Gransnet forums

Chat

Why after all this time

(77 Posts)
ttgran Tue 28-Apr-20 18:29:06

Its 28 years today since my mum died yet on every anniversary I feel such sadness I still miss talking to her we were very close sadly apart from my husband no one else remembers her.
I do have dvd's of her with my children but struggle to watch without feeling such sadness when actually it should bring me happiness to see her alive and talking.
Is this a normal reaction ?

Flygirl Wed 29-Apr-20 21:58:05

Mum died in a care home 4 years ago but I always feel her around me. Like the previous post above, I am so grateful that my parents aren't having to go through this pandemic in Care Homes. I would be beside myself with worry for them. A few months ago, I was going through a few of mum's things in my loft, and found a card she had written for my daughter's birthday, before she broke her hip and never came back to her flat in 2012. She went into care.
Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday and I'm going to present it to her (well....leave it on the front step for collection), and I know there will be a few tears. A hand written, personally addressed card from beyond the grave. She's definitely still around, and I find comfort from that.