Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(91 Posts)
12Michael Mon 30-Mar-20 06:56:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright clear sky this morning here in Brackley and I have overslept .
Its the clock changing routine , its caught up with me .
Anyway, a quite day today, do not intend to do to much apart from housework.
Mick

Scentia Mon 30-Mar-20 07:09:25

Good Morning Mick, from East Staffordshire. I was getting worried Michael!!
Off to work this morning as it is the end of the month and year end too so I have lots of stuff to tie up, plus I have a parcel arriving at the factory today or tomorrow.
A surgeon at our towns hospital died over the weekend, he was 55☹️ I have taken my FiL to see him a few times in the past with his ears, it really brought it close to home and my DH and I are just that little bit more scared now.
There was a party at a house locally which was broken up by the police on Saturday night 25 people, it makes me so cross.
Take care everyone and keep yourselves safe.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 30-Mar-20 07:15:15

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Scentia if it was the party in the press, how stupid were they? They have potentially got the death of someone on their hands!!!!! We had a much loved local Dr die with this dreaded virus last week, such a needless loss of life.

Mick hoping you do not get cabin fever now that you cannot have your daily trips out.

Exercising this morning, then ironing and baking for,me today.

Keep safe and well folks ?

Beechnut Mon 30-Mar-20 07:17:04

Good Morning everyone from another oversleeper. A dry and bright start on Severnside this morning.

I’ve a little admin to do and would like to make a start on a sewing item.

Stay safe all and have the best day you can ?

MawB Mon 30-Mar-20 07:19:00

Good morning from N Bucks where has started grey but may be brightening up.
That is sad news Scentia and I hope those party goers each get a hefty fine - I would admit to feeling more than cross.
Probably a quiet day for me too, although there are friends to catch up with and our book group is going to attempt a Group FaceTime meeting this afternoon.
I (sort of) got the hang of Zoom yesterday with all 3 DDs . But with this technology there is no escape from a bad hair day!
Wishing you all a pleasant day and relief for those with worries.

kittylester Mon 30-Mar-20 07:23:27

Morning all from a chilly North Leicestershire. There are quite a few clouds in the sky but I can also see some bright blue peeping through.

I think I will tackle the ironing today! sad

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 30-Mar-20 07:23:57

Good morning from east London, I do was one the hover’ for you Mick. Cool and a bit grey this morning; yesterday we had a few changes in the weather - sunny, hailstones, icy wind. I did go for a brief walk; I’ve noticed people don’t look at each other any more when passing although I’ve had a few people smile at me through the window when I’ve been sitting at the desk. Did a food stock take yesterday of the basement; we are not short of DP’s beer, actually quite surprising how much alcohol there is down there given he has a bottle of beer a day and I rarely drink. The foodbank has asked me if I’m still available as they’re trying to start issuing food from where I volunteer. I’ve said I will; I also volunteered for the Borough’s network to help but won’t do both. New song with Gareth today, I find myself responding to him even tho I tend to watch on catch up rather than live. Have a good day.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 30-Mar-20 07:25:56

Flip, first sentence‘I too was on the hover’.

NfkDumpling Mon 30-Mar-20 07:28:05

Morning All

Very black clouds in the west with the sun shining on them. No rain though - and surprisingly, the garden really needs it!

I’d saved myself a job to do today - but I can’t remember what it was. Too cold to want to titivate the garden and I’m banned from cooking as the freezer is full and we’re not using enough calories to warrant cake. Perhaps I’ll make a macrame owl, the plant holders are back in fashion so the owls can’t be far behind!

BlueSapphire Mon 30-Mar-20 07:30:41

Good morning everyone from a grey Northampton. Have been waiting for Mick to open up, and was getting a bit worried, so now relieved to see his post.

Freezing cold yesterday, but I did put some washing out and it had a good blow.

Very disappointed yesterday to find that the DVD Amazon sent me yesterday was not the one I ordered. Never mind, there's more important things to worry about.

Will do some washing again this morning, then cut the grass this afternoon. Oh, and going to make a cake - it will be a teabread. Was pleased to find I had all the ingredients in the cupboards, so the fruit and sugar have been soaking in strong tea overnight. Looking forward to that.

Take care everyone and have a good day.

cornergran Mon 30-Mar-20 07:36:19

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s grey and chilly in our corner of Somerset, seems less windy which is a bonus. Back to our week day routine. Mr C will be wielding a paint brush, two rooms to go. Admin for me. A walk after lunch then a chat on the phone with a friend. Local news tells us a bus driver working in our nearest city has died from the virus, so many lost lives. I simply can’t understand those partygoers Scentia. Mr C is off to make our morning cuppa then on with the day. Stay safe everyone, be gentle with yourselves.

Sark Mon 30-Mar-20 07:37:49

Good Morning everyone from Oxfordshire
Glad you're ok Michael I was getting a little worried!
Party! - people are so stupid Scentia
We are still waiting for news of my cousin who is a paramedic and in hospital with the virus.
Working mornings only now.
Stay safe

brook2704 Mon 30-Mar-20 07:38:00

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy Inverness morning
Quite a busy day yesterday with lots of family calls and general catching up. I’m genuinely surprised that my son and daughters are keeping in touch so much, it makes all the difference and I know Im lucky to have this support. MawB I know exactly what you mean about the hair !?
I’ve got my online exercise class this morning then if it’s dry enough some gardening later. My DH has got a long list of jobs to keep him busy ?
It’s Easter school holidays here so no additional pressure on DD2 for homeschooling although I think they’ll carry on a bit.
Thinking of everyone with struggles and worries
Take care ?

Ginny42 Mon 30-Mar-20 07:43:49

Good morning Mick and everyone. I've already been working this morning checking work for my DD! She likes to run things by me. Anyway, it's a little bit grey with a little bit of blue. The sky in Cheshire, not a new cardi!

I've just washed a kg of carrots in Fairy liquid, as you do. smile I'm going to make carrot and ginger soup with one of Jack Malone's recipes. Not keen on carrot soup, but with ginger and lemon juice, it's tempting.

I've stopped listening to the news now. Headlines only. I think I know enough now to stay safe and as I'm alone I'm concentrating on staying positive. Others have got far more to worry about than being bored. My young neighbour has tests for possible cancer today.

Take good care of yourselves everyone. flowers

Longdot20 Mon 30-Mar-20 07:58:06

My first post! So hi everybody.
Looking a bit grey down here in Devon, I have only just drawn the blinds to see this?
Looking forward to spending another day with my little dog Rosie finding something to keep us both occupied during our corona confinement!

Nannytopsy Mon 30-Mar-20 08:00:47

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Sunshine and hazy cloud here in Suffolk so I shall carry on with the landscaping. DH has been awake most of the night with pain in his leg so he is banned, once he wakes up.
I finished the ironing yesterday Kitty ? but there is more already.
Hope today is kind to everyone.

kittylester Mon 30-Mar-20 08:03:32

It's raining now in North Leicestershire!!

DoraMarr Mon 30-Mar-20 08:05:39

Good morning from Birmingham, where it is cloudy, but with the sun peeping through. I had a cough and a few symptoms of the virus over the weekend, so will not be going for my usual walk for a week while I isolate- very annoying, but although I feel well today it is only fair. I have a phone conversation instead of an appointment about my eye- I guess the doc will just be checking nothing has changed. Apart from that, it will be a day of keeping busy, and I will finish reading “Love in the time of Cholera” before starting “La Peste”!
Have as good a day as possible, everyone!

Ginny42 Mon 30-Mar-20 08:08:38

Welcome Longdot20. You will find this gentle thread good to waken up to each morning.

conor Mon 30-Mar-20 08:09:11

Good morning from a cloudy Essex. Didn't get a chance to post yesterday as so many texts, messages, jokes to read, that the morning was over before I knew it.
It was Great Niece's 1st birthday and a big family party was planned but we had an almost virtual party online!
I have ordered a pair of sandals, so am I being optimistic that I will have a chance to wear them outdoors?
Another housework day and still finding things to clean and declutter. Also have workout with Joe and singing with Gareth. What a busy day!
Wishing everyone the best day under the circumstances xxxx

Pittcity Mon 30-Mar-20 08:12:09

Good morning from Colchester where the sun is peeking out from behind the cloud. Much colder than last week. We had plenty of rain, hail and sleet yesterday with a bitter wind.
DH topped up our shopping yesterday in an eerily quiet Lidl, so our only foray out will be for exercise. We are lucky to have lovely walks from our front door.
Much love to all.

GabriellaG54 Mon 30-Mar-20 08:15:59

Good morning everyone ?
The sky pictured on my way to M&S, no queue when I arrived here. Been to Waitrose at 07.30.
Plenty on shelves.

Have a good day ??

brook2704 Mon 30-Mar-20 08:17:45

Welcome Longdot20 ?

Brunette10 Mon 30-Mar-20 08:20:29

Good Morning from a bright Fife, think it's going to turn out a nice day. Running out of chores but will get thinking cap on to see what else I can do. Will only be out for a short while for our exercise today. Look after yourselves everyone and keep safe.

Marydoll Mon 30-Mar-20 08:21:08

Good morning all from a chilly, but sunny Glasgow. It's only 2 degrees.

I've been busy putting a maths puzzle on GN, we had such fun yesterday. I know, getting fun from a maths puzzle, there's now't stranger than folk ? It was all the banter I loved.

DH and I went out early yesterday for a walk along our woooded lane to get the papers. We never saw a single soul and the lady in the usually busy shop, told DH they had no customers up to that point I fear it may go bust as they work with really tight margins.☹️.
I felt quite uplifted when we came back, the bunch of wild daffodils I picked added to the pleasure. Simple things.

I have to admit to enjoying the tranquility my incarceration has brought. I know that seems perverse.
Ours is always a very busy household, with family, friends, neighbours coming and going.
However, I was beginning to feel swamped by all the demands, including hospital visits. I have been able to recharge my batteries and rest, without fear of upsetting anyone.☺️

Today, Auntieflo, I'm going to make Delia's Bap recipe for lunch. We have stale bread, so I intend to make good old Chicken Maryland, using the stale bread crumbs. This is one of DH' s favourite meals.
Unfortunately, there will be no banana fritters, ☹️ the bananas are fermenting merrily away.?

I sending my prayers and best wishes for all my virtual friends.
Keep safe everyone in these fearful times. ?