana loaf. Then I will take a leisurely walk in our local country park. Later I will continue de-cluttering my late husband's study ready for decorating and converting into a sewing room. Just need to finish my coffee and get of the sofa first.grin

Lisagran Tue 17-Mar-20 11:33:57

Maremia Tue 17-Mar-20 11:34:53

Our Club is cancelled so we are doing an online version tonight. Should be a hoot.

polnan Tue 17-Mar-20 11:38:38

I have been trying to get Skype installed.. duh! well I am computer illiterate.. click where I am told to.. unfortunately.. duh! duh! I don`t know where I have to click!

minxie Tue 17-Mar-20 11:39:47

I have just spoken to my boys, they and their partners are working from home and have supplies in. I’m happy, ?

rowanflower0 Tue 17-Mar-20 11:41:18

I am going to sit in the porch and do some much-needed maintenance to my front pots before adding the pretty primulas I bought at the weekend. (treat for me).
Then I shall do some home-made soup for lunch, followed by toasted tea cakes.
I shall make some phone calls to friends I know are alone, (treat for them, I hope).
I will make a nice pudding as a treat for other half.
Then, as my creative writing group has been cancelled - I will take selfish pleasure on getting on with writing my book!!!

Worthingpatchworker Tue 17-Mar-20 11:43:33

Yesterday...two loads of laundry on the line and mowed the grass.....so many plants with little buds appearing.
Today....getting my hair done and....just received a delivery of wool to start knitting some lovely woodland animals.
At present...,cat on my lap and to robovac, we call her daisy, cleaning the floors downstairs.
Keep well everyone.

Noreen3 Tue 17-Mar-20 11:44:21

Having lunch soon,fish and chips cooking in the oven,feeling hungry.Having a can of Guinness,as it's St Patrick's day.No celebrations anywhere this year,I sometimes went into Nottingham,but of course it's cancelled.When my husband was alive,we always did something,even when he wasn't well.So I'll raise a glass of Guinness to him.So happy ? St Patrick's day to anyone who is Irish,or just loves everything Irish.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 17-Mar-20 11:44:38

I'm going to make some biscuits with a tin of condensed milk I found in the cupboard. I expect they're not good for my body but they boost the pleasure centre of what I call a brain.

Annitona Tue 17-Mar-20 11:44:41

I sorted out clothes to give to a Charity Shop. At last put my washing machine through a descaling cycle! Normally would catch up with the gardening which is a major job due to its size, but as I am moving soon will leave it to the new occupiers. What next?