Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(95 Posts)
12Michael Thu 02-Apr-20 06:10:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but its dry , will do my usual maybe some housework, but go and get my cycling magazine.
Before I close the door for the rest of the day.
Boredom is creeping in , but I relate to living on a desert island with this isolation, you have music ,films etc in when do you watch and when do you play a favourite CD
Take Care
Mick

Brunette10 Thu 02-Apr-20 07:50:07

Good Morning from a bright but very chilly Fife. The sun is shining again so that helps you through the day. Just getting on with everything as is everyone else. House and garden like a new pin, have ordered some baking stuff for collection on Saturday so will get some baking done next week. Think I may clean out a kitchen utensil drawer out today before our daily walk. It's amazing the people out walking in your area that you have never seen before and all very courteous. I'm hoping everyone is well and just keeping themselves safe and busy. DD keeping in touch with DGS that I have to say is getting us through our day. Take care everyone

Grandmafrench Thu 02-Apr-20 07:51:25

Morning All and that’s clever Desert Island thinking, Mick.
Had a good night’s sleep in our holiday room. Having good dreams again instead of weird and worrying stuff. Awake too early, so in the spirit of holiday breakfast have requested some breakfast...before breakfast! Room service a.k.a my DH, has agreed to bring me a slice of toast with my tea and GN....before we have breakfast. I know. Disgraceful. But in the lockdown spirit, I do not care. Sunny morning here and am miffed to find online not one garden centre doing deliveries. They are all closed. Some patience is going to be required garden-wise, I think. Have a happy day everyone, if you can, without worrying. Esspee please don’t rush - take time to get properly well. Hugs to all ?? ???

GrannyGravy13 Thu 02-Apr-20 07:57:41

Goodmorning Mick and all x

Bright and sunny here in S E Essex.

Mr.GG has to go to the pharmacy for both of our prescriptions today, then he has ^ a list^ which he hopes to get in the small local shop and and butchers thereby avoiding Aldi/Sainsbury's.

Day 15 of not going out, not sure how I feel about it to be honest? I do get tetchy around 3-4pm for some reason.

Keep safe and well folks x

aggie Thu 02-Apr-20 08:01:29

Good Morning all, it is a bit dull here and it looks like we had some rain in the night
I tried doing brisk walking ( with my rollater) yesterday , round and round the garden lol . I heard the phone ringing so had to stop , I will have another go today , the fresh air is good , no cars so no petrol fumes .
The farmers were out in force the other day , a long line of huge machines droning up the road , luckily they were not muck spreading !

fatgran57 Thu 02-Apr-20 08:02:32

Wet day here in Tasmania managed to go for a walk but no gardening etc.

Bad news from a daughter - her husband has been stood down from his job - previously they were told business would stay open as essential service but today the manager (my son in law) and the 2nd in command have been stood down and the other workers deployed to another branch some distance away.

Guess they are standing down the higher paid workers. He has another job in the offing so am hoping this business doesn't shut down too.

Other daughter dropped me off an almond croissant so something nice for tomorrow smile

Keep safe everyoneflowers

harrigran Thu 02-Apr-20 08:06:57

Good morning from NE where it can't make it's mind up. It is breezy and the sun is fleeting.
Checked my premium bonds last night and I had three wins.
Sister was in touch yesterday and said that where they lived they were collecting hand cream for distribution to nurses. Brought back memories of when I was a young nurse and my hands were raw from all the washing, no alcohol rubs in those days.
Stay safe everyone.

Hetty58 Thu 02-Apr-20 08:08:25

Mornin' - it's overcast here but at least the cold wind has dropped. I'm off on my usual hour's walk with the dog soon, then gardening, my favourite thing.

Grammaretto, why not use Hermes (or another parcel collection/delivery service) instead of the Post Office?

Grandmafrench Thu 02-Apr-20 08:08:58

Welcome Lully Dully and hope the sun comes out in your Hampshire garden. Yes, sad about garden centre deliveries - I understand why they need to be closed to the public....too much browsing and social contact. BUT being in a garden is balm for the soul and will help lift the moods of so many of us, and, will hopefully stop those companies struggling and wasting so much stock. The only plant to thrive in our small town will be Tumbleweed, I reckon, blowing through the empty streets like in a bad spaghetti Western!

Nanabanana1 Thu 02-Apr-20 08:10:19

Good morning everyone a dull day here in Torbay, had very sad news yesterday, my neighbour passed away yesterday not from CV though. I will go and give my condolences to his wife this morning at a safe distance of course, it’s very hard not to be able to give her a hug at least.
On a brighter note saw my other neighbour through her window yesterday, she has been very poorly with what we think was CV but is on the mend now, it was lovely to see her and have a chat.
Butchers delivery coming today so that’s good. Will keep as busy as I can and try not to wobble (can’t promise).
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Thu 02-Apr-20 08:18:38

Good morning from the NE Coast where we have a cold start to Thursday, well at least I think it’s Thursday?

I eventually managed to get a bit shopping for my dad and us yesterday after queueing for ages around the supermarket car park and onto the Main Street. They had put arrows around the floor and created a kind of one way system which was fine unless you forgot something . I was conscious of a few people hissing at others “you’re going the wrong way” not in a friendly way at all. More than once I left my trolley at the top of the down and kind of shuffled backwards for fear of upsetting anyone.

I was shaking like a leaf when I reached the check outs, I had my dads card to pay for his stuff contactless and was so fearful of my card being refused, (oh the shame blush) that I forgot my own bread, potatoes and a few other bits .

Not sure what to do today as I have cleaned everything there is to clean. My DD will probably FaceTime a couple of times during the day which is lovely (but very upsetting ) otherwise it will be a day of doing very little.

Stay safe and well all my lovely Gransnet friends .

Love Gillybob x

Gingster Thu 02-Apr-20 08:21:23

Good morning all. Very calm here on the Suffolk coast. The sea is smooth and no wind. Very unusual. Cloudy but bits of blue sky so maybe a promise of sun . Went shopping yesterday - very quiet but not much on the shelves. My elderly sister in law asked me to get just 3 things. I could only get 1. Feel bad so might pop along again today but I know I shouldn’t. ?. We went for our daily walk on the common yesterday, rather than the beach, just for a change. It’s huge and we didn’t see another soul. Quite eerie really. I managed to get desiccated coconut yesterday , so will have a go at MARYDOLLS macaroon bars. Also I got a bag of bread flour so will make some rolls. Busy, busy! Trying to think what I can get DH to do. Not easily motivated but once he gets going he’s ok. Have a gentle day . ‘All this too will pass’ ?

Greyduster Thu 02-Apr-20 08:21:35

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Mick I’m sorry to hear you are on a downer. I might start sorting out my eight tracks and favourite book soon, too! A bit of a mixed start to the weather in South Yorkshire, but the cloud is winning through now.
We were busy yesterday on room two of our Spring Clean, and I also baked some coconut tarts for DH to get his cake fix! Ironing for me today and then we may venture out into the garden for a bit more weeding. Son in law is coming by later to leave some groceries for us. Whatever you are doing, have a safe day, folks.

Ginny42 Thu 02-Apr-20 08:26:29

Good morning Mick and everyone from a brightening Cheshire day. It's clearly rained in the night, but it's dry now. It's bad enough being alone at this time, but not to have support must be very hard indeed. Little things start to play on the mind.

I'd a 'smashing' day on Monday. Dropped the top off a tea caddy which smashed on the kitchen floor, then knocked a packet of fruit compote off the shelf and it exploded all over the floor with blackcurrant pebble-dashing up the cupboards. It had a date stamp of December 2020 too! So when my neighbour called yesterday morning and said my windscreen was shattered I panicked and ran to the window. It was an 'April Fool!' . We still have a laugh or two during the day. At present I'm staying cheerful and making one or two calls to old friends I haven't seen for a while.

Warm wishes to all for continued positivity. We can do this. Take care all. flowers for all.

Urmstongran Thu 02-Apr-20 08:28:25

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we had torrential rain again through the night which only stopped about an hour ago. The reservoirs will be nicely topped up for the summer!

It’s Day 19 of 29 of our lockdown here. Thursday = supermercado day. Himself has just gone over now with the huge list to last us the week. (Same time then as your husband Sar53 as we are an hour ahead here!). I wish we were both allowed out - partly to assist as it’s a lot of shopping to carry - fruit, veg and ESSENTIAL WINE are heavy - and partly just to go outside for a bit.

Oh well.

BlueSapphire would it curtail some of your wobble if you changed your routine a bit? Maybe do in the mornings (read, watch tv) what you usually do in the afternoons then be busy in the afternoons doing some chores which might take your mind off things? Worth a try perhaps.

I hope Thursday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone. x

ninathenana Thu 02-Apr-20 08:28:56

Good morning from sunny Kent.
DH will be taking the contents of our garden waste bin to the allotment compost heap as that collection has been suspended. He will no doubt have a potter whilst there.
I have run out of cupboards and admin to sort, so I guess I will be slobbing with my kindlle and a crossword book.
Take care, all you lovely people.

GrannySomerset Thu 02-Apr-20 08:29:28

A little gentle housework, including bed changing because it’s a good drying day, followed by taking DH for a constitutional. This afternoon may be given over to a box set - we are working our way through things which make us smile like Dad’s Army, Yes Minister and Rising Damp. When we finish those we have lots of musicals, so a bit of low culture is good for the spirit. All this interspersed by phone calls from friends and family.

Have as good a day as you can, everyone. This is going to be a very long spring.

Nannytopsy Thu 02-Apr-20 08:29:28

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Grey here in Suffolk today but there should be more sunshine from tomorrow. We have vowed to do some housework to day, before we allow ourselves out in the garden again. Like you Hetty, I would rather be gardening than anything else and we do have the whole new garden to go at!
The news last night gave me a wobble as it covered people who were not able to see loved ones before they died. I keep reminding myself that such a huge majority recover, like so many here on Gransnet.
Chins up everyone

Marydoll Thu 02-Apr-20 08:31:17

Good morning Mick, all from a very windy Glasgow, it's cloudy with a very bright sun, poking through the clouds.
It's great to see so many posting now on this thread.

I sat beside the phone yesterday, awaiting my cardiac telephone consultation and no -one called. I was a bit concerned, until I realised yesterday was Wednesday, not Thursday! ?
So back to waiting by the phone today.
I have totally lost track of the days.

I will continue to cull my wardrobe, but of course the charity shops are closed and the bags are piling up.
I have found unworn bargains clothes I bought in the last of the summer sales last year, however I think I will be back to wearing winter clothes, by the time I'm eventually unlocked ?

I have been busy posting little brain teasers on GN, so if anyone is bored, have a look on the thread. It has kept me and others out of mischief, as I also have to work out the answers.

(((Hugs))) for all who are low or wobbling. Thank goodness, I'm no longer wobbling, I was doing that a few days ago. ? Now I have come to a level of acceptance and trying to remain positive.
I'm safe, as long as I do as I'm told. That's the difficult bit! ?

A very special hug for Gilly, who is in the most difficult of situations. I wish I could help her.
?

Susan56 Thu 02-Apr-20 08:34:58

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it’s another dry but dull start.
Another day of decorating.
A couple of books I ordered on BorrowBox,our library’s online service have appeared in my online library today so looking forward to making a start on them.
Long chat with my mum yesterday and lots of pictures and messages from our two daughters.Not FaceTiming at present as like gilly says DD’s and DGD get upset?
Stay safe everyone.x

Doorstop Thu 02-Apr-20 08:37:46

gillybob Hope you manage to get your own food bits and pieces, it’s scary worrying about your card being declined, it’s happened to me once or twice, our DS is helping us out with food at the moment which has enabled me to buy other much needed items online. He pops to small local store, don’t think I can face the supermarket!
So I am grateful to him.

Chewbacca Thu 02-Apr-20 08:37:47

Morning everyone from a grey, overcast Cheshire. I was going to strip the beds and do laundry today but as the weather doesn't look too promising, there's no point as I don't want wet washing hanging around the house. I saw my GC going past my house, whilst on their daily walk/bike ride yesterday and that gave me a real lift, but I'm really missing the physical contact now!

To all those struggling, please accept these flowers

conor Thu 02-Apr-20 08:39:12

Good morning from sunny but oh so quiet Essex. My street is usually very quiet as a cul-de sac but you can hear yourself breathe! I was cleaning patio my patio doors yesterday but couldn't bring myself to clean DGS2s fingerprints as who knows when he will put them on there again!
Work out with Joe and Zoom yoga today. Will hope to do some gardening if it is warm enough and have delivery of Argos solar lights(highlight of my day!!)
Musn't forget clap for NHS at 8pm tonight for my beautiful daughter, currently self isolated as she thinks she had the virus. Hope everyone's day goes OK xxx

Pittcity Thu 02-Apr-20 08:45:29

Good morning from a grey Colchester. The weather is warming up. I have a courgette seedling on the windowsill that is huge and will be planted out at the weekend. I also have salad leaves growing. All from seeds bought at Lidl.
Will be stocktaking the freezer, planning a menu and writing a list before a trip to Lidl.
Big hugs to all, especially Gillybob xx

Mapleleaf Thu 02-Apr-20 08:47:59

Good morning all,

It’s turned grey and cloudy now after a bright start.

My Pilates class via zoom is due to start in half an hour, so looking forward to that.

Rest of DH’s prescription is now ready, so will go and join the queue for that later.

If it remains dry, I’ll go into the garden this pm and do a little tidying and plant some seeds into small pots.

I will catch up with all your posts later, I’ve only had time to read a handful so far. Take care all, and keep safe. ?

kittylester Thu 02-Apr-20 08:52:30

Morning all from a slightly cloudy North Leicestershire.

More organisation of the dining room here today and then some more Line of Duty in the hope that we understand it!