Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(92 Posts)
12Michael Mon 30-Mar-20 06:56:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright clear sky this morning here in Brackley and I have overslept .
Its the clock changing routine , its caught up with me .
Anyway, a quite day today, do not intend to do to much apart from housework.
Mick

Brunette10 Mon 30-Mar-20 08:21:16

Welcome Longdot20

NanKate Mon 30-Mar-20 08:21:29

Morning Mick and All.

Welcome Longdot you will find a good bunch of Gransnetters on this thread.

Surprised that I am finding things to do without resorting to the telly till the evening, other than Bargain Hunt at lunchtime.

Woke at 4.45 so went and got a cup of tea and a rich tea biscuit. My crunching must have woken DH. We did fortunately get back to sleep but I feel groggy now.

Curlywhirly Mon 30-Mar-20 08:23:21

Good morning from a cold, grey Cheshire. Still pottering about, doing little jobs around the house. Our lunchtime walk with the dog is now the main thing to look forward to. We are lucky that there a few lovely country walks near where we live. If we pass anyone, we all keep a safe distance and everyone says hello and smiles which, to be honest around these parts, is not unusual. For the last 3 nights we have chosen a film from Amazon Prime to watch; unfortunately they all had quite a lot of violence in them, so I never finished watching any of them. Must do more research before chosing any more! Welcome Longdot20 hope Rosie is keeping you occupied. Take care everyone.

Annapops Mon 30-Mar-20 08:24:31

Good morning all from my corner of County Durham. A grey day here too which looks to be quite chilly.
Ironing for me today, probably taking a lot more care than I normally do- well I do have the time.
I've been busy ordering games and activities for the GC as an Easter gift this year and admit to feeling rather shocked at how much I have spent. I must curb the desire to add more to the list of items.
I will be running for 30 minutes later today and taking part in an online dance class this afternoon, the latter really cheers me up.
Fresh air is also on the agenda, even if it's only in the garden.
I actually managed to get DH to clear his wardrobe of old clothes yesterday. What an achievement that was! All now stored in the loft until the day of freedom is announced.
Thinking of all those who are not in the best of health today, those isolated and alone with very little support. I hope the day can being them just a glimmer of happiness.
Stay as safe as you can everyone.

Gingster Mon 30-Mar-20 08:24:44

What would we do without our phones, I pads, computers etc. They really are a life saver. My WiFi went down for a while the other day and I nearly had a panic attack ?. We’re worse than the teenagers! My goddaughter In Australia messaged me yesterday to ask us to video a happy birthday message for her mums 70th and send it to her as she’s making a compilation video from all her friends. Top secret . I sent it to her in Oz and she immediately replied that she’d received it. Amazes me! We started school together at the age of 5 and have been best buddies ever since along with another very good friend. We were each other’s bridesmaids and godmother to each other’s children. So very special. We had lots of plans for our 70 birthdays this year. Never mind we’ll do them next year. Good morning Longdot and a very warm welcome. ?

NanKate Mon 30-Mar-20 08:24:46

Morning Mary. Chicken Maryland, scrumptious ?

Nana3 Mon 30-Mar-20 08:33:34

Good morning everyone and welcome to Longdot20 smile
I'm enjoying having my OH at home, I didn't expect us to get on so well all day long as he's a work acholic normally. I'm hoping it will encourage him to retire.
Stay safe grans.

mancgirl Mon 30-Mar-20 08:36:46

Hi from a bright but not sunny Manchester. I was up at 6 this morning, also waiting for Mick to open up shop. Started reading GN and got distracted by it, hence posting 2.5 hours later. So much stuff to read on here! Had a Zoom chat with the family last night. The little ones will say, "watch this and this, look what I can do". They don't know if they move away from the screen we can't see them but we can certainly hear them smile. Can find plenty to do, whether it's what I want to do is a different matter! One day this week I'm going in the loft to sort out old photos. That will take a while because I know I'll want to look at every one. Not sure how many will actually get thrown away. Hello longdot. Have the best day you can. (((.)))

dragonfly46 Mon 30-Mar-20 08:40:42

Good morning from damp Leicestershire.

A stressful day in store chasing up hospital appointments and new prescriptions especially as I am not allowed out. Apparently apart from not sleeping together using the same bathroom as my DH we are not supposed to eat together!

aggie Mon 30-Mar-20 08:44:14

Good Morning all from an overcast CoArmagh, the breeze is emphasising the cold !
We have a lovely group in the village that get together to plant up the tubs and window boxes in the main streets , we found it cheered up the place . Naturally all has been suspended just now , but one Gardening Angel has planted up lovely spring boxes and sneaked them out yesterday , what a lovely surprise ! Much appreciated

Grammaretto Mon 30-Mar-20 08:46:10

Good morning everyone from the Scottish Borders where it looks to be another gorgeous day. We almost got burned yesterday on our walk around the garden.

First week of total lock down completed. It's strange relying on others to shop for us, however wonderful the treats. It makes me feel terribly old and feeble.

What worries me is when something breaks and I haven't a clue how to fix it. At least no bones were broken.

Brunette I never run out of chores!

welcome Longdot20 here's a wave to Devon. [wave]

I agree MawB, about answering a call with the video, especially first thing in the morning, .

Not much on the agenda today but take care everyone. I don't think there's a UTube video for putting your own leg in a splint.

Greyduster Mon 30-Mar-20 08:47:28

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Bright in the east and dark clouds in the West here - rain coming. We managed to get a walk yesterday without running into too many folks and everyone was sensible and cheerful. Today will be an “in” day of starting a spring clean - hmm the cobwebs are taking over! I made chocolate cupcakes yesterday so I will rustle up some icing for them later. Welcome Longdot and Rosie! Have a safe, calm day folks.

NannyJan53 Mon 30-Mar-20 08:49:19

Good Morning from a cold and grey Black Country. This was all so much bearable last week when we had the sun!

I too saw the news about that party! Un-flippin-believable! (that is the censored version!) So sad too about the consultant, he is someone we really need right now!

I really cannot remember what I did yesterday, each day is starting to merge into the other.

Today I will make a malt loaf, as the one I made a week ago is almost eaten (mostly by my partner ) smile It is a very easy recipe, as it needs no eggs or fats. I will put the recipe in the Food section later if anyone is interested.

Welcome to this thread Longdot20, it is a welcome haven from the madness!

Wishing you all a safe day

Anniebach Mon 30-Mar-20 08:53:16

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Susan56 Mon 30-Mar-20 08:59:56

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.
Well yesterday seemed to fly by.Had another video and pictures from family.We are messaging but not FaceTiming at the moment as DGD has been getting tearful,she normally stays with us a couple of days a week and is upset she can’t see us.Yesterday she told us she is coming to stay for 11 days as soon as she can!
Got a list for today,will order food from the local deli again.
Welcome Longdot ??
Have the best day you can everyone and stay safe.

moggie Mon 30-Mar-20 09:04:46

Good morning Mick & all from cloudy, dry Nottingham.
Welcome Longdot20
Short walk y’day, it was very chilly.
Ironing still waiting, will do today.
Online exercise class later.
flowers dragonfly hope your day isn’t too stressful.
Take care everyone, have a good day.

Lins1066 Mon 30-Mar-20 09:06:33

Good Morning Mick and all. I overslept too.
It is a bright and sunny morning on the S Welsh coast.
Welcome * Longdot20*.
Will do some laundry today and look for NannyJan's malt loaf recipe.
DH looked at the council website and our garden waste collection has been stopped until further notice. They should have been around this morning.
Hope we all keep well and occupied today.

harrigran Mon 30-Mar-20 09:12:48

Good morning from a dry but not quite sunny NE.
DD rang me from Brussels yesterday and we had a chat, she is working from home with video calls but has an eye infection which is made worse by long hours in front of the screen.
We have run out of bread and we are going to need some milk soon but I am really worried about DH going out.
Sitting looking out of the window saw the lady across the street had visitors turn up and the car was still there four hours later. Mind goes into overdrive, is she okay ?
The person I talk to on messenger most of the time is my younger sister but she was ill yesterday so it was a quiet day.
Take care everyone.

vena11 Mon 30-Mar-20 09:16:37

Good morning from a sunny at the moment Bristol.
Welcome Longdot20
Washing today machine on and a few other chores and a walk in the afternoon if it stays dry.
We had a great skype with my DSister and BIL last night.
Hope all have a good day.

gillybob Mon 30-Mar-20 09:18:49

Good morning from the North East coast where we have a bright but cold start to Monday (used to be my worst day of the week, but they’re all pretty much the same now) .

Managed a little circuit walk yesterday along the sea front and through the park then back home. There were more police officers about than anyone else. I couldn’t help but notice that they were walking very close to each other . Seems so strange to see the place so deserted .

Had a long chat with DS last night who’s anxiety levels are getting a bit out of control and I’m not sure what I can do to help him. Begging me not to leave the house when I go,d him I had a been for a brisk walk.

Well that’s all very well and good if you have a huge house/estate/grounds dragonfly but it would impossible in my little terraced house.

The HMRC are doing a webinar this afternoon that I have signed up for so I hope I can get some vital information with regards to paying the lads .

Thinking of all my lovely Gransnet friends. Stay safe and well everyone.

Love Gillybob xx

Auntieflo Mon 30-Mar-20 09:22:17

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all.
We are getting to be real 'slugabeds'. 9.12 and still here, with our tea.
I saw one of the puzzles on line yesterday, then another one this morning, ( that's where I've been). Marydoll, you are a lady of many talents. Hats off to you.
By the way, looking through my cook books, I realised I had a different Mary Berry recipe for Baps, using plain flour. Also re:- the bananas, I gave in and made a Banana Loaf, as I thought it would make the bananas go further than just using them in a pud. So I can freeze slices. Have you ever frozen complete bananas?
NannyJan, please post your recipe.
I have been crocheting a Tiger Beanie hat for GGS, and it is now finished, all bar his whiskers. He wanted a tiger toy, but as I couldn't find a pattern, thought as he likes dressing up, a hat would be a good substitute.
My tum is now rumbling so will have to get up.

Hope everyone is managing to stay sane and as well as possible.
Have a good day one and all.

EllanVannin Mon 30-Mar-20 09:28:55

Good Morning All x.
Dull heavy looking sky and rather nippy with it. Sorry I hadn't done my bit of washing yesterday when it was sunny and blowy, not to worry there's certainly plenty of time for again.smile

I wish people would stick to their restrictions. I've been reading about some airheads still partying with no consideration for others at all. If they did but know it the 1968 Hong Kong 'flu happened in two waves, the second wave killing more than the first.
This pandemic being even more severe will take far longer than 6 months " normality " purely because people don't/ won't heed orders.

Some tidying up and perhaps a drawer or two to sort out, but I'll have a read of the paper first. May also make a fruit loaf from the sultanas that have been in the cupboard since Christmas.

I'm thinking that if/when things go back to how they were, will cleanliness and spraying of public transport continue ??

Hoping everyone is remaining well and finding plenty to occupy the time. In a way this must be how prison feels, not good is it ?
Take great care and stay safe. xx

gillybob Mon 30-Mar-20 09:29:25

Our LA have closed the recycling centre and the tip Lins . I really can’t understand why ? It’s a very modern facility and it’s not as though anyone comes into contact with each other . They have also suspended green bin collections (even though it’s something that you pay extra for I doubt there will be any refunds) and they are cutting down on all waste collections. I can see problems when all this waste starts building up . The seagulls will have a field day.

Urmstongran Mon 30-Mar-20 09:31:02

Good morning everyone from Malaga where the sky is blue with just a few white puff ball clouds - not dissimilar to your lovely photo Gabriella!

It’s so dark here in a morning now so I rolled over and slept a bit longer. I’m on my second cuppa.

Our eldest daughter rang just now as she wanted to read me an article from The Guardian which had us both howling with laughter. I haven’t laughed so hard in weeks - my sides ached! - and her shrieking laughter set me off on a loop! We have a similar sense of humour- it was a wonderful start to my day! Read it if you can - it was about a 27y old PHD super smart guy playing with magnets as he was bored in self isolation!

Hello to you Longdot ? it’s lovely to have you join us.

Hope Monday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone. x

ninathenana Mon 30-Mar-20 09:40:37

Good morning from sunny Kent.

I've been up since 7am but only just got around to posting. DH has been out for his walk to collect a paper. He only saw 2 people instead of the usual dozen or more.
I will potter around trying to find chores to do whilst DH "fiddles" in his workshop.
Stay safe everyone.