Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(92 Posts)
12Michael Mon 30-Mar-20 06:56:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright clear sky this morning here in Brackley and I have overslept .
Its the clock changing routine , its caught up with me .
Anyway, a quite day today, do not intend to do to much apart from housework.
Mick

Janiepops Mon 30-Mar-20 14:28:26

This is a proper game changer ladies, it’s brilliant and easy.

An app called Houseparty, the same as Skype and FaceTime, but allows multiple people at once split screen! So my 6 sons,wives, kids, and myself and husband ALL on together!! Hilarious, and wonderful. I have sons local ( loughborough), Notts, Reading, and Virginia USA. There is an option to play games, so we played charades, word games, quick drawing games, but, mostly, we talked and laughed. Great for all of us with AC spread across the globe ???

Brunette10 Mon 30-Mar-20 14:41:50

Quite a few more Marydoll - can I have some please wink

Taichinan Mon 30-Mar-20 15:19:47

I have just Seen us oldies described as people in their wisdom years. That is perfect, and from now on that is what we are! People in Our Wisdon Years unite!! ?. POWY.

Janiepops Mon 30-Mar-20 15:26:07

Love it Taichinan, I will definitely use that, as it is an accurate description! ???

Auntieflo Mon 30-Mar-20 15:33:50

Just popped back in and Marydoll, they look so scrummy.

They are so evenly sized, I know you said you found a tin at Aldi, but I have never seen anything like that.

The only time I had a tin for a specific purpose was when I was at school and mum bought me an eclair tin. Not a success.

I went through all the faff of making and baking them. They came out of the oven like chips, and I had the cheek to try and split them and put cream inside. So never tried since.

Grannmarie Mon 30-Mar-20 15:38:03

Good afternoon, Mick and all.

I was up early, but avoided TV/radio/media for a while...

Bright and breezy in Lanarkshire so I stripped the bed and hung all washing outside. Potted up some pansies, primula and dwarf iris on the patio. Swept up and hosed down, keeping busy outdoors is definitely good distraction.

Janiepops, hello.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but I have just seen a warning about Houseparty, apparently it can hack into spotifys, Snapchat and even online banking. Don't know if this is genuine but you may want to check it out.

Take care everyone.

Did someone mention tablet??!grin

Marydoll Mon 30-Mar-20 15:51:34

I did and I have to admit it's quite tasty. Despite being interrupted by a face time from DGD, complete with bleeding nose, it wasn't ruined! ?

Grannmarie Mon 30-Mar-20 16:18:04

Aww, hope the wee one is okay, Marydoll.

My sister had a recipe for microwave tablet, must ask her how it turned out!

Lisagran Mon 30-Mar-20 16:45:15

Janiepops you might want to try Zoom instead - said to be ‘safer’ than House party?

Janiepops Mon 30-Mar-20 18:21:58

Thankyou Lisagran, I’ll try that tonight. ???

Janiepops Mon 30-Mar-20 18:25:29

Scary Granmarie, thanks for letting me know, wonder if bad rumours are sometimes started by competitors? ?‍♀️

Scentia Mon 30-Mar-20 18:54:30

janiepops
I downloaded houseparty and my DH and I have just had the most amazing half chat hour with our DGS and DD.
My son builds apps for a living and he has it, so, if it was at all suspect he would have said no to getting it, don’t worry!
Thanks for telling me about this I am missing DGS so much and he was laughing at his grandad as usual so was not at all bothered about our virtual contact.

Grannmarie Mon 30-Mar-20 20:31:01

You're welcome, Janiepops, it's getting harder to tell what is real and what is fake nowadays..

We enjoyed a three way screen WhatsApp video call with family and new grandchild, so thankful for the technology to keep in touch with loved ones during this difficult time.

GabriellaG54 Mon 30-Mar-20 23:28:46

I wonder why they all look different...the baps.

GabriellaG54 Mon 30-Mar-20 23:32:09

I believe that Camilla has that app and loves it and doubt there is anything dicey if Cami uses it.

Marydoll Mon 30-Mar-20 23:33:42

Gabriella, not sure what you mean. ??