Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(94 Posts)
12Michael Thu 16-Apr-20 06:13:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like a start of another warm day here in Brackley this morning.
Today, will be a walk, then come back.
Yesterday, I got some Jersey Royals , and the price is starting to fall £3 for 500 gram packet now £2.
Tring to be as constructive as I can with meals so Friday will see steamer in use , Pots plus mint, at one level , and fish in Parsley on another with peas do for about 20 minutes , for healthy meal, those pots will also be eaten cold later.
Mick

Urmstongran Thu 16-Apr-20 09:42:57

Ah Himself has brought back wine AND a pack of 6 mini Toblerone ❤️

Grandmafrench Thu 16-Apr-20 09:54:12

What a little STAR. I am going to put CHOCKLIT in bold miss-spelt letters at the top of the shopping list, I think. I'm still suffering twitchy symptoms from Not.A.Single.Easter.Egg.2020 Enjoy another day doing porridge! grin x

Nannytopsy Thu 16-Apr-20 10:04:53

Thank you Grandmafrench - toe feeling better today but I shan’t do any digging just yet! I shall scatter some cosmos seeds today and keep watering. I must check the growhouse to see if the courgettes are through yet ...

Grandmafrench Thu 16-Apr-20 10:09:02

I'm so pleased for you that it's getting better. Wish I had a grow house, wish I had some compost, wish I had some plants etc., etc.,
No garden centres open here for online orders/deliveries (mad!) and Amazon.fr have been ordered not to deliver anything other than foodstuffs or medical things. So, we wait some more! Have a happy day. grin

GrannySomerset Thu 16-Apr-20 10:18:49

Today’s excitement will be giving the new vacuum cleaner an airing. Don’t think I am desperate enough to do the stairs, but who knows where boredom may lead me?

Gardener due to visit soon and I have some plants which need to go in. Ground too hard for me to dig so have to work out how to show him what goes where. I foresee a sort of dance, with me placing plants, retreating to house, him digging holes and going to cut front lawn, me planting plants and retreating again.

Grammaretto Thu 16-Apr-20 10:19:23

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it seems quite cold today.
Dragonfly I hope you manage the eye drops.
Urmston my DS (who is an authority on everything wink ) assures me that it is viral overload which is dangerous.
Your gardener is more at risk than you if he has more contact with other people.

Lovely to see you Elizabeth1

It must be a " thing" phoning at random. My old college tutor called me from London yesterday and we chatted for an hour. The last time he had been to Edinburgh they still had the original trams which stopped in 1956.

What will today bring? Have a happy one if you can. I shall join in the chorus tonight.

oscaro11 Thu 16-Apr-20 10:26:29

Slightly late posting here today. Lovely bright sunny day here in Surrey but very chilly. Got up and donated to Captain Tom, what an inspiration to us all. Cottage pie to be made today. Did chocolate brownies yesterday which are yummy. Garden looking fantastic, but want to get some runner bean plants from somewhere. Another short walk for us later, all being well. Have a good day everyone!

Susan56 Thu 16-Apr-20 10:30:37

A late good morning from the Shropshire borders where it is another sunny day.
We have just had a lovely FaceTime with DD2 and DGS aged 2 who is now chattering away.
Ellan, no more crumpet envy,my neighbour bought me two packs yesterday???hope you have a supply too!
I have a small list of small jobs to do today then will go out for the applause later.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Megs36 Thu 16-Apr-20 10:34:40

Interesting post about Easter Eggs, I’ve got six! Bought them for family before this all kicked off and not seen any of them since, oh well better eat them in case they go off!!I did show them on Zoom ??

Purplepixie Thu 16-Apr-20 10:45:40

Good morning from a sunny and warmish day in the east midland. I’ve just been for my walk and there were one or two people out there so I must get moving earlier tomorrow. No big plans for today other than helping my granddaughter find some more family tree stuff and maybe make a bacon and egg pie for tea.

Stay safe and well.

Sar53 Thu 16-Apr-20 10:50:30

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. I've been up since 7 but doing other things including watching Captain Tom on breakfast tv. What a wonderful inspirational man he is.
DH has been and returned from the supermarket and managed to get nearly everything on my list. He never usually does the shopping but has been great at going once a week and joining the queue. It's his last day working from home as he is being furloughed from 5pm.
To keep himself busy he is going to decorate the hall. My job is to clear my very overcrowded bookcase.
Have the best day possible and stay safe everyone xx.

BlueSapphire Thu 16-Apr-20 10:54:39

Grandmafrench, no, not the smoke alarm; the red light on that is flashing which means it's ok. And I have stood underneath it to check and the noise, like a little bell ring comes from somewhere else. I have just switched the radios off and paused the washing machine to see if I can pin it down. It's really bugging me, it will ring every couple of minutes for a while, and then not ring for ages, then starts up again. It's a mystery!

Marydoll Thu 16-Apr-20 10:58:35

Freezer door? Fridge door? Slightly open?

Taichinan Thu 16-Apr-20 10:59:20

Good morning everyone from a very grey and cool Angus-by-the-sea. Yesterday was such a glorious day and I loved every moment of it, so I think I'll just give today a miss, remember yesterday and look forward to tomorrow! The sun has such an immense impact on our mental state that it's little wonder our ancestors worshipped it. I too love the poem "and all the people stayed home", it's so gentle and uplifting. Had a long(ish) WhatsApp chat with DS1 yesterday along those lines. He feels everything will change post-virus and wonders if there will be "a new world order". I'd like to think so but it will require a total change in the mindset of humankind. It took two catastrophic world wars before we decided that, hmm, perhaps wars aren't the way to go. And as long as Megabucks is our deity of choice I don't think much will change. Sorry, this is a bit deep for a Thursday morning! I shall now go off and DO something. So glad your DD is at last getting home from NZ, grandMattie - wonderful news for you. The sun will certainly shine for you tomorrow! Best wishes to all for the best day possible x ???

MawB Thu 16-Apr-20 11:00:01

I woukd also say fridge or freezer not quite shut.

MawB Thu 16-Apr-20 11:00:27

“Would”

mrswoo Thu 16-Apr-20 11:00:48

Good morning from Newcastle where the weather looks a bit iffy - it could go either way. Yesterday was so lovely and sunny and warm that I sat in the garden and read for about 2 hours. Unheard of for me as I usually don’t enjoy being so inactive.

Gingster, someone sent me the Kitty O’Meara poem too. It is so relevant now and could’ve been written last week and not the 1860’s.
Have a good day everyone.

GrandmasueUK Thu 16-Apr-20 11:00:59

Good morning Mick and all who follow. I'm usually so late reading this thread, even though I'm always up early. I too have the attention span of a gnat GrannyGravy13.
I check out the webcam at the Minack theatre every morning as I love to see the sea in the background.
I'm going to put some more washing on and get it dried in the garden. Having a steam press means I can watch a film tonight whilst ironing. I might also do some drawing outside.
My lovely daughter is a nurse and moved out to her friend's empty house a couple of weeks ago, as she was so worried about bringing anything back here. I had a wobble last night when she let me know one of her colleagues had passed away. I wanted to give her a hug, but we both had a weep instead.
The sun is shining here this morning in the NW and I'm feeling a bit brighter. I do enjoy reading this thread throughout the day and I feel as though I know so many of you because of it. Thank you all for brightening my day, especially Urmstongran, Marydoll, MawB and Gilly and so many others! Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe flowers sunshine

BladeAnnie Thu 16-Apr-20 11:03:56

A late good morning from a sunny mid-Notts. We have just had a lovely video call from DD and DGD. Missing them so much (as we all are) but it was lovely to see DGDs happy little face smiling for nanna and grandad ?. Fish planned for tea tonight - sainsbury's delivery arriving later AND the email this morning shows the flour I ordered is in stock!! Stay safe, clap for the NHS/key workers and may Thursday be kind to us all x

Legs55 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:04:16

Good morning from sunny Devon, must get out in the garden today & do some more fence painting as the forecast is rain tonight & over the weekend.

Dinner is ready for tonight so no problem there.

Nearly finished my newspaper ready to pass on to my neighbour, done crosswords & sudoku so no excuse not to get on, just no enthusiasm, I could just sit in the gardenhmm.

Have a good day all

Taichinan Thu 16-Apr-20 11:04:49

Bluesapphire do you have a ceramic topped cooker? Like you I have sometimes searched high and low for the source of an intermittent pinging to discover that something has been placed over the touch controls.

BlueSapphire Thu 16-Apr-20 11:05:55

Mystery noise solved! It was the laptop after all telling me it wanted to reboot, so have pressed the appropriate button.

Annaram1 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:15:29

Scentia, try putting a finger in your ears for about 5 minutes, both at the same time. This may work. It also works for ringing in the ears, I find.

hulahoop Thu 16-Apr-20 11:35:11

Good morning from w/Yorks it's a lovely morning here your poor daughter grandmasue it must be terrible when colleagues pass away . Usual day today washing on line floors washed may sit in sunshine later stay safe everyone.

CherryCezzy Thu 16-Apr-20 11:58:04

Good morning everyone(just) from a cloudy Gower. I've been trying to post on several threads but no joy. Hope this one goes through...
Just this short? in case it goes ? shaped.
Take care and stay safe everyone ❤️