Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(95 Posts)
12Michael Thu 02-Apr-20 06:10:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but its dry , will do my usual maybe some housework, but go and get my cycling magazine.
Before I close the door for the rest of the day.
Boredom is creeping in , but I relate to living on a desert island with this isolation, you have music ,films etc in when do you watch and when do you play a favourite CD
Take Care
Mick

EllanVannin Thu 02-Apr-20 11:38:17

Good Morning All x.
Well the sun's out now be it a bit breezy, but earlier on it looked pretty dull and grey.
Delayed by a couple of phone-calls, the latter one from my D in Oz who spent an hour chatting and keeping me up to speed with what was going on there.

D's work has come to a halt because of the nature of what she does which is child-minding, so no income for her. Her H is still working in the building trade with son, so far anyway. All is well with them which is a relief in itself. Other GS and GD are still working and are okay.

Because of my calls, I'm still in my dressing gown so can't wait to get showered and dressed. I don't mind doing nothing but hate lolling around, if you understand grin---( Irish descent )

Some tidying to do and give the bathroom a wash down, bleach, Dettol and Cif. That'll be one good job done. I did have something worked out for lunch/dinner for today but have forgotten what it was hahahaha. Ah well, I think we can all be forgiven for these little lapses the way things are smile

Definitely must order a shredder online today as the mounting paperwork is getting out of hand now and the box is overflowing.

Gilly I'd be helping you out if I was next door to you as I wouldn't see anyone in a hole. x.
Everyone else I hope you remain well and safe with not too many wobbles along the way-----we all get them at some point. xx

gillybob Thu 02-Apr-20 11:38:18

So what about tomorrow and the next day Urms?

I mean 3 bottles is a hardly a weeks supply is it? grin

My DH used to love the red Faustino (Rioja?) happy memories.

gillybob Thu 02-Apr-20 11:40:29

Yeah I’m in a hole alright EllenVannin but can still see a little bit daylight for now grin Thank you for your kind words . x

Annapops Thu 02-Apr-20 11:42:50

A very late good morning from a windy County Durham.

Well, I did manage to get out for that railway path walk yesterday which I found refreshing. It's wonderful to see nature bursting into life oncemore.

The few people I met kept their distance and followed the rules.for outdoor exercise until on the way home I encountered two teenagers coming towards me. The girl started sneezing, no tissue, the boy with his head down, looking at his phone the whole time. Both of them occupied the full width of the path forcing me to step onto the farmer's field. I find it so hard to believe this message of keeping yourself and others safe is not getting through to everyone.

My social worker DD has been telling me they are having to deal with lots of calls from worried parents about their teenage children going out and meeting up with friends. It's so sad so many of them.think they are invincible and have no idea about the risks they are taking.

Funnygran Thu 02-Apr-20 11:47:37

Raining here in South Yorkshire. I’m having the odd wobble too especially first thing in the morning when the day stretches ahead. Yesterday I felt sad posting my grandson’s birthday card and wondering when I would see him again. I seem to potter about and then get my energy by lunchtime. I’ve had a short walk up to get some fruit from our very well stocked local shop. Only two customers at a time allowed but people are fairly quick once in there. Tonight I’m trying a meeting with four friends on Zoom. Never used it before so I’m interested to see how successful it will be. We usually meet up once a month for a meal out so it will be lovely to catch up.

NannyJan53 Thu 02-Apr-20 11:54:53

Good Morning (just) from a dull and grey Black Country.

Was up at 7 to make a fruit loaf! Then 9am did the workout on You Tube with Jo Wicks. Rang Mum, dusted and hoovered upstairs and cleaned bathroom. Downstairs I will leave for tomorrow!

I am going to make some baps, but will save that for tomorrow. Never thought that the highlight of my day would be making bread!

We had tickets for a to see 'Curtains' with Jason Manford Friday evening at The Grand Theatre, Wolverhampton. I e-mailed them yesterday to see if it is going to be postponed or cancelled. They replied fairly quickly to say it will be cancelled. They are going to credit my account against future tickets.

Wishing all a good and safe day.

NfkDumpling Thu 02-Apr-20 11:55:35

Nearly afternoon All

Its a lovely sunny day here in the north of Norfolk and the wind is going round to the south, so we can sit outside for a bit.

Sheets changed and the new sheets I’d ordered which came yesterday washed and on the line.

Feeling guilty and concerned as I risked a trip to Tesco yesterday for milk and a few bits. Plenty of distancing and nothing to worry about, but I did forget once to put my glove back on and touched the handle of the trolley with bare flesh! I now have five days to wait before I know if I’ve been infected and DH is in danger. Is this paranoia?

Cling to that little bit of daylight Gilly flowers

Theoddbird Thu 02-Apr-20 11:57:08

Good morning everyone. It is a lovely sunny day here on the river. I will pot on my pepper plants. Hopefully I can find a plant tray from last year. I know I have some somewhere. Have a lovely day everyone.

Urmstongran Thu 02-Apr-20 12:12:49

You sussed me out gillybob - I put fillet steak on the shopping list as we have a nice bottle of Faustino red in the cupboard I noticed ...
?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 02-Apr-20 12:21:04

Urmstongran I am partial to a glass of vino sol when in Spain, but never buy in the U.K. because it just doesn't taste the same? Mr.GG is a Faustino Red man.

Misha14 Thu 02-Apr-20 12:25:56

Good morning, or rather good afternoon. A break from teaching granddaughter on Skype this morning. It's a Science not Creative writing day on Thursdays. So time for a nice long breakfast, working on the computer and even managed to make the bed. Will pot up tomato seedlings later and might even, if it's not raining too much, go for a walk later.
Keep safe everyone and remember laughter boosts the immune system.

Urmstongran Thu 02-Apr-20 12:38:15

GG13 ??

Auntieflo Thu 02-Apr-20 12:38:59

OI don't believe it!!!
I wrote a longish post, then lost it! I actually started reading this thread about 3 hours ago, then got side tracked.
One of our neighbours rang to see if she could get us anything. She called back with eggs and bin liners, but no bread flour.
We had coffee, and I rang several friends, just to check on them. One rang back, as she was just about to have coffee with her neighbour, social distancing, over the fence. ?
I have made a Malt Load, courtesy of NannyJan, and it is now cooling on a rack.
Our GD emailed, with a short video clip of GGS wearing his Tiger Beanie hat that I made for him. But, he also wanted to know " where is the Robot Monster?" He saw it trundling around, on the last Face Time that we had, and thought I was going to send it to him!
We shall go for our short walk later, as it is sunny at the moment. Yesterday was great, much milder outside than I had thought it would be.
Haven't yet thought about what we shall have for supper.

Gillybob, hang on to the light! You are one brave lady. Sending {{{hugs}}} and love to you and your little family
To all who are struggling, hoping you are managing to get through the days.
Take care one and all and stay safe.

Taichinan Thu 02-Apr-20 13:06:30

Good afternoon all, and sorry to have popped in here so late. When I saw there were 88 posts ahead of me I'm afraid I haven't managed to read them all! What an amazingly popular thread you started Mick. After worrying for a few days about "no-gardener-and-how-on-earth-will-I-cope" I got off my backside and resurrected my old lawnmower which hasn't been used for four years since my lovely Partner died (said gardener brought his own machine). Battery duly recharged (machine's, not mine, but yes, mine as well) I managed to mow the grass down in the pond area down to 70cm. Battery then needed to be recharged - but could I remember how to remove the battery for charging?!? After a long Google delve and lots of advice from DS2 in Lincolnshire (I'm in NE Scotland), Readers I have done it!! I feel ridiculously proud of myself - there's life in this 78 year old yet! There'll be no more grass cutting today as the wind has got up and it's smattering with rain, but at least now I know there's some hope for the garden and can stop worrying. The same cannot be said for hair cutting, but that's another story! Good wishes to everyone ???

Taichinan Thu 02-Apr-20 13:08:34

This is part of the area I was working on.

Longdot20 Thu 02-Apr-20 13:14:36

Same here sark with the windows, mine looked worse than when I started!

annsixty Thu 02-Apr-20 13:18:27

That looks lovely Taichinan and brought a lovely memory back to me.
We used to have a static caravan near Llandudno in the good old happy days and when we started going again each new season ,one of our first visits was always to Bodnant Garden where the daffodils would spread far into the distance.
You have a beautiful garden .

eazybee Thu 02-Apr-20 13:37:06

Oh, NannyJan, the Grand Theatre! So glad it is still going; it is a lovely theatre. I used to dance there with my ballet school and later with amateur companies, and followed the Rep, for years

Auntieflo Thu 02-Apr-20 13:52:14

Lovely garden and view Taichinan.

Well done with the lawn mower.