Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(105 Posts)
12Michael Tue 31-Mar-20 06:15:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley looks like its been wet at some point.
Yet another day of self isolate , this morning looking at essentials I need to get to last me in the toiletries area.
I like using Brut as anti persistent , but i am using some other stuff I have as I am not going off on buses .
maybe play CD`s watch TV , cycling sport wise check to see what repeat is being shown.
Mick

Ginny42 Tue 31-Mar-20 08:16:59

Good morning Mick and all. It's a rainy start here in Cheshire, but the sky is brighter than when I first got up and the garden will benefit from some rain.

I too can laugh all over again at Victoria Wood's step class Mythbirtthegragon. She was so talented. Watched several episodes of The Durrells on Netflix last night, which is novel for me as I can go for days and not turn the TV on.

Neighbours topped up my food store yesterday as I don't qualify for any special deliveries and the earliest delivery slot I could get from Morrison's is May. They took my £35 delivery payment though. smile

Walking in the woods like total strangers with my neighbours at 9.00, but I wouldn't walk there alone. Getting on with a painting today and some baking.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Grammaretto Tue 31-Mar-20 08:18:28

Good morning Mick from the Scottish Borders where it has been raining overnight.
I wish I'd learned Tai Chi. It looks like the right sort of exercise for lock-down unlike yoga which involves too much lying down and sitting.

I have a virtul yoga class this morning.
Otherwise will be, like Mick, looking for repeats I still want to watch on TV.

We had another goodie bag from a volunteer yesterday which included 2 pumpkins and a home made apricot loaf!
I must say I am not missing supermarkets at all.

Have as best a day as you can everyone.

Lins1066 Tue 31-Mar-20 08:20:27

Welcome SusieB50 I'm sorry to hear of your loss ?, glad you have good neighbours though.

Urmstongran Tue 31-Mar-20 08:24:53

Good morning everyone from Malaga on Day 17 of our 29 day lockdown. It rained hard during the night and the clouds over the mountains are black. Ooh-er!

It’s a bit Groundhog Day again but better bored than poorly. Actually I say bored but I’ve got my Kindle and we are only halfway through the box set of Breaking Bad. Watching 2 episodes a night will see us through to the end of this period of quarantine. I fully expect it to be extended and bet there’ll be an announcement later this week.

ninathenana I always switch my text alert off at bedtime and put it back on when I make my morning cuppa!
?

Last day of March. Hasn’t it dragged? Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone. x

Sar53 Tue 31-Mar-20 08:31:17

Good morning everyone from a very bright and sunny Essex by the sea, but cold and windy though.
Tea loaf to make this morning, fruit has been soaking overnight. Soup, made from the chicken carcass from Sunday and vegetables, with a fresh loaf for dinner. We really are using everything we have, trying not to waste anything. Only doing a food shop once a week.
I shall put the washing machine on and vacuum the floors.
Spoke to younger daughter on WhatsApp video calling yesterday. 2 year old granddaughter hid her face for lots of the time but did eventually talk to me, 11 year old showed me the pictures she has painted.
If it doesn't rain we will go for a walk later, luckily we live in a quiet part of the coast and can walk in almost isolation.
Have a pleasant and safe day everyone xx

aggie Tue 31-Mar-20 08:33:52

Good Morning all from a very foggy CoArmagh , I am coming down with something , feeling cold and shivery , no temp , but I don’t have a thermometer. No cough so don’t think it is the Virus

Ginny42 Tue 31-Mar-20 08:39:10

Oh dear aggie, that sounds unpleasant but hopefully just a cold. Take the usual cold remedies and hope it clears up quickly. flowers

NannyJan53 Tue 31-Mar-20 08:41:16

Welcome to GN and this thread SusieB50 . So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear husband flowers

Grannmarie Tue 31-Mar-20 08:41:46

Welcome, SusieB50 thanks

conor Tue 31-Mar-20 08:43:18

Good morning from a sunny Essex. Busy day yesterday with online work out, yoga and music. I was going to record my song for Gareth last night when I realised it had to be a video!! So better get hair/make up and a smart top ready today! Hope everyone is coping in these uncertain times xxx

Gingster Tue 31-Mar-20 08:44:26

Good morning all from a sunny Suffolk coast. Had our usual walk along the beach yesterday and didn’t see another soul. Very strange! I too pulled rhubarb from the garden and had a lovely crumble. Stocks are running a bit low and DH is pestering for a shop, but I think we’re ok for another few days. Our local co op workers dont have masks or gloves and I wasn’t happy to be in there last week. We certainly weren’t 2 metres away from each other in there. Perhaps we’ll use the small corner shop. A peaceful day to all. ?

dragonfly46 Tue 31-Mar-20 08:48:43

Good morning from a sunny Leicestershire.

Hopefully a local small shop delivery today. Just had my first milk delivery.

Greyduster Tue 31-Mar-20 08:51:04

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A reasonably bright day today so we will venture out later to do the covid tango with everyone else venturing out! Yesterday was an in day, washing down all the paintwork on the hall, stairs and landing and banishing cobwebs in hard to reach places. Yesterday I ate a portion of wondrous lamb stew my grandson had made, and saved for me. I emailed him a glowing restaurant review! He was tickled pink. Small things that are making them wheels go round.....
Have a good, safe day folks.

Brunette10 Tue 31-Mar-20 08:54:06

Good Morning from Fife, it looks as if the sun could break through. I cannot believe that I have slept until ten minutes ago, why am I so tired? Never ever sleep as long as this. Feels strange to be getting up at this time. Never mind, my body must need it wink. Boredom is setting in, can't think what we are going to do today apart from our usual tidying up house and garden and doing the odd brain exercise. Have our walk in afternoon to pick up prescription and that's it. Hoping everyone is looking after themselves, keep safe.

Anniebach Tue 31-Mar-20 08:55:46

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Marydoll Tue 31-Mar-20 09:08:28

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, it's 6C and I'm still in bed!. My RA has flared up a bit and I have hay fever! ?
I feel as someone is sitting on my face!!!

Afraid to take antihistamines on top of my many pills ( I had read the leaflets in medication packets, first and was wary of taking them ?) I asked my GP who had called me on an other matter, what to do. He advised me to take them, as an asthma flare up in the circumstances is not a good idea. The irony of it all. I should have been in hospital yesterday. starting my new, ( miracle?,) RA treatment.☹️

A very special welcome to all the newbies, you will find lots of support here. SusieB50, ?, Liljan,, that's great that your husband is managing to get to his appointment, I've been told it's too risky and all mine have been postponed.☹️
I hope it goes well.

I made tablet yesterday for my neighbours, who are also close friends. They were coming to the wedding and were getting bags of tablet, as part of the favours.
So last night, when all was quiet, I donned latex gloves, filled bags with tablet, and delivered them. Leaving them on doorsteps, I rang their doorbells and ran away. ( They are all isolating).
I felt like a child again, ringing bells and running away.
I remember one time, a crowd of us doing it, running away, only to find my mother awaiting us, as we came round the side of the house. I didn't do that again in a hurry.?

A quiet day today, I think. A wee bit of pottering in the garden, if I loosen up. I will need to keep busy or I will gorge on the tablet, it's totally addictive.☺️
DH and I had planned a short walk down the wooded lane, but my neighbour told me I shouldn't do it, as I will get Corona virus, from the trees!??. Anyone ever heard of this??

One piece of good news, the owner of the wedding venue has deposited a considerable part what we paid into our daughter,'s bank account.It appears, the insurers were stalling and we decided to go for it. The owner has so much bad publicity in our town, that he had to do something as damage limitation.
We will now contact our credit card provider to persue a claim.

Enjoy your day, the best you can. Keep safe, everyone.

gillybob Tue 31-Mar-20 09:15:17

Good morning from the NE coast where we had heavy rain earlier and a lot more to come if the grey sky is anything to go by . Didn’t have a very good sleep. Too much going through my mind to rest.

Had a long chat with DD and little GD on FaceTime yesterday which ended up with DD being very upset (again) she is taking this so hard, I really wish there was a way I could bring them here . sad

Spoke to my dad who is managing really well . I’m still shopping for him every week (as usual) and I made sure he had plenty to last ... my sister (now moved in with the boyfriend ) had the cheek to say she was dropping him a homemade shepherds pie off last night and would leave it on the doorstep. Doesn’t it just show what someone can do if they want to? Couldn’t help but feel a bit cross (as in its only taken how many years? ) but decided to let it go.

Lots to do to finish the end of year stuff for work ....but can’t muster the energy to go. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday ?

A warm Good Morning Welcome to SusieB50 hope to see you here often. smile

Hoping we all stay well (and relatively sane) and hoping for some much needed sunshine in our lives ver soon.

Love Gillybob xx

Urmstongran Tue 31-Mar-20 09:15:42

Just finished my toast and jam. Himself is already peeling the potatoes for dinner .... he must be bored!
?

Mapleleaf Tue 31-Mar-20 09:16:26

Good morning all,
The sun has disappeared and it's quite cloudy now.
Just been watching the birds squabbling at the feeders - especially the starlings. They all amuse me with their antics. I keep telling them to ration their food as supplies are short, but do they listen? ??
Not sure what exciting things I'll fill my day with, but a walk is definitely on the cards and then, joy of joys, more ironing. ?
Actually, I don't mind ironing, but when I think that normally I'd be off out somewhere with my friend or meeting at either of our houses for coffee and catch-up, it doesn't really compare! Oh well, needs must. I will ring her though.
Welcome SusieB50. Sorry to read of the recent loss of your DH ?.
Take care, everyone.

gillybob Tue 31-Mar-20 09:18:46

Oh I adore tablet Marydoll . I remember many years ago at one of the Meet ups of the Scottish contingency Granny23 made some of the most delicious tablet. Melt in the mouth stuff. Not sure it will taste the same made South of the Border even if it is just the tiniest bit over . smile

gillybob Tue 31-Mar-20 09:20:43

We are getting a lot of seagulls in our garden at the minute Mapleleaf . Frightening all the usual birds away. Living so close to the seaside they are used to raiding the bins for chip packets etc. And pinching the bread from the ducks on the little lake but with no visitors they are getting desperate .

Grandmafrench Tue 31-Mar-20 09:21:15

Morning everyone. So sad for you SusieB, glad you have kindness around you.

31st today? Finally. I’m so hoping to wake tomorrow and find that we’ve all been hoodwinked by The Worst April Fool’s Day joke, ever! Sadly not.

Expecting delivery of my dryer this morning. Dread anyone coming near the house now that I’m used to keeping away from people. Before the restrictions hit, our new cooker was installed. Chap kindly said he’d blitz any impossible to clear fluff from the dryer filter for me, with his air blaster thingy. Very nice. Then he said easier to do in workshop. Then they phoned to say ‘we broke it, sorry’ so needed new electronic part, then 3 weeks delay until that arrived, now finally fixed. (Obviously “no good deed goes unpunished”.) So now he’ll have to wheel it to the terrace and leave because we really don’t want him in the house. Then I shall have to clean it and when it’s dry, lots of struggling to re-instal in the utility room (after moving washing machine). After that, a bit of a lie down in a darkened room, I think.

Yesterday had a treat when DH made me some wonderful curries. Not only a wonderful lift for our spirits but we even found 2 bottles Indian beer in a corner of the garage. A little light in the lockdown darkness !

Wishing you all a good day and your own little lights - especially those worried, unwell or feeling wobbly. Come on, everyone - we can (and will) do this. x sunshine flowers

Megs36 Tue 31-Mar-20 09:26:32

Won the lottery again, £5.00, Beechnut , get all excited getting the message ‘you have won a prize’ etc then deflated but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!!
Good morning all, another day down, not been out of the house for two weeks now, but I guess I’m not the only one.

Kalu Tue 31-Mar-20 09:28:03

Good morning from Glasgow. A bright start here with sunshine forecast for later?

The long sleep I had yesterday morning seemed to have energised me. Did some gardening, used my micro fibre dusting gloves which I bought in Asda months ago to keep the dust at bay and we have a gleaming bathroom too. DH vacuumed and cooked dinner.

I went out to the garden a 11.30pm for some fresh air and it was so mild and peaceful. Thank goodness we have warmer weather to look forward to at least.

Have the best day you can all.

CherryCezzy Tue 31-Mar-20 09:36:06

Good morning Mick and all from as Rosalyn69 says a bright, cold day in the Gower.
Lins1066 I haven't seen a helicopter here (though I'm not always that observant) but I did see a drone yesterday.
Hope everything goes well for you and your husband at the hospital today Liljan.
Welcome to GN SusieB50 sorry to hear of your loss ?

I think I 'got out of the wrong side of the bed' this morning. I feel as flat as a pancake and can't seem to get started. My WP hardly slept a wink as now his sleeping tablet has been completely withdrawn but he's in so much pain he can't get comfortable to get to sleep, that's why they put him on them in the first place. Sorry to moan, I will shake myself up and dust myself off I'm sure.
Take care and keep safe everyone.