Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(115 Posts)
12Michael Fri 17-Apr-20 06:28:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright and dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Do my essential shop, before I return home, and lockdown.
Looks like another 3 weeks until May 7th.
Planning a slow cooker meal for Sunday and Monday , more tomorrow.
Mick

Scentia Fri 17-Apr-20 10:08:15

Good boy Dexter!!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 17-Apr-20 10:13:20

Oh good boy Dexter ?

Urmstongran so pleased that you are feeling less stressy today.

Marydoll rest, rest and more rest flowers

Urmstongran Fri 17-Apr-20 10:15:29

Progress dragonfly I can feel your relief!
Extra stressful I daresay because Dexter is your daughter’s doggie and you are doing your very best here.
?

Urmstongran Fri 17-Apr-20 10:33:49

Thanks GG13
?
I think there’s a song isn’t there? - ‘What a Difference a Day Makes’ ? ?

Grandmafrench Fri 17-Apr-20 10:34:02

Oh dragonfly fantastic. I’m so relieved. You must have been so stressed, know you love him but he’s not yours so a further stress! Keep at it, he’ll be more accepting as it improves. Eyes are really not my thing. A Siamese of mine, years ago, got bopped in the eye by a neighbour’s cat. Her 3rd eyelid then came partly over and Although I bathed it - big struggle and cat trussed like a mummy in a bath towel for that - I wasn’t quick enough to go to the Vet. He took her in for the morning and said it was an ulcer and her sight would be at risk. When I picked her up again, I’ll never forget the shock. He had treated the eye but the lids were held together with a button!! ? He could have warned me. I had strict instructions about care and antibiotic drops and not to miss a dose. She couldn’t hurt her eye and couldn’t completely close it against my treatment, so it made life easier for me. But what horror. Vet removed the button after 10 days and announced my nursing had saved her sight......so I couldn’t really complain. Keep going, he’ll recover!
Auntieflo that looks like a lace cap hydrangea - you’ve got a free one.They’re more easily able to seed somewhere else than the mop heads.
Susan you deserve more than Banoffee pie but if it works out, I shall send you a pic. ?

Urmston glad you feel different today. Keep going, it’s going to be o.k. and you’ve done most of your stretch by now.

Come on Gilly - all your mates are worrying now.

Urmstongran Fri 17-Apr-20 10:35:37

My walk ...

Urmstongran Fri 17-Apr-20 10:37:55

And where’s Maw please? x

mrswoo Fri 17-Apr-20 10:39:45

Good morning from Newcastle, it's a bit grey and will probably rain the minute I put the washing out.
The only thing I've definitely got planned for today is watching the Masterchef final this evening.
I too am missing gillybob and hope she is alright.Also, I've not seen doramarr here for a while.
I hope everyone has a good day and keeps fit, well and wobble-free as much as possible

EllanVannin Fri 17-Apr-20 10:41:02

Oh good,Dragonfly, it's a start and will make a difference as time goes on.

CC90 Fri 17-Apr-20 10:44:39

Good morning all from a cool and overcast NE coast . Even worse than yesterday . I changed my exercise route yesterday and walked into the town centre. Will return to the sea today . Town centres are really only of use to meet a friend for coffee or look around the shops neither of which is possible ! I shall wrap up well and let the sea breeze blow away any gloom. Then a brisk walk home for a coffee treat and a chocolate and nut biscuit !

BladeAnnie Fri 17-Apr-20 10:46:42

Good morning all from a sunny mid-Notts. Sainsbury's delivered yesterday evening in time for us to join in the clapping - fireworks, pans and everything else. Lovely. We are hoping the weather stays fine - planning on cooking tonight on the barbie. Quite strange as our bbqs are always family/friends affairs but hopefully later in the year (fingers crossed!!) Stay safe today whatever you are doing and may Friday be kind to us all x

lakeview Fri 17-Apr-20 10:47:38

Goodmorning all
Love gransnet
So much comfort so much companionship

Annapops Fri 17-Apr-20 11:00:27

Good morning all from cloudy County Durham.
I'm feeling rather proud this morning having completed my first ever Zoom dance class and it was brilliant. Previously I have just used the pre recorded videos online. It's been an invigorating start to the day for me.
My son's 40th birthday card must be organised today. It will be fun delving through some of those old photographs I'm sure. I may even shed a few tears ?.
Yes, where is Gilly? I do hope things are ok as she is experiencing such troubled times without even thinking about the effects of lockdown on her wellbeing too. Please let us know how you are Gilly, although I have never met you I do find myself feeling very concerned.
Have the best day you can everyone. I hope those with ailments and troubles obtain some relief soon. X

Purplepixie Fri 17-Apr-20 11:00:56

Good morning from a sunny, warm and lovely East Midlands. Oh well another 3 weeks lockdown and hopefully we will see a light at the end of this daft tunnel. So far I have made a fruit loaf with stuff that has been in the cupboards for ages. Just hope I dont poison the 3 of us off. I’ve been knitting my little baby sleeves as some of you might have seen in the Arts and Crafts section -all for a worthy cause. Then I am making some Leek and Potato soup for tea. I find it helps if I keep busy. More knitting tonight and hopefully a whisky hot toddy, provided those little fairies haven’t devoured it all! Yes, I am going mad but it is a good mad. Sending love and hugs to all my lovely friends on this wonderful site. Xx

Urmstongran Fri 17-Apr-20 11:04:07

Hi lakeview not seen you post before? Nice to have you join the gang!
??

Noname Fri 17-Apr-20 11:17:19

Good morning all from a very wet Devon. A bit late posting as I’ve been busy cleaning the oven! ?

NannyC2 Fri 17-Apr-20 11:18:43

Not a good morning in the south! Very heavy rain - a plume travelling northwards apparently from Spain!
BBC are warning 'disturbed' front churning tornadoes to smash into UK this weekend -that's all we need!!

moggie Fri 17-Apr-20 11:18:54

Thank you Scentia, hope you recover quickly.

Legs55 Fri 17-Apr-20 11:37:45

Good (late) morning from a very soggy Devon. I've been out for a bit of shopping & to sort out an item charged twice for my neighbour when I shopped for her on Tuesday, also took a cabbage back which was rotting in the middle when she went to use it yesterday, also bought Tuesday with a sell by date of the 20th April!!!! Staff in Co-op are lovely, refund on overcharge & refund & replacement on cabbagesmile.

Today I'm going to start painting my bedroom, I can only do it piecemeal as my bedroom is small & I can only move some of the furniture myself, anything I manage to do will be a bonus when lockdown is lifted & DD can come & help me. Yesterday I painted 6 fence posts, panels will get done when we get some fine days.

Bought some stewing steak today as my veg box had been delivered & there is leeks, carrots & swede in there. That's my weekend Dinners sorted, yesterday I made a Walnut Loaf which tastes scrummy (not good for me as I'm Diabetic but I shall freeze slices for when I want a treathmm

Taichinan Fri 17-Apr-20 11:38:35

Good morning Mick and everyone. It's a sunny day here on my bit of the Angus coast but there's cloud stacked up out to sea, and as the wind is coming in off the sea I guess so is the cloud. Beachnut where is your cold friend? When I put some lovely photos of plants in my garden on FB on Wednesday my friend in Michigan said they'd woken up to snow! I'm sitting here all dolled up because this is the Big Day of my week - my Mindful Chef box will be delivered just after lunch. But it's not the box I'm excited about - it's the fact that I will see, albeit through glass, a Real Live Person!! Otherwise there's another part of the garden to attack I suppose before I allow myself to relax and read this lovely thread. I do admire you people who read everything and remember all the things you want to comment on and then post - all before breakfast! Went out last night and did my wee clap for all those wonderful people keeping going against the invisible enemy - but as usual was drowned out by the hoots from the boats in the little port at the foot of the hill. They can be heard from miles around! Have as good a day as you can people x ???

whywhywhy Fri 17-Apr-20 11:46:24

Good morning from sunny and bright Market Harborough.

Another day of this lockdown and it is supposed to go on for another 3 weeks. Still I am a lot better off than a lot of people.
Have a good day everyone and please take care.

EllanVannin Fri 17-Apr-20 11:46:39

Well that's me done for the whole weekend without moving. A lovely piece of beef for Sunday which I'll cook tomorrow and it'll do me Monday as well.
I can't get out of the habit of not feeding the family, and if I did but realise it I'd save an awful lot----never mind, I do enjoy a bit of good grub.grin Keeps me going. Always enough for others if they need it, that's my motto.

CherryCezzy Fri 17-Apr-20 11:47:07

Good morning everyone. It's raining here in the Gower, yippee! smile Didn't think I'd be pleased to have it rain but the garden needs it.
It's taken all this time to get going this morning after all the extra sedating medication I have to take for 3 nights after having a seizure earlier in the week and I've been extra slow reading through this lovely morning thread.

Sentia that sounds like a very nasty injury, please take it easy ?

I'm another one concerned that Gillybob hasn't posted, I hope you are alright x

Marydoll sorry to hear that your RA has flared up, it sounds really bad. I really hope it settles quickly, look after yourself and please rest flowers

Good news about your DDs dog dragonfly, I hope he continues to let you take care of his eyes smile

The clapping for the key workers is getting bigger here. Lots of rattles and quite a few fireworks too. A few weeks ago there was hardly any of us doing it so it's heartwarming that it has grown.

We had our grocery delivery just after 9pm yesterday. The SiL of my recently departed friend, who works in Sainsbury's, did it for us. We didn't get our tagliatelle but he substituted it with spaghetti which was fine. So lovely and kind of him.

I need another coffee now so that's what I'm going to do. I honestly don't know what else I will make of the day except make a shepherds pie for dinner tonight.

Take care everyone, be kind to yourselves and stay safe ❤️

dragonfly46 Fri 17-Apr-20 11:52:00

Where is Gilly? We are worried about you xx

GrannyGravy13 Fri 17-Apr-20 11:58:38

Popped back to see if gillybob had posted, is anyone in direct contact with her?

gillybob I do hope you and your family are safe and well flowers