Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Fri 24-Apr-20 06:08:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright sunny and dry day in Brackley.
Usual shop this morning , hair trimmer yet to arrive , plus my cycling subscription does not start until next week, both to look forward to.
Otherwise que up, shop, get back and some exercise as well..
Mick

Lins1066 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:07:36

Good Morning Mick and all from a sunny S Welsh coast.

I have an online shop order to put together this morning for delivery tomorrow. We had bags of compost delivered yesterday and DH planted sweet peas, Cosmos and lots of herbs in pots and also some tomato plants in wall mounted planters. The garden is looking a lot better. Bin collections this morning.

Best wishes to Mr Gingster and gilly ??
Hope to hear from Marydoll today.

Brunette10 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:08:21

Good Morning form a beautiful Fife, it's going to be another sunny day and even warmer than yesterday hooray! Gingster you did the right thing yesterday for your DH and I hope he is feeling better today, well done NHS. Scentia glad yesterday went well for you. We will be yet again out in the garden and hoping to paint some fences today whilst it's nice and dry and warm. Our days are going in quite well but you do have to keep busy. I'm settling into this odd situation we have just now but I am obviously missing our 'normal' life. However we must all feel confident enough to start that whenever it's going to be. Hope everyone will have a good day and of course thinking of those not so well - keep your chin up!

Grammaretto Fri 24-Apr-20 08:08:34

Good morning all from the fairly sunny Scottish Borders.

That sounds scary for you Gingster He must be somewhat better if they brought him home. Fingers crossed.

Friday night zoom quiz for us to make up for Tuesday which had to be cancelled when DD fell down the stairs.

I am doing a little of everything each day so it never gets boring. Starting with a little breakfast.

Have as best a day as you can especially all those with extra worries.

brook2704 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:09:10

So pleased you’re back Marydoll and feeling better. Take special care - we missed you yesterday ! ?❤️

Brunette10 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:09:14

Marydoll - lovely to hear from you and nice to have you back smile

Brunette10 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:10:49

Marydoll - can I have some of your condensed milk please?? Can't get it anywhere sad

Gelisajams Fri 24-Apr-20 08:11:10

Good morning from a sunny calm Morecambe Bay. What a worry Ginster hope the news is good when you get the results. ?.
Not much planned for today except a walk and some indoor exercise. Didn’t do the planned walk yesterday but explored a different path and have found a new circular walk.
Maybe start a crochet blanket as one of our neighbours looks heavily pregnant.
Take care and keep safe everyone.?

Pantglas2 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:12:15

Oh goody Marydoll is back!

Yes Anne9054 very lucky to live in lovely north Wales- look what they did to our castle......

Hope Mr Gingster is feeling better soon - scary stuff in these difficult times flowers

Gelisajams Fri 24-Apr-20 08:15:57

Welcome back * Marydoll*. Like most, I missed you yesterday, and I was concerned. I so admire your positivity, it helps keep me on my toes!
You hadn’t posted before I wrote my last past.

SusieB50 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:18:03

Good morning all from East London , usual day today , hope to take part in my daughter’s zoom art class later which will be different ! Managed to clear a box of late DH ‘s paperwork yesterday, watched the Big Night Out last night whilst doing it which helped .
I’ve had some geraniums delivered by a lovely family business I always visit and will pot them up today .SiL and I did a joint order so it was worthwhile for them and she drove to me , stayed in the car whilst I opened the boot ! Very surreal this life ..

Grammaretto Fri 24-Apr-20 08:20:11

Re his hair Marydoll. I now understand why the pudding basin cut was popular. Easy to cut around something and the alternatives , spiky and through- a- hedge- backwards looks never caught on.
Did you see how Nicola managed her own?'
www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/nicola-sturgeon-cuts-her-own-hair-after-husband-offers-brave-lockdown-haircut-2536529

BlueSapphire Fri 24-Apr-20 08:22:09

Good morning everyone from a very sunny Northampton, so I shall be spending time doing a few more jobs in the garden this afternoon. Will probably trim the back grass edges. Will be putting some of my winter wardrobe away this morning, and getting summer stuff out, probably washing some of it to freshen it up.

Could feel a wobble coming on yesterday afternoon, so took myself out to trim the front hedge. One of my neighbours happened to be out on his drive across the road and a 5 minute chat/shout and a bit of banter really cheered me up. Too much time to think when I'm on my own is my problem, I think. I was fine for the rest of the day. Anyway the hedge looked good afterwards, and I managed to get rid of a lot of weeds growing underneath it. Must now spray the weeds on the drive.

Sainsbury's delivery this afternoon. They've just emailed me to say there is only one substitution, a 4 pack of batteries instead of the 12 pack I'd ordered. Everything else is there. Oh, except for the bottle of red wine! But I think I have enough in!

Hoping we have a good day.

NannyJan53 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:23:28

Good Morning from another bright and sunny Black Country.

More work in the garden yesterday, it has never looked so good and we have been here 7 years now!

My DD lives in a Staffordshire village and sent photo's of a 5 mile 2 hour walk they did. Lovely photo's, of the surrounding countryside. The girls were not impressed though by the length of the walk. Apparently they took a wrong turn so it was an accident it was so long.

As others have said, I too am missing the social contact of my U3A groups, walking groups and meeting friends for coffee/lunch. Also it goes without saying, my family too.

Wishing Mr Gingster well, you certainly did the right thing in calling the paramedics Gingster

Pleased you are back and feeling a little better Marydoll

Wishing you all a good day, with special love and thoughts to gilly

BladeAnnie Fri 24-Apr-20 08:33:15

Good morning from another bright and sunny morning in mid-Notts. I had a bit of a wobble yesterday - really out of sorts. However today is a new day and I'm going to keep myself busy knitting covid hearts following an appeal from our local hospital. Stay safe and may Friday be kind to us all x

aggie Fri 24-Apr-20 08:34:23

Good Morning all
Another lovely sunny morning here , some plants in the plastic greenhouse are thriving , others are still dormant , one sweet pea has died ! Mini tulips in the border are in full bloom
Delighted to see Marydoll back , must confess I find her maths beyond me ?

Greyduster Fri 24-Apr-20 08:38:01

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out again in South Yorkshire. It feels wrong to ask for a bit of rain, but the farmers could do with it now. The fields are very dry. On line sessions with both my offspring and their significant others last night. DiL, front line NHS, was not feeling well, which is worrying. Hope it is something and nothing. Not much planned for today. I will make a curry for tomorrow and DH will clean out the conservatory gutters. Exciting stuff! Have a safe day, folks.

Marydoll Fri 24-Apr-20 08:38:09

Gingster, our posts crossed. I hope your husband is feeling a bit better today. So scary for both of you and even worse, when you couldn't accompany him.?

Urmstongran Fri 24-Apr-20 08:40:29

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s mild, the palm trees aren’t dancing which is a good sign! Himself is outside walking up and down the landing marching to songs on his iPod. I can hear his trainers thump past on the tiles every minute or so ... strange times indeed.

Friday = steak night here now. I’d better put those fat steaks in the frying pan now on a low light!
?

I’m glad to see you’re posting again Marydoll we all missed you yesterday and your humour. we need to learn sign language just cracked me up!

Gingster what an anxious time you must have had yesterday not being able to go with your husband to the hospital. Again, strange times nowadays when the poorly people have to ‘go it alone’. Hope his results are encouraging. I note some on here are missing the ‘g’ out of your name - I think they must be thinking of Cornish pasties!

? to you this morning Maw and Scentia what are you doing up so early? I’d have needed a lie in! I’m glad your first session went well on the bank. Well done that woman.

Hope Friday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Urmstongran Fri 24-Apr-20 08:44:12

Just one duck in the swimming pool at present. We had six in it yesterday quacking away!

I just watched it waddle across the grass and stand by the ground floor apartment where the little girl throws bread to them ...

Lins1066 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:52:17

Good to see you back Mary ?

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 08:53:15

Good morning from the North East coast where we have a bright start to Friday (hope it’s a little warmer than of late).

Spent hours on the phone to various people/authorities yesterday........ complete waste of time . It’s as though the whole world has left the building. A few bits of paperwork to finish off later today and then I might reward myself with a walk on the beach.

Blimey that was better than normal service from the NHS for your DH Ginster . The usual would have been 5 hours wait for an ambulance then 9 hours on a trolley waiting to be seen . Sorry to sound bitter but it’s sadly true. I do hope he gets the results of the tests and the right treatment equally as quick. It must’ve been quite scary .

Janet Street Porter writing in today’s Mail makes a very good point.

Glad to see you back MissMaryDoll you were missed yesterday and that MissSheba went home and locked me in the classroom ! Sorry about letting the stick insects out....I was bored.

I wonder where Nicola got her hairdressing scissors from Grammaretto you can’t get them for love nor money ? wink

Special treat for the children in our street last night when at the time of the 8pm clapping a jam sandwich drove up the street complete with blue lights and nee nahs ..... the kids on the end were going wild with excitement . We have a young police officer lives opposite and I wonder if he had something to do with it?

Well I hope everyone has the best day possible . Love and best wishes to all my Gransnet friends.

Gillybob x

gillybob Fri 24-Apr-20 08:55:05

Love the photo of the loan duck and the swimming pool Urms he must think all his birthdays have come at once, having a private pool .

Susan56 Fri 24-Apr-20 08:57:24

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where its another bright start.
Glad your first day went well Scentia and glad your husband is home Gingster after such good treatment and care.
Glad you are feeling better Mary.
Cherry thinking of you and hope you are feeling better today?
Hope you had some replies to your telephone calls gilly and that yesterday was a better day.x
Have a good day all.

Anniebach Fri 24-Apr-20 08:58:15

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Fri 24-Apr-20 09:01:50

gillybob ?