Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(95 Posts)
12Michael Mon 20-Apr-20 06:07:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry and clear sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Its looks like another warm day, a day in today.
Some general tidy ups etc for me .
Routine of BBC Breakfast, Daily Kitchen Live , Bargain Hunt ,and then snooze , watch the latest updates ,and then see what I can find on TV later .
Mick

NannyJan53 Mon 20-Apr-20 07:41:56

Good Morning from a lovely sunny Black Country.

Yesterday, after doing a few chores, we sat in the garden reading and listening to 'Sounds of the Seventies' with Johnnie Walker.

I have no plans today except for cleaning the bathroom (oooh the excitement smile) Plus my daily video call to my 90 year old Mum, who seems to be bearing up really well. Keeps saying she doesn't want to be any bother to my DD (who lives nearby). She keeps saying it is no bother at all, if you can't help out your Nan who can you help? She literally drives past her road on the way to work. Although at the moment she only works on Tuesdays.

FB came up with a memory. A year ago today we had a day in Worcester, the photo's show it was a lovely sunny day like it is now. Who would have thought a year later we would be going nowhere?

NanKate we still have to consult the instruction book when we add the salt to our Dishwasher, and we have had it a year now! A good idea to write down the basics in easy steps.

Happy Birtheday *BlueSapphire flowers cupcake

Mythbirtthedragon what a lovely photo.

Best wishes to all, especially our gilly I hope and pray life improves for her soon

SusieB50 Mon 20-Apr-20 07:56:58

Good Morning all from East London another lovely day . I was woken by the sun streaming in through the window , last night I managed to pull the curtain off the curtain track ! Think the end stop has fallen off. So a little job today on the step ladder. A short walk today to see my SiL who is shielding to give her some red cabbage I cooked last night . Still not used to cooking for one - I have enough to last all week ! Anyone know if it freezes ?

kittylester Mon 20-Apr-20 07:58:06

Morning all from a lovely bright North Leicestershire.

I must hoover this morning. I loath cleaning as is obvious from the state of our house!

We had a lovely Sunday lunch yesterday delivered by the dad of the chef. I also had a major wobble after someone said that we could be incarcerated for another year.

Sending love to gilly and many happy returns to bluesapphire. I love the Fosbury Flopper too. I worry about our 18 month old dgs knowing us.

Marydoll Mon 20-Apr-20 08:05:42

Good morning all from a sunny, but chilly Glasgow. It was lovely yesterday in the afternoon, I even took my jacket off in the garden, didn't follow my mother's advice of Never cast a cloot until May is oot. grin

Bluesapphire, happy birthday for yesterday! ??
Mybirthdragon, what a beautiful wee baby!
Before I forget, welcome to all the newbies, I have totally lost track, as there are lots. It's great to see so many posting.

DH is planning to jet wash the drive, so I will need to go and move my car as far away as possible, I know for a fact there will be carnage! After he is finished, the front door, windows etc will be covered in grit, but never mind the drive will look clean and tidy and no pesky weeds in the cracks. We are finding it difficult to get weedkiller. sad

I have a desire to fill the backdoor with washing, as the sun is shining. The winter jackets are all ready washed for next year (or perhaps next month ??), I'm now going to attempt a bouclé coat, which says Dry Clean only. Fingers crossed.
AT the rate this lockdown is going, It would be next winter before I got to the dry cleaners. sad

More pottering in the garden for me, although I think some of my seeds may be too old to germinate. I do miss being able to go to Lidl and Aldi for them.

I have a full bottle of milk which is out of date, as I hate waste I'm going to make scones, but has anyone any other ideas?

I heard from Gilly yesterday, she sends her love to all and will be back posting, when she is ready.

Have a good day all. I haven't made today's maths puzzle yet, so class I may be late! blush

Lins1066 Mon 20-Apr-20 08:17:18

Good Morning Mick and all. Sunny here on the S Welsh coast. Yesterday afternoon was very warm and we sat in the garden for a while. A local shop is selling bedding plants and will deliver on Wednesday, so may order some today.
Happy Birthday BlueSapphire ?
Love and a hug for you gilly and indeed for us all today. I was very down yesterday too. Take care everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 20-Apr-20 08:24:08

Happy Birthday Bluesaphire ???

SusieB50 Mon 20-Apr-20 08:24:57

Happy Birthday BlueSapphire

Gingster Mon 20-Apr-20 08:33:33

Just been blown around the field at the back of our cottage with the dog. But the sun is bright and cheerful. A good drying day! The sea is wild and I never get tired of watching it crash in to shore. I’m glad URMSTONGRAN has some sun at last and I can almost smell those pine trees. Mmmmm! Watched the One World ‘concert’ last night and thought it was wonderful and very emotional. What a treat! Followed by Killing Eve. Looks like it’s going to be a good series again. She’s such a good character. Can’t help but like her ??. I must say I have enjoyed our isolation and could go on another few weeks or months quite happily. I’m usually a very busy gal with lots of hobbies and classes to go to. Always out and about with friends and family, so I’m surprised that I’m not climbing the walls! DH likes to be home and is quite happy pottering. He usually plays golf a couple of times a week, so is missing that a bit. It’s nice to take a breather from ......life. Back to basics and the simple life. I think we will all be different people after this. I feel for people who hate this situation they have been forced into, and it goes without saying that we worry about health and safety. The NHS deserve all our thanks and praise. But from my point of view, I’m making the most of it. Kind thoughts to all and especially those with worries. ?

Brunette10 Mon 20-Apr-20 08:35:12

Good Morning from a beautiful sunny day in Fife. The wind is still with us but it is getting warmer each day. Happy Birthday to you BlueSapphire flowers I hope your day goes well. Mythbirtthedragon what a lovely photo. DH has been going through lots of old photos which gave us a lot to think about yesterday. So nice to see them again and stirs up lots of memories.. Today will be as usual, tidying up inside and out and going for our walk. Thinking of Gilly, she knows we are here for her. Enjoy today everyone and take care.

Pittcity Mon 20-Apr-20 08:37:09

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Just about to go to Lidl as it's quiet between 9 and 10. I have washing to hang out too. That's about it!
DH is doing jobs that have needed doing for ages. He is frustrated that you can't just nip out to buy a washer. We've had to return several online DIY buys as they looked right on the screen but weren't in real life.

Happy Birthday Bluesapphire ?

Greyduster Mon 20-Apr-20 08:40:02

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sun is out in South Yorkshire but it is cold at the moment. We have some compost and bedding plants being delivered today, but not to us; to our DD’s as she lives within their delivery area and we don’t, so we are risking taking the car out in order to pick them up. It’s the first time we have been out in the car for weeks - I feel like we are doing something very underhand!
Happy Birthday to you, *Blue Sapphire*; enjoy it the best way you can!??. We had a walk yesterday to our local wood and the bluebells were out!

Greyduster Mon 20-Apr-20 08:42:51

No idea where the photo went!

Greyduster Mon 20-Apr-20 08:43:09

?‍♀️

grannysyb Mon 20-Apr-20 08:44:12

Good morning all, bright and breezy here. No allotment today as DH is sorting his paperwork and I am going to start putting the top cover on the sofa. I took the old one off on Saturday and am using the pieces as a pattern. Happy birthday BlueSapphire and what a bonny baby Mybirthdragom

dragonfly46 Mon 20-Apr-20 08:47:26

Happy Birthday Blue Sapphire.

I have to say I am having a huge wobble.
Those who are able to see the bluebells are so lucky.

Vet visit later - I do hope it will be good news.

Hope every one stays safe.

Auntieflo Mon 20-Apr-20 08:48:53

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
Another lovely bright and sunny start to the day here in our corner of Berks.
I did a bit of weeding/clearing, in the front garden yesterday morning. I hope to be able to gradually get out there and clear a bit more today or tomorrow.
DD Face Timed yesterday, she was sitting in their garden and the birds were really making a racket, but it was a lovely racket.
My knitting is growing, now on the sleeves. I want it finished, but also don't , as I enjoy having something to keep my hands busy.
Marydoll,thanks for keeping us updated re Gilly, sending special thoughts to her and her family. flowers
Many Happy Returns BlueSapphire
What a beautiful baby Mythbirtthedragon, future gymnast?
Better get up soon, or this lovely day will be done and dusted. My tea cup needs re-filling, and I need some breakfast.
Take care and stay safe one and all.

Anniebach Mon 20-Apr-20 08:55:54

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Loved the photograph of the Bluebell wood,

flowerlover Mon 20-Apr-20 08:57:32

Good morning from a sunny Co Antrim. So unusual to wake up to a cloudless blue sky here especially in April. I am feeling a bit down today as post Easter reality has set in. I should have been meeting a friend this morning for coffee and a long catch up and on Wednesday my closest friend (we met when we were 19) and her husband were coming from England to stay with us for a long awaited holiday. I am thankful for what I have but the uncertainty of what will happen next is getting to me . Sorry for my moaning. Reading this thread on Gransnet helps a lot so thanks to everyone who contributes from an avid reader.

Urmstongran Mon 20-Apr-20 08:57:50

Sorry to hear you’re having a huge wobble today dragonfly I hope it passes soon for you. These are strange times and I think manyof us get caught out by our ‘what ifs’ every now and again don’t we? x

dragonfly46 Mon 20-Apr-20 09:03:59

Thank you Urmston xx

harrigran Mon 20-Apr-20 09:05:21

Good morning from a bright NE.
DH set the washer away while we have our cup of tea in bed.
GC will be back into their home education today, eldest has an online assembly as I am typing.
They were both very cheerful when we had a video call on Friday night.
A day of pottering and reading my novel.
Happy birthday Bluesapphire
Thinking of all who are struggling.

Grammaretto Mon 20-Apr-20 09:29:34

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where we are heading for a hot day (by our standards hot!)

My earlier post vanished so here I am on second breakfast.
DH is gone to the GP for a blood test complete with a scarf to wrap around his face if needs be. We are both getting quite anxious which isn't like us.

Dragonfly come back on the lock-down thread as it may lift your spirits. I think hearing about all the walks that others are able to have just compounds our misery.

Gorgeous pictures though. Thanks.

I had to cheer DD yesterday too Scentia I think that's our job now. They had a power cut for several hours, drove to the nearest town 30 minutes away to try to get takeaway but nothing was open.

Happy Birthday Blue Sapphire!! flowers
It's DFiL's bd too. He is a day older than the Queen.

I'm glad the sun is shining in Malaga Urmston smile

Annapops Mon 20-Apr-20 09:36:18

Good morning from a bright County Durham.
My plan is to keep super busy today after a rather lazy weekend, although I did manage to fit in my exercise routines and have only given one run a miss.
Yesterday we had a zoom session with the family. It was lovely seeing them all together again plus the GC could interact with each other too. We're really missing them but then so is everyone else in the same position.
Dinner is already in the slow cooker for later, so at least this day is beginning in a much more organised fashion.
Take care everyone. X

GabriellaG54 Mon 20-Apr-20 09:50:56

Oh what a beautiful morning...oh what...a la la ?? yes, it truly is beautiful. Blue sky, sun and a very mild ruffle of breeze makes me long for Guildford lido or train to Ryde or even a walk in the woods hereabouts.
The fox I saw on my walk yesterday was again out and about this morning but further along the path and looked to be limping a bit but I didn't stop to say hello.
I may ring for advice.
Had a shower, cleaned bathroom and vac'd upstairs then had toast honey and tea for a change.☕??
I've ordered some Lipton's iced tea - black tea with peach and some other flavour and a lot of Activia yogurts both raspberry and rhubarb flavours. Delicious frozen. ?

It's good to see some of you making an effort on special days such as birthdays and anniversaries, even when we long for our families to celebrate with us so here's wishing you a very Happy Birthday BlueSapphire??
Anniebach is pretty quiet on the forums so I hope life is treating her well ? and as for the cheeky little madam flaunting her legs in the air...what fun. It takes me right back to mine at that age (sigh)
Time to carry on reading Rebecca so I'll wish you all a happy day and hope that any worries can be set aside for a while to give you some peace.

PS...good to know the sun is friends with you again Urmstongran, enjoy your stroll.

??

GabriellaG54 Mon 20-Apr-20 09:52:10

Oh yes, almost forgot. Love the bluebell wood pictures. Thanks.