Gransnet forums

Chat

Perfume favourites and why?

(142 Posts)
Missfoodlove Thu 23-Apr-20 11:02:06

I have a “ signature” perfume Nuxe Prodigieux, I find the scent uplifting and really sensuous.

For every day I use scents from Jeanne en Provence, their perfumes are from £8-£20 a bottle, the smells really make you feel as though you’re in Southern France, light, delicate,feminine floral notes.

Special occasions it’s Juliet has a Gun Lady Vengeance, it is so provocative and empowering.

What are your favourites and why?

Mollygo Fri 24-Apr-20 22:08:54

Estée Lauder White Linen- I love the smell of Youth Dew but it didn’t smell good on me.
Everyday perfumes tend to be light -Guerlain’s Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic or Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier.
My favourite at the moment is Clinique’s Aromatics in Black. I love the scent and I like it because it’s not overpowering but I can still smell it on my skin even at the end of the day.

Jang Sat 25-Apr-20 04:42:49

Gosh a lot of these sound very expensive/posh.
It's J'dore for me.. reminds me of when I met my OH
Previously White Musk (the body shop)
I also love DKNY Pure, for everyday use liked Little White Dress by Avon but they stopped doing it

debgaga Sat 25-Apr-20 09:07:37

Chanel no 19 for everyday. Shalimar for evening. Tom Ford Soleil Blanc for summer holidays.

harrigran Sat 25-Apr-20 09:32:27

Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone or anything by Serge Lutens, Bronze Goddess for summer daytime.

cas58 Sat 25-Apr-20 10:44:01

My Queen by Alexander McQueen. Apparently stopped making it when he passed. I am so disappointed! I loved that one. I usually wear Chanel No5. Use the No5 deodorant as body spray.

cas58 Sat 25-Apr-20 11:03:36

I also love Jontue by Revlon but couldn't wear it. I said how much I loved the smell and got a ton at Christmas one year, then discovered I couldn't wear it!

EmilyHarburn Sat 25-Apr-20 14:24:08

I loved White Fire by Grossmith
See this below on internet.

picclick.co.uk/Rare-Full-Bottle-Of-1950s-Grossmith-White-Fire-263244132379.html www.stephanmatthews.com/2018/01/old-cottage-lavender-by-grossmith.html
Way back in 1957 I remember my gran had a bottle of White Fire perfume that she kept in a glass-fronted showcase. It was in a tiny dark red ribbed glass bottle, and it had a gold capped top. It was very very special. I loved the smell and I thought at the time it was the most expensive perfume in the world.

jerseygirl Sat 25-Apr-20 20:21:26

Chance by Chanel, Chanel madamoiselle but only for special occasions. I also love the strong ones, opium, black opium, obsession and clarins aromatic elixir, also estee lauder beautiful. I have also discovered again emporio armani, gorgeous!!

TwiceAsNice Sat 25-Apr-20 22:51:34

Anais Anais and Rive Gauche when I was in my twenties then Arpege (Lanvin) and Opium in the evening only as it was quite a heavy scent. I’ve gone back to an old favourite Blue Grass ( you couldnt get it for a while and I’d forgotten how much I liked it and have worn it ever since

Puzzler61 Sun 26-Apr-20 13:28:55

Nannytrace.I hope your baby granddaughter remembers your fragrance. You must be really missing contact with her. Seeing her in photo’s or on a screen during lockdown is second best, not the same. I’m sure she will remember you.

BigBraRa Tue 28-Apr-20 22:51:31

My favourite is Magie Noir by Lancôme. I used to like D & G Feminine but that is sadly no more, don't think Magie Noir will be far behind as its getting harder to find. When I was young I used Bodyshop White Musk, if I smell it now it brings back memories.

Cambia Sun 03-May-20 10:40:56

Crafty granny it really is lovely isn’t it? I tend to pick it up in duty free for around £50 once or twice a year. I know duty free isn’t usually the cheapest place but I haven’t found it cheaper anywhere else!

Purplepixie Tue 19-May-20 00:42:14

I still love 5th Avenue perfume by Elizabeth Arden. It brings back such wonderful memories of people I knew in the past that are long gone. The smell is beautiful and subtle and I wear it everyday. X

loopyloo Tue 19-May-20 06:17:32

Oh, do you remember when we could go into a department store, through the beauty section and have a test spray of a perfume!

lemsip Tue 19-May-20 08:35:30

I go in the large perfume departments I always ask if they have any free samples and have often been given two or three different little ones in tiny spray vials.

amy40 Mon 12-Oct-20 21:03:13

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.