Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Sun 19-Apr-20 06:12:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice dry blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Today, quick trip to Supermarket .
Locally someone has done a dedicated Facebook page as to the corona virus .
Its shows who is open , which places are doing take away meals plus surgery appointment updates, which stores open and when who are doing deliveries .
Mick

Urmstongran Sun 19-Apr-20 08:10:50

Ah it’s nice to have you join us Gelisajams it’s always great to be able to welcome newbies and you’ve introduced yourself in fine style there!
?

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s yet another day of thick white cloud. The sea has melded into the sky and it’s all a pale grey wash. This is getting beyond a joke now! What’s the point of lockdown out here (Day 36 now) if it’s not gorgeous weather as compensation?

I awoke in the night and amongst my ruminations I was thinking of gillybob and how awful life is for her right now. I hope if nothing else they are keeping well.

I shall do my ‘walk’ later. It’s better than nothing and although I’m not losing any weight I do feel better mentally for doing it.

Sunday = slow cooker. Chicken & chorizo with plenty of veg and a plateful for my sweet neighbour. She was born in Harrogate and lived there until she was 65y when she came out here to retire. She has been (like all of us) humbled by the efforts of Captain Tom and told me yesterday he’s to open the new hospital facility there.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Auntieflo Sun 19-Apr-20 08:13:56

Good Morning Michael, Annie and all. This morning is much brighter than yesterday, thank goodness. I know we needed the rain, well here at least, but it makes you feel better when the sun is shining.
After a lazy day, I feel as though I want to get into the garden today and weed the flower bed in the front. I appears to have lots of garlic coming up. Long stalks and little white flowers, pretty but smelly. Or should that be aromatic?
I made a lemon drizzle cake in the afternoon, and although it tastes alright, it didn't rise as it should, and to be honest, is a bit stodgy. Nothing a dollop of custard or ice cream won't sort out though. Marydoll, what did I do wrong??
We will listen to our recorded Church service later this morning, and remember all our lovely friends. I am just longing to see them all again, in the flesh.
Thinking still about Gilly and keeping her in my heart, and hoping all is well with her and her little family.
Marydoll, I hope you get your new TV, but isn't it always the way when you have something new, it leads to an upheaval all round.
Best wishes, Take Care and Stay Safe everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 19-Apr-20 08:14:42

Morning Urmstongran?

Gingster Sun 19-Apr-20 08:17:16

Good morning and a lovely sunny one it is too. ?. It certainly make you feel brighter and gets us off to a good start. Yesterday was really dreary here on the Suffolk coast . I haven’t heard about over 70’s having lockdown for a year GRAMARETTO. ?. Did you hear that today? I will be 70 in July, DH was 70 last November. So just in the danger zone ! We ordered fish and chips last evening for a little treat. I was so looking forward to it but it was disappointing . Dry and all batter with very little fish. Oh dear won’t do that again. Chicken casserole today as I haven’t got a joint in, but I’ve got plenty of chicken thighs , which we will enjoy. Will miss my roast though ! Welcome to GELISAJAM and hopefully GILLYBOB is ok . I do tend to ramble on here. Sorry ! I love hearing all your news and I carried away when it’s my turn. ??. Lovely thoughts to all on this Sabbath day. ?❤️

ninathenana Sun 19-Apr-20 08:18:53

Good morning.
Bright start in Kent. We had a heavy shower yesterday. First rain for weeks.
I heard a couple I know have the virus. He's on a ventilator and she has symptoms. Also friends granddaughter has been in hospital for 48hrs sent home with pneumonia.
First people I've known personally sad
Take care everyone.

Urmstongran Sun 19-Apr-20 08:24:03

X posts with you Marydoll and kitty. I won’t badger gillybob just think of her and hope she finds the strength she needs to deal with the cards she has been dealt, poor woman. We all know life ‘isn’t fair’ but she has had way more in her life to contend with than most others.

This of course is a public forum and she won’t be wanting to put her worries out here for ‘all’ to see. I daresay private messaging is just that and for her right now, is a better way to off load.

If you are reading each day gilly you will know how much we all care.

Urmstongran Sun 19-Apr-20 08:25:39

Hi over there GG13! ?

TopsyIrene06 Sun 19-Apr-20 08:32:17

Morning everyone. Beautiful sunny morning here in the south side of Glasgow although rather chilly. Bright blue sky and birds singing. Lovely.

I sincerely hope the news I heard this morning that over 70s may have to stay in for another year is not true. My sob story is that I had a routine bowel screening in March which needs further investigation but have been told that it can't be done and no promise of a date in the future either.

I hope I am posting in the correct place as I see yesterday's message came up in colour! Have a good day.

Susan56 Sun 19-Apr-20 08:33:14

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.After a rainy day yesterday the sunshine is back today.
Welcome Gelisajams??
Dragonfly,hopingbDexter improves soon,such a worry for you.
Sending much love and strength to gilly who has so much to deal with.x

Greyduster Sun 19-Apr-20 08:38:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out intermittently in South Yorkshire and we are hoping for a walk this morning. I managed to get an order with a garden centre yesterday which will be delivered tomorrow so once any chance of frost is past, we should have a project to keep us busy. Roast chicken today. Gone are the days when I would roast the whole chicken and we would eat what was left - if there was any left - cold! Now I split it down the middle, roast one half and use the rest for a mid week curry! And we have pork chops! Who knew you could get excited about pork chops??
Welcome Gelisajam. Gilly thinking of you?. Have a safe Sunday folks.

Nortsat Sun 19-Apr-20 08:48:49

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a sunny east London, with much lovely birdsong. Feeling better each day (challenges due to my disability not CV19, thankfully). Pittcity, we are overindulging too. We drank more wine than usual, yesterday and my partner’s rationale was ‘it’s Saturday’, which I enthusiastically embraced. We also finished off chocolate eggs ...

Kitty, can we please have Sunday lunch delivered, when you get yours ... mmm. Otherwise it’s roast pork for us today from ‘ la cuisine maison’.

Dragonfly hope Dexter is comfortable today ?
Marydoll, I had no idea what was coming next, when your neighbours appeared dressed as a nun and a priest ...
All good thoughts to Gillybob ?
Have a nice day all ?? (double flowers for Sunday).

gma Sun 19-Apr-20 08:50:07

Beautiful start to the day today here in Norwich Yesterday was a bit of a let down, we had got quite used to pottering about outside but the rain was so welcome! Still some seedlings to prick out, and plants to move now that we have had rain! Now going for trot down to the greenhouse to see what has appeared during the night and say good morning to the tomatoes! Then shower and porridge!
Had no. 3 “Coronavirus lockdown newsletter”from our granddaughter! Full of photographs of them doing their various activities! Even the dog is featured.
We get one every week, and such a boost for
my 94 year old mum. Although we speak most days via What’s
app, mum doesn’t have that facility! Look after yourselves and STAY SAFE!

Anniebach Sun 19-Apr-20 08:52:42

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Sun 19-Apr-20 08:52:55

TopsyIrene our own posts show up in colour. Pink as mine are? And the OP at the top shows up in green. You’re doing fine!

You must be anxious about your ongoing treatment after screening. A friend’s husband is in the same boat as you. It adds to their anxiety levels right now so I can empathise how you must be feeling.

Mythbirtthedragon Sun 19-Apr-20 08:54:53

Good morning from east London, bluey sky and the sun is shining. My conservatory shelf looks quite bare now all my spare plants have gone; some people left me their own offerings so I can have a selection of veg this year. Had a good walk again yesterday, the bluebells are still amazing, and ‘bumped’ into one of the other foodbank volunteers who has stood down for the duration. Funny thing was we’d had a WhatsApp conversation about an hour before. I do like cooking but am no good at presentation; I did admire DP as he slapped the veggie shepherd’s pie on his plate especially as the soy sauce had turned the sweet potato topping into a very distinct colour. However, the flavour could not be faulted; if only I could remember all the extras I chucked in. Today I have some seeds to plant and wonder if I will finally break over the heap of stuff sitting on my bedroom sofa (2 carrier bags of family photos, 2 jigsaws, assorted spec and cases I no longer need, some GD pottery and so on. Hope you have a good day.

Brunette10 Sun 19-Apr-20 09:05:17

Good Morning from Fife. It's quite hazy at the moment but I think it's to brighten up for the day. Had a really good sleep last night and have wakened up to a more positive looking outlook. DD keeping in touch regularly with DGS's and what they are up to, I long for a cuddle from them of course as I know we all are. There are so many good people out there doing their very best to keep things together for others who are not as fortunate as some of us are, let's hope it continues. Thanks to everyone for caring.flowers Sending hugs to Gillybob and whoever else feels life is just too much for them at the moment, we shall get through this, I'm sure. Take care.

TopsyIrene06 Sun 19-Apr-20 09:05:57

Thank you very much for your kind thoughts and explanation Urmstongran.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 19-Apr-20 09:15:10

Morning everyone from a bright South Notts. I need to go shopping later and hope that it'll be all right. You never know what to expect these days, do you? It's all a bit unsettling.
Best wishes to all those who are suffering, either physical illnesses or anxiety.

aggie Sun 19-Apr-20 09:25:30

Morning all , dull here and we had some rain in the night
I hope Gilly gets some relief xxxx

Largolass Sun 19-Apr-20 09:38:26

Good Morning from Fife where the sun is shining and good to see you back *Brunette" hopefully the sky will brighten for you today.
Nothing special needing done indoors today so out for a walk later we used to go out for breakfast on a Sunday and how I miss that but something to look forward too. Our local fish restaurant is opening up tomorrow for take away so little green shoots.
Ordered some jars of jam, marmalade and chutneys to be delivered as a wee treat.

Stay safe everyone and enjoy your day

Legs55 Sun 19-Apr-20 09:48:50

Good morning all, grey but fine here in Devon, suits me as I have to put 3rd coat of paint on my bedroom wall not quite happy with the coveragehmm .

Beef Casserole for Dinner, made yesterday, last night's Dinner & 2 portions in the freezer.

Need to sort out everything for posting whilst I'm out shopping tomorrow. Just my fortnightly top up, I'm trying to only go out once/twice per week, also I do my neighbour's shopping at the same time (she's self-isolating).

My thoughts are with all who are struggling with health issues (their own or loved ones) flowers

EllanVannin Sun 19-Apr-20 09:49:03

Good Morning All x
Bright and getting brighter here so will probably buck up as the day goes on. Not particularly warm but a bit of cleaning around will put paid to that. I just get odd spurts of energy and while it's there I take advantage of it, not a lot mind you smile

Cooked the beef yesterday and it smelt delicious so I sampled a slice on a sandwich with onion for my tea yesterday just to see if it was tender grin Superb !

I keep having the odd blip now and again as my mind works overtime so have to stand in the garden and do some deep breathing, so easy to end up withdrawn. I'll battle on, we have to ! It's the non-visits that are getting me down.

I'm sorry about the weather you're having Urmston. It just shouldn't be like that though I suppose it's joining in with the feeling of the nation : ( It'll pick up.

So, the over 70's can expect to live like this into next year ?
Not a chance ! I'd rather risk it. If this is Boris's idea then the virus has affected his mind.

Thinking of our Gilly and hoping things aren't too bad with her x Everything is so magnified at present.
All you other ladies too and Dexter the dog, hope nobody's struggling too much. Stay safe and well xx Hard Times-CD.

harrigran Sun 19-Apr-20 10:07:09

Good morning from a dry NE where the sun is trying to shine through the cloud.
I watched Phantom of the Opera yesterday morning and enjoyed it, I have never seen a live performance like this, so lavish.
Last night we watched The Pianist, a film I have seen several times, I am amazed that he lived until 2000 considering what he lived through.
I started a new novel and it is very thick, well written and easy reading so will probably spend some time on the sofa with a glass of something.
Stay safe everyone.

Kalu Sun 19-Apr-20 10:09:14

Good morning from another sunny day in Glasgow. Couldn’t resist having my morning coffee in the garden. I had to wrap up as their is a chilly wind but it was so nice to be able to sit outside.

Had FaceTime calls with GDs yesterday and like you Brunette I am missing cuddles from both of them. GD2 was a bit upset and missing us so I had to put on my bravest face and remind her of the plans we have for later. Heaven knows when later will be but she cheered up and I held it together until we ended our catch up.

My Dylon order arrived yesterday so pleased they already contained salt as I had completely forgotten to put it on the shopping list. Hoping my choice of wine colour manages to put some life back into the covers?

Thinking of you gilly and hoping whatever you are having to deal with resolves soon. You have had so much to deal with on your own IRL but remember you have so many friends here to listen and we will help you through any way we can?

Have the best day possible everyone as we plod on a day at a time doing whatever it takes to get us through this with our main objective is, stay safe and healthy.

GabriellaG54 Sun 19-Apr-20 10:10:54

Some people seem to be shopping at the shops every couple of days. Not the spirit we try to keep to...surely?
Perhaps they think it doesn't apply to them.

A sunny and clear blue sky day in Godalming so far.
Run at 5.30 was uneventful with the exception of seeing a fox by a bench. I stopped, it stared and lay down, I ran on. Beautiful creature but much smaller than I thought they were.
Once home, shower, dress, scrambled eggs with chilli flakes on toasted muffin.
I see that, according to proposals reported today, 70+ yr olds can possibly 'look forward?' to a YEAR of lockdown whilst other facilities and shops may open in a measured manner a few weeks apart.
Great eh? Haha, I'm definitely not staying in for that length of time, not 6 or even 3 months. No way Jose.
I think a spell in the courtyard with a cappuccino is on the cards. Radio on low and soak up a few days.
Be good, stay safe and enjoy the small pleasures as much as possible.
??? to everyone and to GNers having a tough time through illness or worries, take heart, we are with you, wishing you strength on every step of your journey. ???