Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(83 Posts)
12Michael Sun 19-Apr-20 06:12:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice dry blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Today, quick trip to Supermarket .
Locally someone has done a dedicated Facebook page as to the corona virus .
Its shows who is open , which places are doing take away meals plus surgery appointment updates, which stores open and when who are doing deliveries .
Mick

Doodle Sun 19-Apr-20 14:34:01

Hello all. Hope you are all keeping well.
gillybob praying for you and your family every day. Take care.
Hope Dexter’s eye is improving dragonfly

GabriellaG54 Sun 19-Apr-20 14:37:31

Ahh... but Rufus, if you paste what you have copied, then it disappears anyway...doesn't it?
I have never known a copied post which then 'disappears' after pasting on GN, to be capable of being re-pasted.
Not on a modern android phone anyway.

Rufus2 Sun 19-Apr-20 15:39:39

I have never known a copied post which then 'disappears' after pasting on GN, to be capable of being repasted
Gabriella Well you do now, 'cos if you were paying attention you'd have "Saved" your witty creation in Word, where it would remain forever and be available for highlighting, copying and pasting time and again.!
No retyping!
Simple! Do you want me to go through that again? grin
Good Health.!

Grandmafrench Sun 19-Apr-20 15:52:47

Good day to everyone! (Morning completely evaporated as a result of very late night and pouring rain which has continued on and off today!)
Nothing to report, absolutely nothing happening here. We are stretched out in front of the fire with books and coffees and snoring animals.
Just wanted to say a million thank yous to all the kind souls on here and on Soop's kitchen who sent lovely messages wishing my DH a happy birthday yesterday*. He was suitably shocked and really thrilled!
Brunette wine and to Dexter/Dragonfly - keep going!
To everyone having a Wobbly Sunday or who is anxious, unwell, afraid or simply just fed up with our unplanned new life.....big hugs to you. Tomorrow's a new day, a new week, maybe a new step towards much better things and who knows - it could be a really sunshiney day! flowers

GabriellaG54 Sun 19-Apr-20 15:53:33

Yes please Rufus.
I don't copy/paste in word, I can somehow just copy (in blue) from the GN screen then paste.
I don't use word, no need, but thanks for the info, it might be useful.some day. grin

GabriellaG54 Sun 19-Apr-20 20:20:09

I could understand being thrilled if they were birthday messages from HM, Megan Markle, the new slimmed down Adele or Priti Patel but us lot.. er...???

Rufus2 Mon 20-Apr-20 13:49:15

copy (in blue) from the GN screen then paste
Gabriella It's happened again! Halfway through a reply, our Michelle (Bournemouth!) phones for our weekly "chat"; 90 minutes later I find my efforts have disappeared!
Never mind; I think you have grasped the wrong end of the stick (it happens a lot with my messages; must be the way I roll my "R"s) ; why would you want to paste 'From' GN? Whenever I succeed in getting that far I "Post Message" before it disappears! My original point was to create your message in Word then paste INTO GN. If things go wrong in GN as they are wont to do, then you've still got your original message saved in Word, to paste again without re-typing!! grin
Simple?
Btw. Taichinan hasn't responded so I assume she's either got it, given up or still struggling! grin
Good Health