Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(115 Posts)
12Michael Fri 17-Apr-20 06:28:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright and dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Do my essential shop, before I return home, and lockdown.
Looks like another 3 weeks until May 7th.
Planning a slow cooker meal for Sunday and Monday , more tomorrow.
Mick

Auntieflo Fri 17-Apr-20 12:03:20

Just finished the ironing, so popped back to see if Gillybob has been by. I hope she comes and tells us all is well, we do worry about her, after the awful year that she has had.
Thanks for the answers about my strange plant, in not a very convenient place.
I hope it is a hydrangea, and as it grows, I will post an update.
I forgot to mention earlier, that while we were all out clapping, a sporty car, with a spoiler on the back, went past and flames came out of the exhaust.?

Kalu Fri 17-Apr-20 12:23:22

Oh Scentia. That does sound nasty. Plenty rest but I am a bit wary to go back out on my bike?
Great relief for you and Dexter Dragonfly. Well done and I’m sure Dexter will appreciate your perseverance.
Sorry to hear your RA has flared up Marydoll. You deserve a bit of respite from it all but hoping it calms down soon for you.

I was hoping gilly would have visited by now. I do hope she is ok considering all she has to deal with. Take care of yourself gilly. Come and offload amongst friends if it helps. ?

Beechnut Fri 17-Apr-20 12:35:00

Taichinan I have sent you a private message.

Urmstongran Fri 17-Apr-20 12:50:49

Oh Cherryyour comment It's raining here in the Gower, yippee! smile Didn't think I'd be pleased to have it rain but the garden needs it reminds me of what one of my friends out here said one time. Someone was saying during a rainy day ‘the reservoirs need it’ and she made us all giggle when she said ‘well, it can rain all it likes between midnight and 7am!’.
?

Another who has come back on to see if our gillybob has posted. I’m concerned now too. x

BladeAnnie Fri 17-Apr-20 13:21:16

I too came back to look for Gillybob x

GrannySomerset Fri 17-Apr-20 13:31:32

We are all worried about Gillybob and her family. We feel we know her even though we don’t, and just want life to get better for her.

CherryCezzy Fri 17-Apr-20 13:35:15

Your neighbour has probably got it about right Urmstongran, especially in normal times ?. We've been lucky to have a few sunny days so if it rains in the daytime atm I don't mind (as long as it's not too often) as I can't go further than my front gate anyway ?. Still, hey ho ... when the weather is fine I am lucky as I have the garden to enjoy.
I wish you had one in Malaga too but I hope your lockdown does end soon and you can get out.

gillybob Fri 17-Apr-20 13:51:25

Hi Everyone . Thank you all so much for your concern . I’m okay . Just having a rough time dealing with some of the stuff that’s going on at the moment . Things seem to be going from bad to worse .

Don’t want to say too much more, but I must’ve been a very bad person in a previous life .

xx

Purplepixie Fri 17-Apr-20 13:54:25

Sending you love and hugs Gillybobs and hope you can come through it all. X

Doodle Fri 17-Apr-20 13:58:15

gillybob I’m sure you weren’t. Sorry you are having such troubles. Hugs and ?

Curlywhirly Fri 17-Apr-20 13:58:38

Aw, Gillybob glad you are ok, everyone was worried. Sorry that you are having a bad time, just wish I could do something to help. I am sure you know though, that you have many virtual friends on here, who are all willing things to get better from you.

conor Fri 17-Apr-20 14:03:46

Gillybobs so many virtual friends popping back to see if you are ok. You must know how much you mean to us and a trouble shared? Sending you positive vibes to deal with whatever life throws at you and the strength to deal with it as you have always doneflowersxxx

Marydoll Fri 17-Apr-20 14:03:52

Thinking of you Gilly. ?

dragonfly46 Fri 17-Apr-20 14:09:14

Aw Gilly I hope things get better for you flowers

Grammaretto Fri 17-Apr-20 14:09:20

Gillybob It is really good to hear from you despite that the news isn't good.
You take a lot on your shoulders. Maybe it's time for someone else to take the strain?
sending ((HUGS)) and flowers

I was told today to hug a tree if I needed a hug. I may try that later.

gillybob Fri 17-Apr-20 14:10:06

There are things going on that I couldn’t possibly share here . Maybe another day but not right now .

Thank you for all your lovely messages and kind words . You are truly lovely people .

Xx

GrannyGravy13 Fri 17-Apr-20 14:12:15

Sending virtual (((hugs))) gillybob flowers

Feelingmyage55 Fri 17-Apr-20 14:13:49

gillybob ?

CherryCezzy Fri 17-Apr-20 14:16:33

Gillybob glad to hear from you. Not glad that you have so much to contend with. ???

Susan56 Fri 17-Apr-20 14:28:44

Thinking of you gilly.Sending love and strength.xx???

Beechnut Fri 17-Apr-20 15:01:39

gilly you couldn’t be a bad person if you tried! Xx

Annapops Fri 17-Apr-20 15:36:15

Sending a virtual hug Gilly. X

Nannytopsy Fri 17-Apr-20 16:12:23

Hello gillybob x

BladeAnnie Fri 17-Apr-20 16:49:32

Special thoughts Gillybob x

Taichinan Fri 17-Apr-20 16:57:47

So sorry to hear that Scentia - hope your leg gets better soon ??