Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's welcoming kitchen for the sharing of...

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 28-Mar-20 14:48:39

Hello my lovelies. At last I can open up and prepare for a wee buffet to celebrate our new refuge. cupcake brew cafe wine smile flowers
Welcome!

Smileless2012 Sun 29-Mar-20 20:50:02

I had a wobble this morning kittylester and I suppose it's only to be expected. Hope you're feeling OK nowflowers.

Nannytopsy Sun 29-Mar-20 20:57:48

Very chilly here today so the landscaping came to a halt.
Morethan, so glad to hear that there has been peace in your little family today.
This was my view on my walk today and I saw 3 hares and about 10 roe deer. We are so lucky to be here.

Doodle Sun 29-Mar-20 21:08:05

morethan so glad to hear your heartening news. A little bit of relief.
Lovely photo susan.
Thanks for the bubbly Galen . If only we were cruising ?
kitty I think we’re all having little wobbles now and again. I guess we all want everyone to be safe.
Take car all. TOYA

Doodle Sun 29-Mar-20 21:09:08

No no don’t take car ? you’re not allowed out. Take care all. ?

Charleygirl5 Sun 29-Mar-20 22:27:20

Smileless Dylan need not worry, his sleep will not be disturbed unless he can open doors. Tara can head butt a door open or open one using her paws but I close all doors firmly at night. It will be you or maybe Mr Smileless if she is desperate, who would be disturbed. She prefers ladies.

She is sitting on the back of my chair waiting for me to go to bed.

I think tomorrow is Monday- going nowhere these days and nobody visiting makes me forget.
TOYA

callgirl1 Sun 29-Mar-20 23:29:25

Nicer news Morethan.
N&G, love your cute little visitor. Soop, when MacSporrean relocates the pretty little mice, I hope he doesn`t have the problem I have………….they always wee on my hand, lol!
Lovely photo Sue, I hope your grandson`s christening isn`t delayed for too long.
My son, the one with lung cancer, has just rung me. His cough has worsened and he has a temperature, so he was admitted about an hour ago to hospital, as a precaution. He`s on the cancer ward, for a minimum of 3 days. He was a worry before, even more so now.

MawB Sun 29-Mar-20 23:31:30

{{big hugs}} Callgirl - an added worry for you now.
Keep strong and remember we are here if you need a shoulder flowers

MawB Sun 29-Mar-20 23:35:14

From the sublime to the ridiculous - DD has messaged me to say that despite self isolation since schools closed 10 days ago and total quarantine since last Tuesday- DGD (5) has got NITS!
Just one, to be exact but DD said it was a huge one ????

fatgran57 Mon 30-Mar-20 06:01:45

callgirl flowers

Just made this from a ball of bread dough from the freezer so will bring it to the kitchen to share.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 30-Mar-20 07:10:24

Well it's Monday, no plans other than ironing and joining my gym buddies in Callanetics at home at our usual class time followed by a whatsapp chat. Then I will do some baking as that got forgotten yesterday?

Not sure how I would be coping without technology, GN helps so much as I do not want to moan away continuously to family, but coming to this cosy kitchen is so reassuring.

Will pop back with cake later.

MawB dreaded nits ?

Kittylester wobbles are allowed ?

Keep well and safe folks.....we've got this ?

kittylester Mon 30-Mar-20 07:36:57

maw, I'm itching now!!! grin

callgirl, you must be very worried about your son. flowers

Seeing a photo of anything small and scurry - ey is close enough - fancy getting close enough to have one wee on your hand shockshock

cornergran Mon 30-Mar-20 07:49:10

Understand your worry callgirl, so sorry.

Nits? Tenacious little itchy things. Made me smile and itch in equal measure maw.

Suspect we all wobble at times kitty thinking about our families. Many of them are out in the thick of it because they have to be. Why wouldn’t we wobble? Hard to keep the worry at bay sometimes. A hug from me.

Morning cuppa and then onwards. Mr C is back wielding his paintbrush, admin for me. A long chat with a friend to look forward to later after our walk.

Be careful out there everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 30-Mar-20 07:59:35

callgirl sending you a hug ((-))

Nannytopsy Mon 30-Mar-20 08:03:41

Thinking of you Callgirl and a hug for Kitty too.
I am about to get up but my body still thinks it is 7am, not 8!

dragonfly46 Mon 30-Mar-20 08:22:35

So sorry I missed the opening of the kitchen.
I seem to be so busy with phones and iPads pinging!

Pleased to hear your news Morethan your DiL deserves some relief from medication.

So sorry to hear about your DS Callgirl flowers

Lovely picture of your DGS Susan.

I am wobbling today. We have to find out what is happening to my DH’s hospital appointment on Friday and I need to sort out my change in medication.. what used to be easy is now very stressful.

Susan56 Mon 30-Mar-20 09:15:26

callgirl,how worrying for you,thinking of you and your son?
kitty and all who are having wobbles,hope you are feeling better today.?
Dragonfly hope you get your appointments and medication sorted.?
My daughter and son in law are both back in work today so I am feeling pretty anxious.I have made a list of things today to keep my mind occupied,not sure it will work though.

Greyduster Mon 30-Mar-20 09:26:26

My first visit to the new kitchen, for which grateful thanks, Soop, and I have missed the banquet and the booze!!

Dragonfly You reminded me that, yesterday, I got rather annoyed with the number of times my phone pinged, and then I told myself how lucky we were to have someone who could and would call and message us regularly and I was ashamed! As for those of us who have wobbles - I have had my fair share recently. Lucky, DH seems thoroughly unwobbleable (is that even a word?) - all those years of Army training I suppose - and is a steadying influence. He sings to keep my spirits up! Mixed blessing?!

We had a walk out yesterday - fewer people about, but not surprising as the wind was blistering and always seemed to be in your face whichever way you were walking. Despite the hat pulled down over them, my ears were ringing horribly all afternoon, but seem to have calmed down now. And it snowed briefly too.

N&G we used to get wood mice at our last house, in the garage where the bird food was kept. They were always “rehomed” across the road in the park, but maybe the same one just kept finding its way back! I think they’re rather sweet too.

Susan that is a lovely photo of a bonny little chap who is thoroughly engaged with what is going on!

callgirl I hope your son is getting better, and glad he’s in good hands.

Morethan ?

Nannytopsy I envy you your hares. We used to see them in our valley, but they seem to have disappeared now.

Well, I must away. I made chocolate cupcakes yesterday as DH is missing his sweet treats, so when I have iced them I will leave some in the kitchen for you before he gets his mits on them! To those I have missed, TOYA.

Carillion01 Mon 30-Mar-20 09:29:18

Morethan, Callgirl, Kitty sending love and prayers xxx
??????

Smileless2012 Mon 30-Mar-20 09:49:34

Tara's a little character isn't she Charleygirlsmile. Dylan can open a door if he's able to sit high enough and push down on the handle. Can you imagine the pair of them under the same roof; they'd drive us pottygrin.

I'm sorry that your son's unwell callgirl a very worrying time for youflowers.

Resilient little so and so's those NITS aren't they MawB that must have been a shock for your DD.

That looks delicious fatgran.

I hope you get your DH's appointment and your medication sorted out today dragonfly.

We had wintry showers here too Greyduster and strong winds, it was more like winter than spring. Let's hope we get some better weather soon which I'm sure will cheer us all up even if our enjoyment of it is limited due to isolation.

Stay safe everyone TOYA

annsixty Mon 30-Mar-20 09:49:52

Good morning all callgirl special thoughts and prayers are winging their way to you and your son.
This also includes all of you with worries about your own illness and those of H’s and C
We have enough personal worries without the dreaded virus to further complicate matters.
A poignant day for me today, my H’s birthday, the first without him.
Bless him he would have been 84, but it has been several years since he understood the significance of the day.
I do know I was lucky to have had him for so long and I feel so glad he isn’t here now , in lockdown in his care home or hospital, that is where he was on his last birthday.
“Enough already” of the sad talk, have as good a day as you can everyone.

Nannytopsy Mon 30-Mar-20 09:51:57

I know what they mean!

Izabella Mon 30-Mar-20 10:40:50

I am sorry for the wobbles reported in the kitchen. We all get them, but we are a tenacious lot and they will pass (until the next one) morethan thinking of you. galen we were too later for the proseco so opened a bottle of fizz last night. CH, rather amusingly, has a wine chiller in the office. He says it frees up 'fridge space.

Put the deckchairs away yesterday as the hail rained down on us. We managed to put more radish seeds into the earth. The porch is full of seedlings and this mornings job is to prick out the chinese mustard seed ones.

CH made more bread yesterday and I watched a film called Contagion for light relief ?. Amazing how many parallels to the current situation. Very interesting from the public health point of view.

The sky has a diffuse light as if I am looking out through a net curtain. Its 7 degrees apparently but we have a lazy breese. The sort that cuts right through clothing, so it feels much colder. A heron has just flown in.

Watching the stock in the fields from the window, and the birds I wonder what vibes they pick up from the peace and tranquillity the lockdown has produced. Not a vapour trail in sight, and no police drones today either.

Sorry I am waffling on so will close now. Thanks to pal Kate for helping my memory in this posting. What would we all do without the contact enabling technology we all have these days?

Keep safe everyone.

silverlining48 Mon 30-Mar-20 11:10:53

Hello Izabella you sound very busy with your seedlings, hope it all grows to maturity and you can enjoy it in the summer. You have a nice way with words and your descriptions.
Our lettuice seeds have taken but the others stubbornly refuse to show themselves, will have to be patient.
Morethan flowers so pleased you all have a littke respite.
Wishing you all a good day, and though i dont always post I enjoy reading all the posts.

Izabella Mon 30-Mar-20 12:04:40

Felt I just HAD to come back. I unearthed my Radio Caroline 60's flashback CD's and am happily singing along KNOWING ALL THE WORDS. I know this is a feature of Alzheimers but it is just so wonderful to have that feeling of total connection again. Bliss.

Sorry if I sound conceited when so many have problems.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 30-Mar-20 12:37:34

Izabella no need to apologise in this kitchen, enjoy your singing x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion