Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Wed 25-Mar-20 06:15:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and sunny this morning here in Brackley this morning.
Will attempt to go out and do a small shop this morning around 8 , so hopefully queuing will not be as bad but according to the news they are adopting a one and one out policy.
Mick

ann678tifney Wed 25-Mar-20 13:31:40

Sorry I am late in posting today, but been working out with my boss my work schedule from now on. I am only going to be working afternoons, so that I can be with my DH on a morning, so I am happy about that and so is he. Gillybob, I understand your frustration, a number of our clients have closed and only paying the 80% wages, luckily most of them can afford that until they start paying out the grants, and I understand you might not be in a position to do that. Have you had anything from your LA about the grants? A lot of clients have and sent them back, but we are unsure when the payments will start being issued, if not please get in touch with them about it all small businesses are getting them. If I can help you gillybob please get in touch. Hope everyone keeps safe.

Scentia Wed 25-Mar-20 13:49:12

Gilly
I had an e mail from my bank asking if we wanted a business interruption loan, if you bank online my bank said I can apply online if I wish. Have you looked into one, to cover outgoings until your grant comes through.

Auntieflo Wed 25-Mar-20 14:00:47

Good afternoon, Michael, Annie, and all.
Late today, as we went to Boots to collect DH prescription. I left him to queue, 1 in and 1 out. There were people queuing outside, and keeping a big distance from each other. I sat on a bench outside the Town Hall waiting for him. The place was almost empty, and I sat there for ages, thinking I had missed him. But he eventually appeared.
I'm not sure how to go about getting our repeat prescriptions delivered. Will ask DD later.
Cleaned the outside kitchen window, and then sat in the warm sunshine with a coffee and chatted on the phone to a friend, for half an hour.
It is so beautiful outside, and a boost to the soul to see the spring flowers coming through.
Yesterday I made a quiche for supper and we had that with a green salad and some potato salad. With the bit of left over pastry, I made 6 jam tarts. Haven't had those for ages.
Not sure what to have this evening, so will have to delve in the freezer soon.
A neighbour has just phoned to say she is going to Tesco, and was there anything we needed. That's four different neighbours who have offered during this strange time. Much appreciated.
Take care one and all, and stay safe.