Gransnet forums

Chat

If I show you mine will you show me yours? (chocolate stash!!!)

(65 Posts)
fatgran57 Wed 25-Mar-20 07:36:48

Very shameful only I'm not ashamedsmile

I have not panic hoarded these - this is my usual peace of mind collection including the chocolate biscuits.

Some people have wine and some people have chocolate (some probably have both) grin

Nannan2 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:53:00

Yes singlegrannie,i got eggs early too! So now theyre on top of cupboard calling to me....smile

Nannan2 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:56:20

Can't have g&t as now on antibiotics for dental problem.so choc it is,once tooth's better.(eaten on the 'good'side)!

blueberry1 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:57:13

Not bothered about chocolate but do have a tea bag stash - far more important!

NanaandGrampy Wed 25-Mar-20 11:59:52

oh I cannot show you a picture in case I am robbed for it :-)

I had been getting ready for the Easter Egg Olympics held at my house every year for all our family and little one so I have an entire unit filled with chocolate eggs and such ( and the bottom shelf with alcohol for the grownups) .

As they are now not coming and I am not likely to see them for months I shall have to eat my way through it :-)

Its a tough job but someone has to do it.

EllanVannin Wed 25-Mar-20 12:00:48

----rich tea biscs, 2 pkts Cad. dark choc buttons, Smarties choc buttons, Lindt choc balls, nearly full tin Quality Street from Christmas, nearly full box of Thorntons from Christmas, Frys variety bars ( raspberry ones are lovely and taste like raspberry ruffles ) 3/4 Cad. caramel bar, varieties of club biscs. 2 tubes Halls Soothers. A few jelly babies

Although I enjoy the odd sweetmeat, I don't eat an awful lot as prefer something savoury, hence the chocs from Christmas. The children have had more than I have as I've always had a supply of goodies when the children visit.

3nanny6 Wed 25-Mar-20 12:00:59

So far there are five medium sized chocolate Easter eggs hidden in a cupboard (I am still in the habit of hiding them
from my son) even though he does not live with me. At Easter and Christmas when chocolate was around he would eat it and also when it was hidden he would often find it and eat some.
I will buy a few more all these are for GC.

MagicWand Wed 25-Mar-20 12:01:00

Can’t believe the advert on this thread was for Cadbury’s Creme eggs! Big brother is certainly watching us!!! I’m down to my last one and resisting until I really need it, but we do have a large unopened box of ‘ooh with these chocolates you are really spoiling us’ You know the ones. grin

Phloembundle Wed 25-Mar-20 12:01:46

I have chocolate AND a box of mini twister ice lollies!

Laughterlines Wed 25-Mar-20 12:10:30

Callistemom of course it’s ok to eat. Look at use by date if it’s use before 1999 or after, it should be fine, enjoy.

sodapop Wed 25-Mar-20 12:18:49

Callistemon You have to keep trying the chocolate to see which you prefer, it could take years smile

Janiepops Wed 25-Mar-20 12:19:42

Got a box of 48 in!! Being economical you know! Much cheaper by the box!!

NannanTo4 Wed 25-Mar-20 12:34:43

Thank you Amazon
Bought 2 boxes x 48 to fill grandchildren’s home made paper maché chicks ........ they managed to stay unopened 3 days into our 14 day quarantine

lemongrove Wed 25-Mar-20 12:45:58

Fortunately I find Cadbury items oversweet ( and creme eggs disgusting!) which is just as well as having diabetes I can’t have them.
So, no stash of anything for me, although I can’t run out of Earl Grey tea bags.?

missdeke Wed 25-Mar-20 13:06:01

Well I don't have a stash of anything, can't be a****d. But I was surprised to see chocolate stashes not in the fridge!!!

optimist Wed 25-Mar-20 13:33:27

My only stockpile was catfood as my cat is sooooo fussy and will only eat one (expensive) brand. I just spent £38!

Madmaggie Wed 25-Mar-20 13:59:43

I happen to have 6 - yes 6 chocolate oranges. I can be found sitting in the cupboard under the stairs counting them and muttering 'my precious' in a very strange voice ? seriously though, they were bought when on super dooper special at £1 each with the intention of knitting Easter chick covers for them as wee gifts. I see it as the universe rewarding my good intentions ??

GabriellaG54 Wed 25-Mar-20 14:06:58

I'll arrive at 3.30 tomorrow to help you get rid of the unwanted sweet stuff. Not good for the children either ???
Get the kettle on...

GabriellaG54 Wed 25-Mar-20 14:07:55

That was forEllanVannin ?

Laughterlines Wed 25-Mar-20 14:10:04

ooooh 48 eggs. Jealous

EllanVannin Wed 25-Mar-20 14:28:46

It wouldn't have been a problem if you'd still have been in Liverpool GabriellaG54. Nice day for a sail across the river.

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 15:36:56

Half a bar gone in sheer frustration at trying to re-connect the scanner and coming up against modern technology.

allsortsofbags Wed 25-Mar-20 16:05:26

I don't have an actual "stash" but we are OK for chocolate, crisps and wine.

3 packets of 4 Twirls, I bought 2 because I didn't realise we already had a pk of 4.

1 pk pf 4 Caramels, because DH asked for them.

1 large Buttons Easter Egg, bought for DGD, she probably won't get it now.

All bought before any panic buying started so I don't feel too guilty and I am willing to share :-)

If you stand on our drive I'll throw the chocolate and crisps out of the window.

I'll leave the wine by the front wall and a pre arranged time :-) Unless you are very good at catching.

I usually buy a few chocolate things every now and then as I don't go to that end of our supermarket every shop.

Crisps I buy on line by the box as I can't get the ones we like from the shops these days. The wine DH had just had a delivery, again all before this started.

The 2 of us have have eaten the cream cake I made for Mother's Day and are currently on day 3 of the Gluten Free Chocolate cake bought for Son-in law.

We are getting to be a bit "caked out" but I'm not going waste food and I don't think it will freeze so the "stash" is safe for now.

We are having some creative meals but haven't had to resort the crisps, chocolate wine diet :-) Yet !!!

grannybuy Wed 25-Mar-20 16:10:23

I should be embarrassed! To be fair, the Hotel Chocolat treat box and the Belgian truffles were for Mothers' Day. It's my birthday next week. Obviously, I won't want chocolate!!!

grannybuy Wed 25-Mar-20 16:14:52

A clearer picture, hopefully.

grannybuy Wed 25-Mar-20 16:15:28

Not!