Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(95 Posts)
12Michael Mon 20-Apr-20 06:07:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry and clear sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Its looks like another warm day, a day in today.
Some general tidy ups etc for me .
Routine of BBC Breakfast, Daily Kitchen Live , Bargain Hunt ,and then snooze , watch the latest updates ,and then see what I can find on TV later .
Mick

CherryCezzy Mon 20-Apr-20 11:52:42

You may be able to use some of your milk to make flat breads Marydoll.

EBear Mon 20-Apr-20 12:16:23

Good morning from a sunny and breezy Norfolk.

Hoping everyone has a good day as they can, thinking of everyone who may be struggling especially gillybob.

Theoddbird Mon 20-Apr-20 12:30:20

Good morning...Sunny but windy here on the river lark. I have to go out today other than for a walk. Grandson's birthday present to post plus present for great niece. Means trip to post office. Will buy fresh fruit and veg while out. Oh and hopefully find tinned sweet corn. There seems to be a shortage and I do love it on a salad. Have a lovely day x

janzicb1 Mon 20-Apr-20 12:40:29

Happy birthday blue sapphire and many more happy ones too

dragonfly46 Mon 20-Apr-20 12:53:54

Well they have kept Dexter in at the vets as he wouldn't let them examine him so they are going to sedate him. This is quite risky for Chow Chows I believe as he already has breathing difficulties. At least they will be able to examine him properly and my DD is in agreement.

moggie Mon 20-Apr-20 13:06:59

flowersjacq10
I hope all goes well at the vets dragonfly

Marydoll Mon 20-Apr-20 13:10:20

jaq, lovely to see you posting.
We will meet again in Glasgow, I'm sure of it.
?

Kalu Mon 20-Apr-20 13:36:39

Lovely to read a post from you jaqc. Understandable you had a wobble yesterday but hope you are feeling a wee bit better today. I must say you certainly didn’t look ‘old’ when I met you at our Glasgow meet up. I thought you were a very elegant lady and so enjoyed meeting you.

Hope you pop in here again. Enjoy your coffee and here’s ‘til we meet again?

CaroleAnne Mon 20-Apr-20 13:45:12

SusieB50. Red cabbage freezes well. We had some from the freezer last week which I had made a while ago and it was delicious.
Have a good day as possible everyone.
We may go for a socially distancing walk this afternoon to imbibe some sunshine.
Hope that Gillybob is feeling more able to cope with whatever is going on in her life at present.❣

Brunette10 Mon 20-Apr-20 14:08:14

Kalu - sorry to hear you 'over-did' it yesterday in the garden, easy to do when you enjoy the garden and of course good weather to go with it. If I took co-codamol I would be laid flat on my back, it does not agree with me at all and sends me lal-la wink. I hope it makes you feel better though. Take it easy we are all not as young as we were/think we are. wink

Marydoll Mon 20-Apr-20 14:16:12

Speak for yourself, Brunette! You know I'm only 40. ?

Brunette10 Mon 20-Apr-20 14:36:45

A very young 40 at that too Marydoll smile

Urmstongran Mon 20-Apr-20 15:00:33

? for you today jacq10 it’s nice to have you join the gang - hopefully on a regular basis now. x

Grandmafrench Mon 20-Apr-20 15:02:28

Chin up, jacq10 that was a lovely post.

susan Love red cabbage - but quite a palaver, I think. So we always freeze some. Mind you, since Lockdown days, I freeze everything so nothing is ever wasted. ?

Dexter will be much better off not being super stressed, so good decision dragonfly. Expect he’ll have a short acting sedative and will soon be asking you what the fuss was all about. Really hope with all your care and input, the Vet is able to properly assess his progress.

Kalu Yes, the revised pouring rain forecast is now for maybe 5 days. Fortunately we’re here....if we were still in Normandy we would have been managing/struggling with a river and flood gates, a stream near the house, a lake and a mill race. DH in chest waders like a rural King Canute and me in wellies and a wax coat moving sheep and swearing quite a bit whilst struggling with the door to the sheepshed .....happy days! ?

glammagran Mon 20-Apr-20 15:21:29

My son (in the Netherlands) who uses Microsoft accounts software for his online meetings invited us all on Saturday evening to eat our dinners together. All 3 of my children and their families which rarely occurs in real life. Just lovely. 20 month old GDG looked really shocked at first to see so many people on a screen at one time but she interacts very well with her older cousins now.

I had a really bad day last Wednesday when I decided to gather up her toys and books which I then left in the garage for her mother to collect. Left me in floods of tears. No idea when I’ll see her again.

A pony club mum I knew from 20 years ago died earlier today of COVID-19. She was only in her 50’s.

Grammaretto Mon 20-Apr-20 16:37:28

glammagran that brings it home to you, when it's someone so young who you know.

Nice to see you posting on here jacq10 and glad you have a big garden to enjoy. I had to come back inside - too sunny!
I am so pleased there will be an end to the Spanish lock-down for the children. Urmston

jacq10 Mon 20-Apr-20 17:10:11

Thanks everyone for making me welcome. Can't believe the weather here today. 51 years we were in Aberdeen on our honeymoon and I had never been so cold in my life!! Of course my honeymoon "trousseau" consisted of a short skirted suit with a boxy jacket (remember them?) and a sleeveless blouse. Very smart but couldn't withstand the chill of an Aberdeen wind!! Like Grammaretto I had to come inside this afternoon - but that's not a complaint!!

Qwerty Mon 20-Apr-20 20:19:57

Happy Birthday Blue Sapphire! We're just enjoying a bottle of Prosecco before a, not very grand,meal: Fried Egg on Fried Bread! We did have a healthy lunch: Tinned Sardines on Toast with Salad followed by Apple and Blackberry Crumble and Custard. Find fun where you can!

GabriellaG54 Mon 20-Apr-20 20:22:57

Gosh! It's ages since I had fried bread. Decades. Fried in bacon fat...drool ..?