Gransnet forums

Chat

Another moan about husbands - sorry!

(158 Posts)
Luckylegs Mon 30-Mar-20 13:45:12

I do hope Grandad isn’t lurking to leap onto this thread but I really have to let off steam somehow. I’m in the vulnerable group and my husband is looking after me wonderfully but he’s driving me mad literally!

I made a shopping list and he’s been shopping but decided what he would get, not necessarily what I wanted! He’s now returned and obsessively taking everything out of their packets and rewrapping them in cling film! Biscuits! They’ll all go soft immediately! He insisted on going to Booths which is very expensive compared to Aldi and doesn’t have everything I wanted. I know, I know this is terrible of me moaning about it but he is driving me mad. Please tell me I’m not on my own and I won’t get told off?

phoenix Mon 30-Mar-20 20:44:22

Oh, am I loving this! grin

Do you think he polishes his own brogues, or leaves it to the "little woman" (or "women" as he accidentally? posted once, hence the reference to the Handmaids Tale) a

Tummy tubs and floppy sausages are too much to think of in these circumstances, I'm away to swoon (ladies don't faint, they swoon) possibly clutching my pearls and waving a lace edged, lavender scented hanky.

GrannyLaine Mon 30-Mar-20 20:55:48

Hope you're wearing a twinset with those pearls phoenix

phoenix Mon 30-Mar-20 21:00:26

Of course! Well, sort of..........blush I don't suppose a t shirt and matching zip up hoodie actually count, do they?

Davidhs Mon 30-Mar-20 21:02:56

Pearls are good, natural of course, classy.

GrannyLaine Mon 30-Mar-20 21:22:26

phoenix
Hmmmmm. I think it could count. But you might look a bit of a twit with pearls as well. Unless the t shirt and hoodie are cashmere. Then you would be the epitome of chic.

fatgran57 Mon 30-Mar-20 21:25:28

I LOVE you women. What a group!

You are so funny you should be writing a comedy series about a pompous little man and his (long-suffering) wife.

Hang on though wasn't there one with Arthur Lowe( aka Captain Mainwaring) called Potter about just such a character?

Perhaps we should re-name our friend "Potter"?

Grandmafrench Mon 30-Mar-20 21:36:42

I honestly fear that Vrai Papy is no more. The last few posts on the long-suffering (!) Mr.P's cabbage extravaganza sounded like someone different, a Faux Papy. The tone has changed, the pompous little guy has all but disappeared and been replaced by someone a lot younger and who struggles (even more) with grammar in a style which is too modern. That is simply IMO - I do hope I'm wrong because DH and I are in real need of these laughs and a Sunday morning in the sun when he read out all the posts to me, as I sprayed my garden bench with coffee, was a real Covid killer (not literally, unfortunately). Keep it up "Mr P" and TerriBull, but ....... be aware, you are Strong Wimmin, don't be fooled !

SirChenjin Mon 30-Mar-20 21:51:00

There definitely seems to be a couple of people behind Papy’s posts - the long winded one, pompous one who provides fascinating glimpses into the glamorous world of the haulage trade and H&S legislation (I think you’ll find it’s page 389, subclause 2, paragraph 54 SirChenjin, and not paragraph 53 as you claimed in your post of 21:34 Quote [ ] Unquote - and I will leave leave it to other posters to judge you for your transportation error) and the one who can barely string a coherent sentence together. Are they part of the same WhatsApp BigUpMen (BUM for short) group, each getting a shot of the keyboard, I wonder?

phoenix Mon 30-Mar-20 21:55:47

Oooh, now theres a thought!

GrannyLaine Mon 30-Mar-20 21:56:45

Grandmafrench
I too had noticed the change of style and syntax. I have been looking at the way he writes for a while and for someone who tries to write in such an old fashioned style, he often makes little slips which aren't typos. When he referred to 'mates' in a recent post it didn't ring true. I think Faux Papy indeed!

SirChenjin Mon 30-Mar-20 22:00:37

Dissociative identity disorder? One of the lorry drivers doing the typing for him? GrannyMainwaring defending her man?

Grandad1943 Mon 30-Mar-20 22:20:53

Well, I have witnessed it all now. SirChenjin having been trounced in regard to obsessing about misandry on the other thread, in which I had not even mentioned the subject, she then comes on this thread to talk about me in a thread I have not even entered.

And that coming from a forum member who has stated she never talks about anyone behind their back. ???

Priceless.

phoenix Mon 30-Mar-20 22:28:33

SirChenjin Mon 30-Mar-20 22:31:12

Now - which Papy are you?

Curlywhirly Mon 30-Mar-20 22:52:45

Grandmafrench I had the same thought as you - our H & S expert seems to have had a personality change, there's a definite difference in writing style and content. At first I just thought he must have mellowed, but now think we have an impostor. The plot thickens!

phoenix Mon 30-Mar-20 23:00:22

Please God tell me hasn't replicated himself.

(Feel free to substitute your own word for "replicated")

Same (or relatively so) society should be immunised against him, and if there's more than one, they might breed! shock

Just imagine, all those polished brogues and cavalry twill clad legs marching along, doffing hats left right and centre..............

Go on, GNHQ, delete the post and suspend me.

phoenix Mon 30-Mar-20 23:01:08

"Sane" not "same" aarghh!

fatgran57 Mon 30-Mar-20 23:06:41

"mates" is a very Australian term hmm

Grandad1943 Mon 30-Mar-20 23:08:07

For SirChenjin and others who love talking about people behind their back, I have for my entire life suffered from a mild form of dyslexia . in that, until a few years back I and many others could not engage in social media sites easily as full Word processors only contained within a PC were required for persons such as me to engage in written text without it being proofread by others prior to release.

However, in recent years apps such as Grammarly have come to mobile devices which allows for persons such as myself to engage much more easily in social media sites.

Grammarly only allows for a formal style of writing unless any jargon is entered and saved into the directory manually for use. Other than the foregoing any jargon is immediately changed by the app.

So now all who have speculated in regard to my writing style are aware.

In regard to Terribull also trying to place a misandry label on me then that is once again is obviously nothing more than Terribullsh*t. ???

phoenix Mon 30-Mar-20 23:10:04

FFS.

SirChenjin Mon 30-Mar-20 23:12:57

I certainly smell bullsh*t and it ain’t coming from Terri.

Grandad1943 Mon 30-Mar-20 23:15:42

Phoenix in regard to your post @23:00 today, what a rant, surely you are much better than that. ??

Grandad1943 Mon 30-Mar-20 23:18:57

Oh SirChenjin, I suppose you will be off to another thread now to discuss me in the hope I will not be aware. ???

Grandad1943 Mon 30-Mar-20 23:22:32

Well what an entertaining evening. Goodnight all. ???

GrannyLaine Mon 30-Mar-20 23:23:41

Grandad I think you and I both know that Grammarly checks for grammatical mistakes and advises on the tone of your writing. wink