Gransnet forums

Chat

Where’s Boris

(104 Posts)
Annecan Mon 20-Apr-20 10:12:55

I sincerely wish him well, but it’s not good for the nation to have an absent leader
The daily press conferences are becoming a farce, andIm starting to feel we are being treated like children
Give us leadership, give us all the facts, and tell us why you are following a particular scientific approach as compared to others

paddyanne Mon 20-Apr-20 10:33:57

He's in hiding ...its what he does best .The mixed messages from the stand ins are a problem ,they change the advice to suit themselves and sadly the virus will spread more because people belive what they're told .The death toll is already MUCH higher than they are admitting as deaths at home or in care homes aren't being counted.Why exactly are the English public putting up with him ?

ChrisT Mon 20-Apr-20 10:37:58

Getting the paperwork ready for Gove to take over. He's decided it's too much like hard work.

Sparklefizz Mon 20-Apr-20 10:40:29

paddyanne How can you be so cruel? He's been extremely ill.

Harris27 Mon 20-Apr-20 10:41:13

He needs to get back and lead. Sorry but that’s how I feel even if he does it from chequers!

Barmeyoldbat Mon 20-Apr-20 10:44:09

In hiding, he needs to get back but then again he is out of his depth.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 20-Apr-20 10:46:47

He has been out of hospital (including time in ICU) for 7 days. He is recuperating!!!!

He is receiving his “red boxes” and is in touch with the Cabinet.

Political point scoring is not nice in these circumstances!

starbird Mon 20-Apr-20 10:47:29

I am sure he is following medical advice. He looked far from well when he was released from hospital and it is said that it takes two months to recover completely. For now he probably feels as though he’s been hit by the back of a bus. If he rushes it he could become ill again. Plus I think Carrie is quite a determined woman and is doing her best to stop him from overdoing it.

In spite of that according to reports he is following the situation closely and putting his oar in, if he thinks it necessary. I think he deserves to step back a bit, there is nothing like stress to make you vulnerable to illness, and this virus is certainly stressful - there are no easy answers to it.

Iam64 Mon 20-Apr-20 10:49:20

To be admitted to hospital and then into ITU means Mr J was very ill. He needs to convalesce.
I didn't vote for him, never would vote Conservative but honestly, are we so stupid that we don't understand that his virus is a killer and that those lucky en0ugh to survive, will need a period of rest and recuperation. I doubt he's completely free of work right now.

jaylucy Mon 20-Apr-20 10:51:51

He's recuperating at Chequers apparently , was he expected to go straight back to work when, by all accounts, the virus leaves you feeling completely exhausted?

12Michael Mon 20-Apr-20 10:53:06

He`s in his country residence in Buckinghamshire , recovering for a few weeks
Mick

Franzipan60 Mon 20-Apr-20 10:58:12

Personally I don’t like Boris Johnson or his party, I did not vote for any of them. That said I would not wish this virus on my worst enemy.
I caught the virus at the end of February, it has taken all of March and this month so far, to try and recover. I did not go to hospital, but as a previous pneumonia patient with a scarred left lung, there was a time in March where I thought it was all going wrong....I think a recent pneumonia vaccination may well of pulled me through the worst.
Given the treatment Boris seems to have experienced, I would think it would be several months for recovery.
Better to have a healthy PM than none at all....that’s the stark choice he may well have faced. That said, I hope this government is held to account for the way they have delayed handling this pandemic in the early weeks, when they could have done far more, but seemed to ignore the elephant in the room ???

EllanVannin Mon 20-Apr-20 11:06:27

Only for him being ill himself he wouldn't have known what was going on----it's the way I see it anyway.

EllanVannin Mon 20-Apr-20 11:07:32

Sometimes illness can be a blessing in disguise wink

Purplepixie Mon 20-Apr-20 11:08:07

I have to say that I am not a fan of his but he has been seriously ill and must be allowed the time to get fully better. We all need to pull together and have empathy for other people even if that mean Boris. smile

sunseeker Mon 20-Apr-20 11:13:11

I have thought that some posters on GN have become particularly unpleasant - this thread proves it

JenniferEccles Mon 20-Apr-20 11:14:11

I’m sorry but this is a really stupid question.

You know perfectly well where he is and why he is there.

He was seriously ill in intensive care and admitted that it could have gone either way so it’s quite obvious he needs to spend time getting his strength back.

Esspee Mon 20-Apr-20 11:27:11

It is extremely petty to attempt to point score when the man was so seriously ill.
(I would say the same regardless of which political party he led)

HootyMcOwlface Mon 20-Apr-20 11:29:11

Have you checked in the fridge?

EllanVannin Mon 20-Apr-20 11:35:04

Sunseeker if you're referring to mine, it was meant in the best possible way as I maintain that some people do need a shock of sorts to bring them down to earth and what better than to experience a " mild " dose to give him an idea of what a pandemic is about and what it entails because he was pretty lax at the start of things.

CassieJ Mon 20-Apr-20 11:38:35

He is recuperating. He has been seriously ill. This virus can takes weeks or months to get over. Why do you think he can just bounce back when other people can't?
I imagine he is at last taking proper doctors advice and taking it easy until he is much better.

EllanVannin Mon 20-Apr-20 11:41:17

I have every sympathy for anyone who's ill with this virus, the same as I do every winter when thousands of our citizens lose their lives to 'flu, but it also annoys me that notices given out during these times should be total lockdown from the start to save all these lives having been lost and it wasn't done.

EllanVannin Mon 20-Apr-20 11:44:28

China did it with their millions of citizens and so should we have done, regardless of what the public would have thought at the time.
Trouble is, we're not used to being told what to do----except now after nearly 17,000 deaths !! Unacceptable.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 20-Apr-20 11:48:10

Steve Bell

Remote education

Remote sport

Remote prime minister

Remote chance of normality

heath480 Mon 20-Apr-20 11:56:32

What a stupid question OP!!!

He has been critically ill!!

Doctors are saying it will take about three months for people who have been hospitalised to recover from this virus.

This is not the time for political backstabbing.