Gransnet forums

Chat

There is NO logic to this!

(35 Posts)
phoenix Sat 04-Apr-20 14:24:31

Hello all, hope you are staying safe and well.

Can anyone explain why I am spending quite a bit of time cooking stuff today, so that I don't have to do it tomorrow? confused

After all, it's not as if I have anything pressing to do tomorrow, or anything at all for that matter, except 10 minutes of making a fool of myself dancing in the street at 11am.blush

rosenoir Sat 04-Apr-20 21:09:01

I shopped in Aldi this week as it is my nearest supermarket,they had everything including toilet rolls.

SirChenjin Sat 04-Apr-20 21:12:23

I feel a sort of affinity with women of my granny’s era during WW2 where I’m cooking from scratch using whatever ingredients I can find to keep my family fed - obviously I have it far easier than they did and I realise it’s not nearly the same thing, but I wonder if it’s a similar sort of feeling on some level? Not knowing what’s ahead, or for how long it’s going on, or whether people I know will die - and a horrible realisation that I have no control over anything. I may also be havering - I’ve had a sherry, which is never a good idea.

Also v impressed that you found almonds and flour rose - I could only buy one of the last packets of organic self raising wholemeal which looks and tastes very virtuous.

Callistemon Sat 04-Apr-20 22:26:34

You can eat that with peace of mind, knowing it's good for you SirChenjin. Even in biscuits.

SirChenjin Sat 04-Apr-20 22:28:11

Bananas, nuts and virtuous flour - the weight is positively falling off me.

Callistemon Sat 04-Apr-20 22:30:37

Oats too? My biscuits had all that plus oats.
I weigh 7lbs more less

MawB Sat 04-Apr-20 22:37:47

Ooh! Is it like the BIG CLAP?
Are we all dancing outside or am I going to look a complete pi**ock?
(Might do it on the patio at the back in case I am the only one around here ???)

Callistemon Sat 04-Apr-20 22:46:57

MawB
Dancing in the street- It could be a Devon thing (why am I not surprised grin)

phoenix cooking the beef the day before- we had steak last week and they were larger than expected, so I used some rare steak to make beef Stroganoff on the Monday. It was good, though I say it myself, though I didn't have sour cream and used Greek yogurt.

SirChenjin Sat 04-Apr-20 22:57:32

Always oats - for extra chew

phoenix Sat 04-Apr-20 22:59:48

Hello all!

Thank you for the responses.

With regard to the dancing, a lovely person in the village has organised communal dancing! Friday in the village square, Saturday in the Close next to ours,, Sunday in the one just along. She brings her sound system thing.

She also works in the local GP surgery 3 days a week, her shifts are 8.30am to 6pm.