Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Fri 24-Apr-20 06:08:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright sunny and dry day in Brackley.
Usual shop this morning , hair trimmer yet to arrive , plus my cycling subscription does not start until next week, both to look forward to.
Otherwise que up, shop, get back and some exercise as well..
Mick

Brunette10 Fri 24-Apr-20 11:23:23

Kalu - someone else who shares one of the same small pleasures. I too love washing hanging out in the sunshine and the faint fragrance blowing through. My DH thinks I'm a bit sad but it gives me a little pleasure - sad or not I don't care smile

Taichinan Fri 24-Apr-20 11:25:48

Hello Grannyowl, nice to meet you! Love your name! Owl was (one of my) nickname at school. I used to wear those truly horrid round black-rimmed glasses. Scores of years later they looked good on Harry Potter, but then. ........!

GrannyOwl5 Fri 24-Apr-20 11:34:22

Thank you for all your messages of welcome. Taichinan my name was given to me by my grandchildren; I thought it was because I was clever and wise, but as they always sniggered when they started using it perhaps it was for another reason! The name stuck and DH is known as Grandad Owl ?

Kalu Fri 24-Apr-20 11:55:29

Nothing beats it Brunette ?. along with getting into a freshly made bed and that smell. Bliss.

jacq10 Fri 24-Apr-20 12:10:37

Another sunny day up here - it does help me get through the day when I can sit out and have an occasional chat with the neighbours (from a distance). It's quite difficult with one neighbour as he has a very soft voice and I am trying to lip read sometimes but that doesn't help at a distance. I make the excuse to him that I can't really hear for the wind and we wave our hands about a bit. Enjoyed the chat about the fresh smell from washing. Remember doing a poem in school about favourite smells and I wrote about burying my face in the washing when carrying it in. We lived in two rooms and a kitchen with an outside toilet but my Mum was kept it spotless and there was always washing on the line. It was just the pure fresh smell of the air as there no conditioners, etc, back then! Hope everyone has as good a weekend as possible.

PS: Loved the photo of the swimming pool and duck Urmstongran! Happy memories.

dragonfly46 Fri 24-Apr-20 12:13:42

Yes I too loved the picture of the duck, especially with the whale!!
Did anyone see the goats which had come down from the Great Orme in Llandudno because there was no traffic around. I wonder if they have gone back.

GabriellaG54 Fri 24-Apr-20 13:03:16

GrannyOwl5?
Twit-twoo ???
I hope you enjoy many happy hours reading and posting.

GabriellaG54 Fri 24-Apr-20 13:09:59

I'm a little perplexed as everyone but me seems to know what Scentia's new job is.
I gather it's something to do with children and adults involving long hours and is very worthwhile...
Scentia...could you bring me up to date and I too wish you all the very best in your new position...whatever it may be. 15 hrs seems a very very long time though. Do you get lunch provided?

Kalu Fri 24-Apr-20 13:10:09

I have never used conditioners jacq only a small amount of vinegar to get rid of any residue soap so possibly the reason why the fresh bed linen smell is so prominent. Hadn’t thought of that.

Scentia Fri 24-Apr-20 13:46:09

GabriellaG54
I am a social care worker, working with vulnerable children who are looked after as they can no longer live in a family home. I am just working on a bank so I can pick and choose my hours as we also have a business to run. (However, the business is not going too well at the moment, hence me getting a job!)