Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Wed 25-Mar-20 06:15:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and sunny this morning here in Brackley this morning.
Will attempt to go out and do a small shop this morning around 8 , so hopefully queuing will not be as bad but according to the news they are adopting a one and one out policy.
Mick

Ginny42 Wed 25-Mar-20 07:32:02

Thank you Lisagran. The other one added lemon juice to the milk to make buttermilk. I shall make your recipe today and just thought that I can carry the tray from the oven to the garden fence with one for my neighbour.

NfK Dumpling I'm on a flight path too. One into Liverpool and usually several very high in the sky leaving trails criss-crossing - now strangely missing. Hopefully the earth will be benefitting with less pollution.

mancgirl Wed 25-Mar-20 07:34:27

Good morning from sunny Manchester. It looks fine outside, maybe chilly but as I'm still in bed haven't tested the temperature! Had a walk with Mr.Manc yesterday afternoon. Saw a few people out and zig zagged around any we did see. Smiles were exchanged with those we did pass, everyone abiding by the rules. Started what my mum would have called "bottoming" the house, now referred to as deep cleaning. Plenty time to do it, so 1 or 2 rooms in the morning. It's not like we'll be having visitors any time soon! Gardening/reading in the afternoon. Thank goodness it's not winter, good weather is making our self imposed isolation more pleasant. Many of us having interrupted sleep. In fact I found a click and collect supermarket slot on line at 4.15 this morning. It is 3 weeks away though! Take care.
(((. ))) hugs for those who need one - isn't that everyone?

brook2704 Wed 25-Mar-20 07:39:37

Good morning everyone from Inverness, it’s cloudy here this morning with a touch of rain in the air. Please send some of your lovely sunshine up north!
Yesterday I was trying to do my usual gardening but it was so windy eventually I gave up and retreated indoors
Had a surprise FaceTime call from 2 DGC they were singing a new number song they’d learnt earlier. Their mum looked shattered after home school all day - but she’ll be fine !
Later today we’re going for a wander straight from the front door , not sure how far we’ll get but we’ll see what we find
Hope everyone can enjoy the day as best they can
Special thoughts to all with worries and struggles
Take care ?

Urmstongran Wed 25-Mar-20 07:48:41

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s still chucking it down! After 5 days of this miserable weather I’ve had enough. The forecast is for a gorgeous day tomorrow ~ fingers crossed. It’ll be good to sit on the balcony in the sun with the windows folded back.

I’m envious of you folk being able to go out for a walk. The measures here are more onerous. It’s Day 11 now of a 29 day lockdown.

Thank god for our box set of ‘Breaking Bad’ that’s out here! We watch 2 episodes every night. At 8pm we go to the front door to join in the neighbourhood clapping. It’s raucous out here as you can imagine ~ maybe because we are all going stir crazy ~ hooters, cheering, whistling, flashing lights are accompaniments to the applause! I love the noisy Spanish.

Hope the WiFi signal is strong enough to send this message and that Wednesday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone. x

Gingster Wed 25-Mar-20 07:49:05

At last the east wind has dropped and although still chilly it’s a beautiful day here on the Suffolk coast . The sea has calmed down, with no crashing waves to be seen. Hopefully we’ll find a sheltered spot and have our coffee in the garden. Family from inland parts have been sunbathing and sending pics of all the GC in t shirts and shorts. Here, we are in thick coats, gloves and woolly hats. Dog was due for groomer today but they’re closed , so I’ve ordered claw clippers from amazon, as her claws are very sharp and she needs them shorter. Don’t like the idea of doing it really. I’ll give her a bath and trim around her little cute face. A pamper day for Elsie ?

Urmstongran Wed 25-Mar-20 07:49:59

I’m amazed ~ it went‼️
?

Kalu Wed 25-Mar-20 07:52:18

Good morning from Glasgow where the start to the day, so far, is rain so we have decided to stay home today?

Skyping and FaceTime catch ups with family plus entertainment courtesy of GDs with jokes and a new cartwheel display helped to cheer all of us.

A faff around the house today although very tempted to start a new book after a basic tidy up. ?. Just noticed, the sun has now come out!?. I may be forced to clean some windows now. Oh bxxxxr?

Have a pleasant day all.

EllanVannin Wed 25-Mar-20 08:00:39

Good Morning All x
Beautifully sunny again which helps enormously in times like this, as Oldgoat said it's better than suffering through the dark days of winter.

Patio nets to wash and also a bedroom rug which will dry nicely with the sun on it----how exciting is that ? grin

I was watching two planes earlier, obviously A380's or similar because of the height of them and started to think about the" nefarious" chemtrails/ contrails which they left behind which given the amount of daily flights makes you wonder ? I'll keep an open mind !

It's so quiet here it's more like a Sunday. No chattering children going to school, no cars starting up anywhere, only the birdsongs and a wood pigeon in the background. Seagulls squawking as well----lovely.

It's in times like this that I'm so thankful for living in such an open area so close to the sea and not crammed in between houses in a town, I feel as though I can breathe easier.

Hoping everyone is remaining germ-free and doing as you're told smile It's vital ! I wish this wasn't all going on sad
I hope Gillybob can get some clarity with her finances as you don't need that sort of a worry with everything else.
Hope Urmstongran's holding out okay and managing with the meals side of things.

Everyone stay safe and well. Thoughts with all xx

GrannyGravy13 Wed 25-Mar-20 08:01:26

Goodmorning Urmstongran, sending you some virtual sunshine, keep safe and hydrated ??

Pittcity Wed 25-Mar-20 08:04:24

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Freezing though. Neighbour had to scrape his windscreen before he went to work. Forecast is for the temperature to rise to 15, so we will get out into the garden. We need to sort out our recycling that is not going to be collected and use the grass cuttings as mulch. Menu planning followed by a walk and supermarket shop.
TOYA xx

cornergran Wed 25-Mar-20 08:05:49

Morning Mick, morning All. Another bright and chilly start in our corner of Somerset. Decent walk yesterday along the river, a few more people all taking care with space. A very good natured and well spaced queue outside the pharmacy allowed prescription collection. After a day off Mr C is wielding the paint brush again, I fear for the carpets and will hide in the garden. A walk again later. The days are filling themselves. Hope Wednesday is gentle with us all, stay safe.

Urmstongran Wed 25-Mar-20 08:20:35

Thanks EV we are eking out supplies ~ Thursday has become supermarket day. No crisps, biscuits, chocolate was bought this week ~ Himself went strictly off ‘the list’! Ah well, I’ve lost 2lbs with no snacking (fruit only) and Himself (typical man) has lost 5lbs. It’s the ‘lockdown diet’!

Yep GG13 ~ I said to a friend who asked ‘are keeping your spirits up?’ ~ ‘well, we are DRINKING them of an evening!’
?? chin chin.

Lins1066 Wed 25-Mar-20 08:24:06

Morning Mick and all from a very sunny S Welsh coast.
We are on a flight path too, we usually see all the US planes bound for Heathrow from about 5 am on. Had a quick look on flight tracker, there was just one - Luxembourg to Bogota - think it's a bit lost ?
Chatted to our neighbours yesterday they live opposite us and were gardening, mind you they are always gardening. I say chatted, it was more shouting from my lounge window.
Went for a walk later yesterday at 6 pm and there was a wonderful sunset, the tide was in and it was so beautiful. The birdsong was lovely too, so loud and joyous in the quiet all around. Very few people about, normally the sea would be full of surfers.
Love to all who are struggling for whatever reason.

Lins1066 Wed 25-Mar-20 08:26:21

I should have said, the plane was eastbound ?

conor Wed 25-Mar-20 08:28:58

Good morning from a beautiful sunny Essex. Busy day yesterday with work out, yoga, phone calls, FaceTime and Gareth Malone choir! Managed to get quite a bit of gardening in between and enjoyed the sunshine. I don't sit down until the evening so hopefully tire myself out by then!
Have Iceland delivery this afternoon. First time do don't know what to expect. Hope its what I ordered!!
Wishing everyone a good day as we soldier on through this xxxx

NannyJan53 Wed 25-Mar-20 08:29:08

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

Trying to eek out the jobs, as there are still a few weeks to go, as I have Asthma and therefore a yearly flu jab, I am one of those who have to isolate for 12 weeks! So I don't think I can even go out for a walk?

So yesterday, swept and cleaned the back patio. Rang a friend who lives near Cambridge. She is 74 and therefore has to isolate too. Gave Mum her daily call. Read and cooked dinner.

Thinking of you Urmston and hoping the sun comes out there soon. Also, gilly and *Marydoll@

Wishing you all the best day you can have.

harrigran Wed 25-Mar-20 08:29:27

Good morning from a lovely sunny NE.
I have not been in contact with anyone but DH for the last three weeks. We manage fine and certainly do not get bored.
GD sent photographs on the family WhatsApp and we all added a few words.
DD lives abroad and is working from home, video conferences.
Sister who lives in Germany rang me last night and has her head firmly in the sand, she refuses to accept the severity of it despite her DH having lung cancer.
My medical supplies arrived yesterday which means I am okay for another month.
Stay safe everyone.

Greyduster Wed 25-Mar-20 08:30:03

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire. We had a full on gardening day yesterday so I intend to make some dishes for the freezer today, and DH is pressing on with his jigsaw. I started playing a word game online with GS last night - he has gone to it with a will, so I expect I will get no peace! Worst is, he’s beating me!! Have a good day folks!

Grammaretto Wed 25-Mar-20 08:44:59

Good morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders where it is light but nothing to report weatherwise.

Oldgoat you are right about it being a blessing going into Spring when this pandemic occurs which may explain why my antipodean DS is always so gloomy when we speak. It is usually night time and of course Autumn when he calls.

Last night we had a family quiz on-line using zoom which was great fun and a joy to see everyone - even if we appeared in a box in the corner like Catchphrase.

The yoga teacher is offering us an online course which I must do for exercise. I just walked around the garden yesterday.

So far, being penned up isn't too bad for us oldies. I get up later and go to bed earlier.

Gilly I hope you get some relief today.
Stay well and stay safe everyone.

BladeAnnie Wed 25-Mar-20 08:46:59

Good morning from a bright and sunny mid-Notts. I couldn't believe I managed to get a sainsbury's slot for tomorrow afternoon - just odd ones available but I was obviously there just at the right time smile. I finished knitting the baby blanket for DDs friend who's little girl is due the end of next month. Had an email from the hotel where the wedding was taking place just saying they are working with March and April couples first before May and June couples. I suppose it's all so up in the air and we don't know how long these trying times will last. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone and stay safe x

Sar53 Wed 25-Mar-20 08:47:59

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. So good to see the sun.
I'm going to make some sultana scones this morning, watch this space, domestic goddess I am not !!!
Some more clearing out of DH's office, its looking better already.
Hopefully go out for a walk along by the sea.
Have the best day you can and stay safe xx

Mapleleaf Wed 25-Mar-20 08:48:52

Good morning all,
It's a beautiful morning, not a cloud in the sky yet. Chilly, though.
Chatted to my neighbours yesterday when I ventured for a walk. They were on one side of the road and I was on the other, so it was more a "shout" than a chat! ? Otherwise, very few people about and we all made sure to give each other a wide berth and a nod of our heads. Not sure how much longer we'll be allowed to have these walks?
Not sure what I'll do with myself today, but probably venture into the garden again to do a little more tidying if it warms up enough. Won't see my SiL's tonight for our regular meet up, which is going to be hard, but necessary. We'll have to phone instead.
Take care everyone.

Doorstop Wed 25-Mar-20 08:53:37

Good morning all, bright and sunny day here in Herts. I am very envious of those living near the country or the beach. We are in a built up area and do not feel safe going out for a walk but we do at least have the garden. My son got some mince for me on the way home from work so will make shepherds pie and bolognese, after I have done my exercise with Leslie Sansone.
Stay safe. X

whywhywhy Wed 25-Mar-20 08:53:45

Good morning from a sunny Market Harborough. Stay safe. Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering illness or depressed or fedup. Xx

Susan56 Wed 25-Mar-20 08:54:11

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it is a sunny but cold morning.
Today’s job is washing out the greenhouse and cleaning the patio.
Started a new book yesterday so more reading later and a couple of crosswords.
Hope you managed to get some information about finances yesterday gilly.Sending love and strength.x
Have the best day you can everyone.