Gransnet forums

Chat

Slipping into slobbishness

(117 Posts)
watermeadow Sun 22-Mar-20 21:18:25

I’m very sleepy and tempted to go to bed without a bath. Nobody’s going to get closer than 6’ to me anytime soon so why not wear the same clothes three days running, leave my hair unbrushed and leave my bed unmade?
Will I turn into a stinking slob and eventually stop brushing my teeth, changing my pants and cleaning the bathroom? Is slobbishness something we could all slide into if not vigilant?
I’ve now frightened myself and off to run my bath!

Callistemon Tue 24-Mar-20 10:21:44

I am going to shower and blow dry my hair now. No makeup, just moisturiser.
Late, I know, but have been chatting to DD for ages (online of course).
And trying to cancel an outpatient appointment without any success. That took up half an hour.

Whitewave shock
That is not what you need at the moment, well at any time.
I hope you can pass them, if they are small stones, without any surgery

Evie64 Sat 28-Mar-20 00:01:18

I have recovered and am working at home, with no bra!!! Who would have thought! grin

Chewbacca Sat 28-Mar-20 00:03:49

Bliss isn't it Evie64? grin

Hetty58 Sat 28-Mar-20 00:08:28

Life is so simple and carefree, living in pyjamas. My washing was dry in no time.

Callistemon Sat 28-Mar-20 00:17:38

Oh goodness!

Our nice neighbours are popping their heads over the fence far more now than previously so I must Keep Up Appearances in my gardening clothes.

#Hyacinth

JackyB Thu 02-Apr-20 08:45:45

I was thinking about this the other day. I had stopped using deodorant - I thought I could save some money and, anyway, no one would be near enough to smell me. But I couldn't bear to smell myself in the end so I'm back to using it again.

On the other hand, I have been using night cream instead of day cream in the mornings. The main difference, as I understand it is that night cream doesn't have SPF (well, I'm not going outside) and is richer, so it might hold off a bit of a wrinkle for a little longer.

Unlike everyone else here, I am most uncomfortable without a bra and don't take it off till I'm practically in bed.

FarNorth Thu 02-Apr-20 09:17:26

GabriellaG54 I agree with you about make-up.
I usually wear scruffy casual clothes without a bra, so no change there. Not all day pyjamas, tho.

Alexa Thu 02-Apr-20 09:20:36

Is that true Grandma, that not wearing a bra causes breasts to droop? I must say this is my main motive for putting on a bra. I don't like bras very much and feel more comfortable with my jumper or t shirt next my skin

GagaJo Thu 02-Apr-20 09:26:50

Me atm.

TerriBull Thu 02-Apr-20 11:14:45

Went out early this morning to join the "olds" first hour food shop at our local Marks, not sure I qualify cos I'm still a few years away from the magic stipulated age of 70. Just pulled on yesterday's clothes, didn't do any of my morning routine, shower, teeth, hair, make up, (minimal for the latter) but with a mask on who cares! No one is looking at anyone else, only from the point of view of distance apart

However, all showered with clean clothes on now, I only feel half awake without my regular routine.

travelsafar Sat 04-Apr-20 10:18:54

I fear this may be starting to happen. I am struggling to get up each day, nothing to get up and get organised for. No clubs, or appointments, no shopping or meeting friends and family for social occasions. Just a walk each day where i dont interact with anyone. I am still in my pj's at 10.15am, unheard of in my life before lockdown. I am sleeping till after 9am most days whereas before it 6.30/7am usually that i would be up and about. My sister rang this morning and i voiced my fears about this, she said dont worry once we get back to some sort of normality you will go back to normal ways. I really hope so.

Callistemon Sat 04-Apr-20 10:27:44

My skin seems worse without makeup - why?
I am using moisturiser.

Callistemon Sat 04-Apr-20 10:29:24

travelsafar, it may be 9 am but it's only really 8 am

Hope that helps smile

Actually, it is 10.29 (9.29)

Marmight Sat 04-Apr-20 10:42:33

I’m finding it difficult to get into some form of routine. I got back home, after a month in Oz, on the first day of ‘quarantine’ just in the nick of time so am doing total isolation in case I picked up anything nasty on the journey. It always takes a few days to get my head sorted out but this time it’s taking longer. Total discombobulation and I’m flittering from one thing to another like a demented bumble bee. Every morning I tell myself This is The Day I will get on top of it. I’m comfortable, I have food aplenty thanks to DD1 & Mr Tesco delivery man keeping me supplied. I have a garden to sit in/work on plus loads of indoor activities. But, can I be arsed? No. Tired, tearful because I hate being on my own, get up late, slob in old tatty clothes, go to bed early, can’t be bothered to watch TV or, more worryingly have a few ?? - & the hair desperately needs attention. Then, I think of my Mum and millions of others who coped on their own for years during WW2 with far less and in her case no husband for nearly 6 years and I feel ashamed for feeling as I do. Manana, manana!

Chewbacca Sat 04-Apr-20 11:36:09

You've just articulated precisely how I feel too Marmight.

Laughterlines Sat 04-Apr-20 13:25:20

Me too Marmight

Except round here, a small seaside town, the local Nazis are out on patrol being very unkind and it’s making me shouty and defensive, not normal for Norfolk, so I am drinking more coffee and alcohol than usual, together with slobbing out, wild hair and eyes, I wonder if I will ever return to kind old lady mode when this is done.