Gransnet forums

Chat

Belly laughs

(107 Posts)
Elizabeth1 Sun 22-Mar-20 10:43:55

It would be good to hear what makes you laugh out loud a really belly laugh.
I used to belly laugh out loud while reading the Herriot series myDh laughs out loud at certain tv programmes which I don’t find funny at all. Compo etc

grannydarkhair Sun 22-Mar-20 13:00:24

My ex son-in-law could make me belly laugh more than possibly anyone else I've ever met with his truly stupid unexpected jokes. E.g. "I can't get over it" says him, with a big sigh. "What?" says me, all concerned. "That 20ft wall" says him, totally deadpan. I'm laughing now writing this although I know it's funny only to me probably, in fact my daughter used to shake her head in amazement that I found him so funny. Fortunately, his son, my oldest g'son has inherited much of his Dad's daftness and he can make me belly laugh at the most unexpected times.

Janetashbolt Sun 22-Mar-20 13:03:23

Try this guy and his jokes are clean

fluffyguy.com/

libra10 Sun 22-Mar-20 13:09:26

I agree with shysal, 'Would I Lie to You' has me in stitches laughing.

Rufus2 Sun 22-Mar-20 13:13:29

are you lonesome tonight
You can't beat Eric and Ernie's version; "Yah boo tickety boo!grin

Llamedos13 Sun 22-Mar-20 13:15:17

Father Ted every time for me

EllanVannin Sun 22-Mar-20 13:20:31

Dinner Ladies, especially the greatest of them all, Julie Walters. Her waitress stint--two soups.

Cissie and Ada.

Victoria Wood and her keep fit episode. Classic.

Miranda.

Hylda Baker and her screen family.

Two Ronnies.

Some of Morecambe and Wise sketches.

Mrs Brown's Boys ( missed it last night )

As Time goes by.

I miss having a damn good laugh and often refer to youtube for re-runs as there's nothing funny on the TV.

123kitty Sun 22-Mar-20 13:21:36

Would I lie to you, so quick, funny and clever. Dad's Army, Fools & Horses etc leave me cold. There was a piece in The Good Life when the snooty neighbour explained that she didn't understand jokes - I think that's me (not snooty I hope) just often baffled wondering what others find so side splittingly funny.

ninathenana Sun 22-Mar-20 13:37:55

QI

phoenix Sun 22-Mar-20 13:42:30

Rufus2* I think you find its "Boom oo yattety ta" wink

Diggingdoris Sun 22-Mar-20 13:49:27

The vicar of Dibley.

Morecambe and wise

Only fools and horses.

Mrs Brown's boys.

Michael McIntyre in stand-up.

Azalea99 Sun 22-Mar-20 13:52:45

I used to love the Yes Minister, etc episodes

JackyB Sun 22-Mar-20 13:55:16

I watch everything on Youtube, as I can't get British TV. Most of the above make me laugh, but also the American version of 'Whose Line Is It' really makes me laugh out loud, even though they are at least 20 years old.(but then, so are the Morecambe and Wise shows). I also discovered the 'thin blue line' which is very funny.

phoenix Sun 22-Mar-20 14:13:18

Thought I'd posted this, but seems to have vanished!

Brian Johnson and Jonathan Agnew cricket comnentary, where someone "failed to get his leg over"

Brian's voice getting higher and higher as he tried to keep the commentary going while laughing "Stop it Aggers!" Can't listen to that without giggling!

Rufus2 Sun 22-Mar-20 14:23:41

Rufus2* I think you find its "Boom oo yattety ta wink

Phoenix; No I won't ; it's "Boom OO Ya Ta Ta Ta". hmm
and I forgot to give credit to Sid and Dick who are an essential part of the quartet! It's now gone 1.00am on Monday, but I knew I wouldn't sleep without sorting that out!
Thanks! smile

gillyknits Sun 22-Mar-20 14:30:35

Gogglebox!

Madmaggie Sun 22-Mar-20 14:41:13

Fr Ted. The lingerie department, the nuns, in fact DH and I often use some of their phrases and end up laughing instead of worrying, "drink", "ah go on, go on, go on" "it was only resting in my account" "we'll have none of that" and of course "we'll say a Mass then" having been brought up in a Catholic family of Irish ancestry, educated by nuns & priests - it's priceless.

Phloembundle Sun 22-Mar-20 14:54:05

Just watched best of Graham Norton clips online. Hilarious episode featuring Michael McIntire talking about '"hanky panky".

Brigidsdaughter Sun 22-Mar-20 14:55:07

Friends
Third Rock from the Sun

Caro57 Sun 22-Mar-20 14:56:23

Gogglebox - they say the most ridiculous things

Beloulou Sun 22-Mar-20 15:01:56

Very few make me laugh out loud, but Last Tango In Halifax,
Where Gillian says “What fresh hell is this” ( last series I think). Has me in fits. Maybe you have to see it ?.

Elizabeth1 Sun 22-Mar-20 15:06:02

Yes. RuthleanorI too giggle at this one by ElvisPresley and he’s so handsome he makes me smile smile

Brigidsdaughter Sun 22-Mar-20 15:18:00

janetashbolt thank you. VERY funny ??

JuliaM Sun 22-Mar-20 15:33:47

The Mike Harding shows back in the late 1980s, and more recently, Peter Kay. Both brilliant comedians. Sarah Milligan is good too, but tbh, some of the old comedy shows have been repeated that many times on the TV that they have become quite boring when you know exactly what they are going to say next!

Jane10 Sun 22-Mar-20 15:38:13

Gogglebox and PG Wodehouse as well as EF Benson. The infectious sound of uninhibited children's laughter always gets me going too. Oh no. Now I'm sad again.

oliversnana Sun 22-Mar-20 15:39:11

My dh loves the film down periscooe he makes us all laugh while watching it