Gransnet forums

Chat

Name and shame airlines and businesses

(35 Posts)
mokryna Tue 24-Mar-20 20:03:49

Wouldn’t the airlines and businesses love the free publicity of how they took advantage of people in difficult situations?Example of the hotel which sent the wrong information to an employee last week and didn’t realize it, until it was on a radio broadcast.

Pikachu Wed 25-Mar-20 09:00:57

Ah ha! Thought not. Or should that be ‘thought so!’ Hmmm....

Floradora9 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:21:35

Well I want to say thanks to TUI who are refunding the cost of the holiday we should have been going on to-morrow. Thanks also to Aspire Lounges for refunding our lounge voucher and to ITISON who are giving us a credit for the parking we had booked through them at the airport. Our only loss is the large excess we paid on our annual travel insurance through our bank .

vampirequeen Wed 25-Mar-20 11:24:52

We'll have to be careful NfkDumpling. It wouldn't do to let it become a habit grin

NfkDumpling Wed 25-Mar-20 18:13:49

grin

M0nica Wed 25-Mar-20 18:28:34

Richard Branson's had to be shamed into proper behaviour. He started by telling all his staff to take 8 weeks unpaid leave, but backed trackd a week later under an avalanche of criticism and has now announced a £250 million deal to help them.

On the plus side, when Britannia Hotels sacked all their staff and booted them out of their accommodation, with immediate effect. McDonald Hotels immediately offered them accommodation in its hotel.

Tigerdove Wed 25-Mar-20 18:58:54

The employees at the firm where my granddaughter works, all working from home, have been give £150.00, in addition to their salary, to cover any incidental expenses.

Daisymae Wed 25-Mar-20 19:07:08

Members of my family are expected to work. Some from home others in work as per normal.

Happy2b Fri 27-Mar-20 01:11:04

QANTAS here in Australia are on the one hand are giving back full refunds on flights
But taking with the other by selling flights interstate for people trying to get home before border lockdown at up to $4000 /2000Pounds approx per person one way ( of course)
Granted Brisbane to Perth is a 5 hour flight but last month it was about $400-500 return

Tommy16 Fri 27-Mar-20 02:23:16

EMIRATES has abandoned people worldwide, closing down at short notice,they cancelled my flight from Bangkok the day I was to fly,luckily I've found a flight on Qatar but at a very expensive price, there are thousands of brits who travelled before all this kicked off and are desperate to get home